Facts About Ree Drummond
|Celebrated Name||Ree Drummond|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ree Drummond|
|Birth Name||Ann Marie Smith|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Bartlesville, Oklahoma|
|Father||"Bill" William Dale Smith|
|Brothers||Doug and Mike|
|School||Bartlesville High School|
|University||University of South California|
|Education||Degree in Gerontology|
|Married Date||September 21, 1996|
|Children||Alex, Paige, Bryce, Jamar and Todd|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Body Measurement||39-28-38 inches|
|Famous For||Famous as an American blogger, author, food writer, photographer, and TV personality|
|Best Known For||Known for her blog "The Pioneer Woman"|
Ree Drummond is an American blogger, author, food writer, photographer, and TV personality who is best known for her blog "The Pioneer Woman" which is highly popular for its visually descriptive recipes and high-quality photography. Ree launched her blog in 2006 to chronicle her daily life as a ranch wife and mother. Later, she started posting recipes with sophisticated food photography in tow in her blog.
Her blog has won the ‘Weblog of the Year' accolades at the ‘Annual Weblog Awards' in 2009, 2010, and 2011. She also was ranked No. 22 on Forbes' Top 25 Web Celebrities list in February 2010. She has also hosted her own cooking show, "The Pioneer Woman" since its premiere on August 27, 2011. It airs on the Food Network.
She has made her appearances in several TV shows including "Good Morning America", "Today Show", "The View", "The Chew", and "The Bonnie Hunt Show". She is a well-established author who has written several cookbooks, a children's book, and an autobiography. She has also started a website called "TastyKitchen.com" which was created as a location for her food-loving followers to quickly contribute, search for, and print recipes.
Besides, Ree is active in the social media platform with around 3.8 million followers on her verified Instagram account: @thepioneerwoman and around 1.2 million followers on her verified Twitter account: @thepioneerwoman
What is Ree Drummond famous for?
- Famous as an American blogger, author, food writer, photographer, and TV personality
- Known for her blog "The Pioneer Woman"
Where is Ree Drummond from?
Ree Drummond was born on January 6, 1969, in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United States. Her birth name is Anne Marie Smith. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
She was born as the daughter of "Bill" William Dale Smith(father) and Geree Schwert(mother). Her father is an orthopedic surgeon. Her parents later got divorced and her father got married to his second wife, Patsy. She has two older brothers, Doug and Mike. Betsy is her younger sister. Ree was raised Episcopalian in a home overlooking the grounds of a country club in the oil town of Bartlesville, Oklahoma along with her siblings.
Since her childhood, she had a keen interest in cooking being inspired by her mother and she always tried making new recipes. She did her schooling at Bartlesville High School. After graduating from high school in 1987, she moved to Los Angeles, California where she attended the University of South California.
While enrolling at the university, she initially studied journalism but later decided to study gerontology and got graduated in 1991. She had planned to relocate to Chicago to pursue her law degree, but after meeting and falling in love with her future husband, Ladd Drummond, she changed her mind and returned to Oklahoma.
Ree Drummond Career: Highlights
- Ree Drummond started her career as a blogger in May 2006, using the Typepad blogging service and the subdomain "pioneerwoman.typepad.com."
- Then on October 18, 2006, she registered her own domain, thepioneerwoman.com, and started a blog named "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman" which she later named "The Pioneer Woman".
- She covers a wide range of topics in her writing in her blog especially about topics such as ranch life and homeschooling.
- In 2007, she posted her first cooking blog "How to Cook a Steak" with a well-detailed recipe and 20 photographs that explained the cooking process in "ridiculous detail" as she describes it.
- With her content about her daily life, family, and food recipes alongside elaborate food photography, her blog received great support from readers, making the blog receive 13 million page views per month.
- Her blog has also won the ‘Weblog of the Year' accolades at the ‘Annual Weblog Awards' in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- Her blog "Pioneer Woman" also was named on Time magazine's "25 Best Blogs" in the world in 2009. Her blog also has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, and Business Week.
- In April 2008, she held a contest in the food section of her blog "The Pioneer Woman," asking readers to submit one of their favorite recipes. In less than 24 hours, more than 5,000 recipes were submitted.
- On July 14, 2009, she created "TastyKitchen.com," a free online community website with the tagline "Favorite Recipes from Real Kitchens Everywhere!". It was created as a location for her food-loving followers to quickly contribute, search for, and print recipes.
- "TastyKitchen.com" has quickly become a favorite among food bloggers, as it allows them to link their recipes to posts on their own site.
- Besides being a blogger, she is a well-established author.
- She has written several books including "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl", "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels", "Charlie the Ranch Dog", "The Pioneer Woman Cooks Food from My Frontier", "Charlie and the Christmas Kitty", "Charlie and the New Baby" and "Little Ree" among others.
- She also revealed in the media on March 19, 2010, that Columbia Pictures has purchased the film rights to her book "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels".
- Through her tremendous success in her blog, she made her first TV appearance on an episode of the Food Television network program "Throwdown! with Bobby Flay" which premiered on November 17, 2010.
- She has made her appearances in several TV shows including "Good Morning America", "Today Show", "The View", "The Chew", and "The Bonnie Hunt Show".
- Ree also has been hosting her own cooking show "The Pioneer Woman" since August 27, 2011, which airs on the Food Network.
Ree Drummond Awards
- 2007 Best Kept Secret Weblog for "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman"
- 2008 Best Food Weblog for "The Pioneer Woman Cooks"
- 2008 Best Writing of a Weblog for "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman"
- 2009 Weblog of the Year for "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman"
- 2009 Best Designed Weblog for "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman"
- 2009 Best Photography of a Weblog for "Pioneer Woman Photography"
- 2010 Weblog of the Year for "The Pioneer Woman"
- 2010 Best Writing of a Weblog for "The Pioneer Woman"
- 2010 Best Designed Weblog for "The Pioneer Woman"
Ree Drummond Husband
Ree Drummond is a married woman. She is married to her only husband, Ladd Drummond. Ladd is a fourth-generation member of a prominent Osage County cattle ranching family who operates a private family held-company "Drummond Land & Cattle Co". In her Instagram bio, she proudly explains herself as the wife of the cowboy. In her blog, she calls Ladd "the Marlboro Man". The couple tied the knot on September 21, 1996, and went to Australia for their honeymoon.
The couple is blessed with five children: Alex, Paige, Bryce, Jamar, and Todd. Alex and her husband Mauricio Scott are graduates of Texas A&M University, Paige is enrolling at the University of Arkansas, Bryce studies and plays football at the University of North Texas. Similarly, their foster son, Jamar is a student and football player at the University of Central Oklahoma. Ree along with her family resides on a remote working cattle ranch approximately 8 miles west of Pawhuska, Oklahoma.
The Drummonds built The Mercantile, a restaurant, and retail business in downtown Pawhuska, in late 2016, after purchasing and restoring a 100-year-old property in 2012. Also in 2018, they opened "The Boarding House," a bed and breakfast in downtown Pawhuska, as well as "P-Town Pizza," a pizzeria. They also won "Charlie's Sweet Shop", an ice cream and candy shop which they opened in 2020.
Ree Drummond Net Worth
Ree Drummond has quite good earnings from her professional career as a blogger, author, food writer, photographer, and TV personality. Having her career started in 2006, she has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the best bloggers in the world. From her blog "The Pioneer Woman", she makes million dollars or more per year from display (advertisement) income alone. In addition to that, she and her husband, Ladd are the 23rd largest landowners in the US. Including all of her earnings, Ree has an estimated net worth of $50 million as of 2021.
Ree Drummond Height
Ree Drummond is a gorgeous woman with a well-maintained body physique in her early 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 9inches(1.75m) while her body weighs around 69kg(152 lbs). She has a body measurement of 39-28-38 inches. She has a fair complexion with brown eyes and red hair.
Trivias About Ree Drummond You Need To Know.
- Ree started her career in 2006.
- She loves butter.
- She makes million dollars or more per year from display (advertisement) income alone through her blog.
- She also was ranked No. 22 on Forbes' Top 25 Web Celebrities list in February 2010.