Facts About Ray Park
|Celebrated Name||Ray Park|
|Age||48 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Raymond Park|
|Place Of Birth||Glasgow|
|Famous For||His role as Darth Maul in film, "Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace".|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Ray Park is a Scottish actor, author, and martial artist who is best known for his portrayal of Darth Maul in epic soap-opera film, "Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace". Park is also known for his voice role as Toad in a superhero film, "X-Men" and Snake-Eyes in a sci-fi action film, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra". He is also a martial artist as he even had won Great Britain's Martial Arts National Championship for his class when he was just 16.
On July 24, 2020, Park was in headlines after he allegedly posted a personal video of himself involving in sexual activity with his wife, Lisa Park on his Instagram: @iamraypark that surfaced the internet as flu as soon as it was uploaded. The video with just 3 dot caption, was later removed from social media sites.
What is Ray Park Famous for?
- Famous for his role as Darth Maul in epic soap-opera film, "Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace".
Where was Ray Park Born?
Ray Park was born on August 23, 1974, in Glasgow, Scotland, England. His birth name is Raymond Park. His nationality is Scottish. Park belongs to White ethnicity while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
Ray was born and raised in a well-to-do family in his hometown until the age of 7, when his family moved to live in London, England. He was the eldest son of his family with 2 other younger siblings. His father was a big fan of Bruce Lee so, his father introduced him to martial arts.
At the age of seven, he started training in the traditional Chinese Northern Shaolin Kung fu. He also started to learn wushu at the age of 14. He became the champion in Great Britain's Martial Arts National Championship at the age of 16. He also participated in the 1st World Wushu Championships which was held in Beijing, China.
He also became the first Wushu athlete from Great Britain and Europe to be placed in the top seven in the world. Until the 1990s, he participated in many martial arts tournaments all over the world and won many titles.
Ray Park's Career Highlights
- Ray Park started his professional career with his debut as a stunt double for the film, "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" in 1997. He also did some cameos as monsters, including Baraka.
- Park got his breakthrough with his appearance as the Sith Lord Darth Maul in epic soap-opera film, "Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace" in 1999.
- Following his success from Star Wars, Park was cast in a cameo role in "Fanboys" as a Skywalker Ranch security guard.
- He has also been Christopher Walken's fight stunt double for the film, "Sleepy Hollow" in 1999.
- Park had his first speaking role as Toad in a superhero film, "X-Men" in 2000.
- In 2009, he played the role of Snake-Eyes in a military sci-fi film, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" and reprised the role on "G.I. Joe: Retaliation"(2013).
- He also worked with comic book creator-turned-filmmaker Kevin VanHook in the film, "Slayer".
- Park appeared as Edgar in the fourth season of the television series, "Heroes".
- He was also included in the motion capture team of the 2008 James Bond video game adaptation of "Quantum of Solace".
- He played the role of a soulless mercenary in the comic book-style film, "Hellbinders".
- Park narrated the introduction of "The FireBreather" on February 26, 2010, that appeared in his another horror-thriller film, "Jinn" in 2014.
- He guest-starred as the London Guardian, Brendan in the TV series, "Nikita" in 2011.
- In 2018, he reprised his role as Maul in space film, "Solo: A Star Wars Story". Later, in 2019, Park reprised his role as Maul for the final season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars".
Who is Ray Park's Wife?
Ray Park is a married man. Park is married to his beautiful wife named Lisa Park. The couple together has 2 children: a daughter, Sienna, and a son, Rokko. However, on July 24, 2020, with the release of their private activity involved video on Ray's Instagram, the internet surfaced everywhere accusing Park of engaging in revenge porn against his wife while others saying his account might have been hacked.
A day later, on July 25, 2020, his wife, Lisa took to Instagram to share a series of short statements in which she expressed disappointment about the allegations being spread about her and her husband and stated that all the rumors were false. She then posted a series of quotes about not allowing pettiness and drama to influence happiness.
Besides, from April 15, 2005, till April 17, Park attended the Wellington Armaggeddon Pulp Expo Convention in New Zealand as the special Star Wars guest.
What is the Net Worth of Ray Park?
Ray Park has quite good earnings from his profession as an actor and a stunt man as well. Having been in the field of action and acting for over 5 years, Park has managed to earn a healthy fortune. He has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
How Tall is Ray Park?
Ray Park is a huge man in his 40s. With his manly voice, giant body physique, his unique hairstyle, Park has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inches(1.75 m) while his body weighs around 98kg.
He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.
Trivias About Ray Park You Need To Know.
- Ray Park was a member of the British Wushu Team.
- Park started training in the traditional Chinese Northern Shaolin Kung fu at age of 7.
- Park holds a second-degree black belt in Wushu and came in second place at the 1995 world championships.
- On July 24, 2020, Park allegedly posted a personal video of himself involving in sexual activity with his wife, Lisa Park.