Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 10:20 am
Facts About Rebel Wilson
|Celebrated Name||Rebel Wilson|
|Age||43 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Rebel Wilson|
|Birth Name||Rebel Wilson|
|Profession||Actress , Writer , Producer|
|Place Of Birth||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Best Known For||Her role as Fat Amy in the series, "Pitch Perfect"|
|Sisters||Liberty and Annaleise|
|School||Tara Anglican School for Girls|
|University||University of New South Wales|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degrees|
|Net Worth||$17 million|
|Boyfriend||Jeff Beacher (Present)|
|Height||5 Feet 3 Inches|
|Body Measurement||44-43-49 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||40B|
|Debut Movie||Fat Pizza|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Pizza|
Rebel Wilson is an Australian actress, writer, and producer who is best known for her comedy roles among the people. Her role as Fat Amy in the musical comedy series, "Pitch Perfect", earned her several awards and nominations, including the MTV Best Breakthrough Performance Award and a Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress.
Wilson also appeared on the SBS comedy series, "Pizza" and the sketch comedy series, "The Wedge". Wilson was even named "Top Ten Comics to Watch in 2011".
What is Rebel Wilson Famous for?
- Famous as Becky in "Bachelorette".
- Best known for her role as Fat Amy in the musical comedy series, "Pitch Perfect".
When and Where was Rebel Wilson Born?
Rebel Wilson was born on March 2, 1980, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Her birth name is Melanie Elizabeth Bownds and real name is Rebel Melanie Elizabeth Wilson. Wilson's nationality is Australian. She belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is her zodiac sign.
Wilson is the daughter of Sue(mother) who is a professional dog handler. Wilson was raised around Kenthurst, Parramatta and Castle Hill along with her three siblings: two sisters Liberty and Annaleise and a brother, Ryot. Liberty and Ryot even appeared on the first season of "The Amazing Race Australia" in 2011.
Wilson attended Tara Anglican School for Girls and later completed her Higher School Certificate in 1997, including Food Technology. In 2009, Wilson graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law degree.
Her first career choice was always mathematics as she was very academic at high school and was always good with numbers however after she spoke about malaria-induced hallucinations she realized and convinced herself to pursue a career in acing.
In 2003, Wilson moved to New York to study at the Australian Theatre for Young People(ATYP) with an International Scholarship. She even got trained with "The Second City".
When Did Rebel Wilson Start Her Professional career?
- Wilson first appeared in public in 2002 with her stage musical, "The Westie Monologues", which she wrote, produced and starred herself.
- Then after she got her breakthrough role as Toula on the Special Broadcasting Service(SBS) comedy series, "Pizza" in 2003.
- Wilson made her first film debut through the film, "Fat Pizza" in 2003 which was based on the TV series, "Pizza".
- Wilson also appeared as Lucy, Fat Mandi and Karla Bangs on the sketch comedy series, "The Wedge" in 2006.
- Wilson starred in various series, "Telstra"(2004), "Monster House"(2006), "City Homicide"(2009) and "Rules of Engagement"(2010).
- In 2008, Wilson wrote, produced and starred in the musical comedy series, "Bogan Pride".
- Wilson even got the "Tropfest Best Actress award" for her role in the film, "Bargain" in 2009.
- Wilson later got signed to talent and literary agents, "William Morris Endeavor".
- In 2011, she did the film, "Bridesmaids". Wilson then appeared in the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement and on the Comedy Central series, Workaholics.
- Wilson then filmed "A Few Best Men at Fox Studios Australia"(2011) and "Small Apartments"(2012).
- Wilson was even named one of Variety magazine's "Top Ten Comics to Watch for 2011".
- In 2012, Wilson voiced a character in "Ice Age: Continental Drift" and also starred as Fat Amy in the musical comedy series, "Pitch Perfect".
- Wilson also appeared in films, "Bachelorette"(2012), "Struck by Lightning"(2012), "How to Be Single"(2016), "Grimsby"(2016).
- In 2013, Wilson appeared as Robin Peck in the comedy crime film, "Pain & Gain" and also in the American comedy show, "Super Fun Night".
- Wilson reprised her role as Fat Amy in the sequels "Pitch Perfect 2"(2015) and "Pitch Perfect 3"(2017).
- Wilson made her first West End debut as Miss Adelaide in the musical, "Guys and Dolls" in 2016.
- In 2018, Wilson appeared on the cover of Vogue Australia for the first time.
- In 2019, Wilson starred in the romantic comedy film, "Isn't It Romantic" and "The Hustle" alongside Anne Hathaway.
- Wilson will also host the dog styling competition, "Pooch Perfect" for Seven Network.
- Wilson will also appear in a remake of "Private Benjamin" and also in "Cats".
Is Rebel Wilson Married?
Rebel Wilson isn't married yet. Milson has been a relationship with a few guys. Wilson was in relationship with her co-star of "Bridesmaids", Matt Lucas. The couple first met on the same set and started dating since 2012.
However, they couldn't remain together and later in 2015 they broke up. Previously, she was even engaged to her ex-fiance, Jenny Craig. Later in February 2013, she confirmed to have her relationship ended. Currently, she is single.
At present, "Pitch Perfect" star, Rebel Wilson is happily in love relation with "Disney Princess", Ramona Agruma. Rebel Wilson debuted her new love to the world on Instagram Thursday (9th June 2022), where she shared a photo of herself and Agruma grinning side by side. She captured the post, "I thought I was searching for a Disney Prince… but maybe what I really needed all this time was a Disney Princess 💗🌈💗#loveislove." Ramona's new relationship comes after Wilson dated Jacob Busch, whom she split from in 2021. Wilson shared plenty of snaps with her girlfriend on social media, and took Agruma to the Vanity Fair Oscars Party in March. Wison told the magazine she was set up "through a friend," explaining, "We spoke on the phone for weeks before meeting. And that was a really good way to get to know each other. It was a bit old-school in that sense — very romantic." She continued, "I think going through the process of finding more self-worth, I think that what you want in a partner is elevated and so it's great to have someone who feels like an equal partner and be in a healthy relationship. There were times — I'm not saying with all my exes, they're great — but there were some times that I was probably putting up with that I shouldn't have. So it feels different to be in a really healthy relationship." Her girlfriend, Ramona Agruma works in the fashion industry and she is the founder of Los Angeles-based fashion brand Lemon Ve Limon, an LA-based clothing brand with a focus on comfort and sustainability. According to Agruma's LinkedIn, she has held the position since 2021. "Our mission is to bring you that famous LA sunshine-swag with a focus on environmentally friendly manufacture, fabulous fit and fabric quality," the company said on their website. The brand's website says Lemon Ve Limon's clothes are manufactured in Turkey. They also attended the Vanity Fair Oscar party together in March this year and shared photos from the night. The designer has appeared on the actress' Instagram account numerous times, like when they attended a Los Angeles Rams game together in January and when they roasted marshmallows in April.
Is Rebel Wilson A Millionaire?
Rebel Wilson has a well earning through her career as an actor and producer. Considering all the hard works and time that Wilson has put on her career, she has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through her several movies and TV shows. Wilson enjoys her fortune which is estimated to be $17 million.
With the fortune in million dollars, Wilson has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Wilson paid around $3.75 million for her Sydney harbourside home in 2014. Further, she also settled on a Balmain investment apartment, a conversion of a historic mansion for which she paid $1.88 million off the plan in 2015 for the two-bedroom apartment.
How Tall is Rebel Wilson?
Rebel Wilson has an average body physique. Wilson stands tall with a height of 5 Feet 3 Inches. Wilson has a heavy body as her body weighs around 256 lbs. Rebel has a body measurement of 44-43-49 inches with 40 B as her bra size, 8(US) as her shoe size and 26(US) as her dress size.
Wilson is a beautiful lady with blonde hair and hazel eyes.
Trivias About Rebel Wilson You Need To Know.
- Wilson's great-aunt was Lillian Bounds, who was married to Walt Disney.
- Wilson was even named one of Variety magazine's "Top Ten Comics to Watch for 2011".
- Wilson appeared on the cover of Vogue Australia for the first time in 2018.
- Wilson got the "Tropfest Best Actress award" for her role in the film, "Bargain" in 2009.