Facts About Rita Wilson
|Celebrated Name||Rita Wilson|
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Margarita Ibrahimoff|
|Place Of Birth||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Famous For||Actress, Producer, Singer, Songwriter|
|High School||London Academy|
|Married Date||April 30, 1988|
|Father||Hassan Halilov Ibrahimoff|
|Siblings||Lily Wilson and Chris Wilson|
|Net Worth||$100 Million|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Body Measurement||34-26-36 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Rita Wilson is an American actress, singer, producer as well as songwriter who is famous for her work. Moreover, she is well-known in the entertainment industry as the wife of Tom Hanks, a world-class actor. While visiting Australia for the per-production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley movie from Warner Bros, Rita, along with her husband, was tested positive with corona-virus. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Rita Wilson famous for?
- An American actress, singer, songwriter, and producer.
When was Rita Wilson born?
Recalling her early life, Rita's birth name is Margarita Ibrahimoff, born to mother Dorothea, who was a Greek and raised in Albania. While her father, Hassan Halilov Ibrahimoff, was a Bulgarian Muslim, raised in Greece. Her father later moved to the US and changed his religion. Moreover, her father was a Muslim who converted to Christianity. She was raised along with her siblings. Her sister is Lily Wilson and has a brother Chris Wilson.
Where is Rita Wilson educated?
Concerning her education details, Rita completed her school from Hollywood High School. Later she joined The Groundlings Theatre & School as well as the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art-LAMDA.
When did Rita Wilson begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Rita debuted her career with a guest appearance on The Brandy Bunch in the 1972 episode Greg's Triangle in which she played the role of Pat Conway.
- She made her appearance twice on M*A*S*H in 1982 as well as the sitcoms Three's Company and Bosom Buddies starring Tom Hanks.
- Her other movies include Volunteers, Teen Witch, Barbarians at the Gate, The Bonfire of the Vanities, That Thing You Do!, Jingle All the Way, Runway Bride, Mixed Nuts, Invisible Child, The Story of Us, Raise Your Voice, It's Complicated, Sleepless in Seattle, Now and Then, and Larry Crowne.
- Her television series include Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Good Wife, Body of Proof, and Girls. She performed the role of Roxie Hart in the revival of Chicago from June to August 2006.
- She produced Nia Vardalos's movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and co-produced a sequel, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and had a supporting role, which was released in 2016.
- She debuted her singing from her solo album AM/FM which was released on May 8th, 2012, on the Decca Records label. There was include a cover of Wichita Lineman in which she performed with the song's writer-composer, Jimmy Webb.
- She returned to Larry David's Fish in the Dark Broadway show after a month. She is also a member of the Greek Orthodox Church. She signed an open letter in 2015 which was addressed to Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Former South African Minister of Health urging them to focus on women empowerment.
- Also, in 2018, Her original song, “Heart Unknown”, was used in the indie film, Simple Wedding. She performed the song, which was co-written by Wilson along with Josh Alexander, Kara Dioguardi, and Mozella.
- On March 29th, 2019, She released her fourth album, Halfway to Home which included Throw Me a Party, a song inspired by her survival from breast cancer.
- On March 12th, 2020, Hanks announced through his Instagram profile that the couple had contracted COVID-19 and were experiencing minor symptoms while he was shooting an upcoming film Elvis (as Colonel Tom Parker) with director Baz Luhrmann in Australia. They were admitted to the Gold Coast University Hospital.
Who is Rita Wilson married to?
After being in a relationship and months of dating, Rita married the love of her life. Her husband, Tom Hanks, is an American actor and film producer. Together the couple has two sons, Chester and Truman. Apart from her sons, she has two stepchildren, Colin and Elizabeth Hanks, and three grandchildren. Nevertheless, the pair is growing keen on their relationship and pursuing their prosperous life.
She, along with her husband was tested positive on a pandemic virus, Corona. The pair was in Australia due to the shooting of their upcoming movies. Both of them are admitted to the Gold Coast University Hospital.
What is Rita Wilson's worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Rita earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession as an actress and singer. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $100 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rita Wilson?
Observing her body physics, Rita stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 72 kg. Similarly, She has an average body with a pair of blue eyes and lights brown hair color. Further, her body measures 34-26-36 inches. Her bra size is 34C and she used 6 (US) dress sizes.
Trivias About Rita Wilson You Need To Know.
- Her niece, Carly Reeves, appears on-screen with her in the movie Raise Your Voice (2004) starring Hilary Duff.
- Her niece, Kristen Reeves, is an entertainment reporter for Orange County TV.
- Won a Los Angeles Drama-Logue Award for Best Actress for her stage performance in "As You Like It".
- Made her Broadway debut as a Roxie Hart replacement in "Chicago".