Rick Porcello - Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, Current Team, Contract, Salary, Trade, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Parents, Wife, Girlfriend, Mlb
Rick Porcello is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Boston Red Sox of Major League Baseball. Previously, he played for the Detroit Tigers. He was drafted 27th overall in the first round of the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft by the Tigers. He won several awards in 2016 that includes AL Cy Young Award, AL wins leader, and AL Comeback Player of the Year. Let's know more about him and his career through this article.
What is Rick Porcello famous for?
- An American professional MLB player.
- Winner of several awards in 2016 that includes AL Cy Young Award, AL wins leader and AL Comeback Player of the Year.
Where is Rick Porcello born?
Recalling his early life, Rick was born in Morristown, New Jersey, United States. His birth name is Frederick Alfred Porcello III. He holds the citizenship of the United States of America. He is the son of Patricia Porcello and Frederick Porcello. Similarly, He has two brothers Zach and Jake.
Concerning his education, He attended Seton Hall Preparatory School in West Orange, New Jersey and graduated in 2007. He has shown his excellence throughout his high school career. After graduating from high school, he attended the University of North Carolina. However, he later quit his education to pursue his career in Major League Baseball.
When did Rick Porcello begin to start playing baseball?
- Moving towards his career, Rick was drafted 27th overall by Detroit Tigers in the 2007 MLB Draft. He then signed a 4-year contract with two one-year options worth $7.28 million which made him the highest-paid high schooler ever.
- He later turned professional in 2009 and started his professional career with Detroit Tigers. He played with the team from the year 2009 to 2014. He started in 31 games for the Tigers, pitching 182 innings (his career-high for a season, through 2013) and accumulating a 14-9 record, 104 strikeouts and a 4.75 ERA.
- On December 11th, 2014, he was traded to Boston Red Sox in exchange for Yoenis Céspedes, Alex Wilson, and Gabe Speier. He agreed on a 4-year contract worth $82.5 million, including a $500,000 signing bonus. He has been playing for the team since 2015.
- In 2016, He won the 2016 American League Cy Young Award in a unique fashion. He became the first pitcher in American League history to win the award despite not receiving the most first-place votes from the BBWAA.
- In 2017, He struggled the ensuing season after winning the Cy Young Award the previous season, finishing with a career-high 17 losses. He also gave up 38 home runs, more than any other major league pitcher. He struck out 181 batters in 203 1⁄3 innings.
- In 2018, He was Boston's starting pitcher in Game 3, getting a no-decision in an extra-innings loss. The Red Sox went on to win the series in five games, giving his first career championship title.
- In 2019, He again began the season in Boston's starting rotation. Through the end of April, he had a 2-3 record with 5.52 ERA. Porcello's struggles continued as he pitched a career-worst game in the MLB London Series in late June against the Yankees, where he allowed six runs while only recording one out.
- At the end of the first half, He had a 5.37 ERA. For the season, he made 32 appearances (all starts) compiling a 14-12 record with 143 strikeouts in 174 1⁄3 innings with a 5.52 ERA (the highest ERA in the major leagues). He became a free agent on October 31.
Is Rick Porcello dating someone?
Reflecting on his personal life, Rick was popular and successful throughout his college days, so he might be in an affair with several ones. As he has maintains a very low profile and Wiki also unable to provide any info about his personal life. It looks like he is not a married man. He does not have any spouse and he never went through the process of divorce and nor he adopted any child. He might be single and looking for a perfect pair to get settled with or maybe serious for his career at present.
How much net worth does Rick Porcello?
Being an MLB player, Rick's current annual salary is $21.12 million. He is under a 4-year contract worth of 82.5 million. He has so far made the career earnings of $99.52 million from salary and bonus in his 12 years MLB career. Besides, he has been fined $311,474 in his professional career so far.
How tall is Rick Porcello?
Observing his body statistics, Rick stands a height of 6 feet 6 inches and weighs around 91 Kg. Similarly, He has an athletic body build with light brown eyes and brown hair color. Further, her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.