Robert Peston - Bio, Net Worth, Career, News, Education, Books, Married, Wife, Salary, Child, Height, Parent, Nationality, Ethnicity, Age, Facts, Wiki
Robert James Kenneth Peston famed as Robert Peston is a famous British Journalist, Presenter as well as the founder of the education charity Speakers for Schools. Moreover, he is also the Political Editor of ITV News as well as the host of the weekly political discussion show "Peston". He was also the Business Editor for BBC News as well as the Economics Editor from March 2014 till November 2015.
Robert Peston: Was the government right to restrict coronavirus testing?
When the government announced that anyone with a cough or a temperature had to stay home for a week, that was framed by the chief medical officer and the chief scientific adviser as a policy designed to slow the peak of the coming coronavirus epidemic. The government has little precise data on where the virus is, and whether there are burgeoning hot-spots that should be ring-fenced and cut off from the rest of the country, to delay its spread. His argument is that the only countries in the world that have significantly reduced the rate of increase of infection - China, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong - have done so by mass testing of potential sufferers and coerced isolation of those infected. He repeatedly cites the WHO's owns orthodoxy in praise of this approach. So the question that I have repeatedly put to ministers and officials is why we have rejected this strategy. And I have not had a compelling answer.
Who are the Parents of Robert Peston?
Robert Peston was born as Robert James Kenneth Peston on 25th April 1960 in England. He is from a Jewish family and is the son of the late Lord Peston, an economist and Labour life peer, and Helen Conroy. As the son of a life baron, he is entitled to the courtesy title ‘The Honourable’ but does not use it. He celebrated his 59th birthday with his friends, He also has a sister named Juliet. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is White.
As per his education, he attended Highgate Wood Secondary School, in Crouch End, North London and then graduated from Balliol College, Oxford. He then studied at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
How Robert Peston pursue his career?
- Robert Peston firstly started working as a stockbroker at Williams de Broe, becoming a journalist in the year 1983 at the Investors Chronicle and then joined The Independent newspaper in 1986.
- He then worked for the Sunday Correspondent from the year 1989 to 1990.
- He later appoints City Editor of the Independent on Sunday in the year 1990.
- He then worked for the Financial Times from the year 1991 to 2000.
- His last position at the FT was Financial Editor.
- He became editorial director of the online financial analysis service Quest in the year 2000.
- He became a contributing editor of The Spectator and a weekly columnist for The Daily Telegraph.
- He then switched to Sunday Times in the year 2001.
- In 2002, he joined The Sunday Telegraph and became an associate editor in the year 2005.
- He then appeared as a witness at the House of Commons Treasury Select Committee, along with Alex Brummer, Lionel Barber and more.
- He is also the founder of Speakers for Schools, a Pro-bono education venture.
- He was appointed Economics Editor of BBC News on 17th October 2013 by replacing Stephanie Flanders.
- He lastly made his BBC News on 25th November 2015 and his first appearance on ITV's News At Ten on 11th January 2016.
- He presents ITV's new weekly political discussion show, Peston on Sunday which started on 8th May 2016.
- He was condemned for incorrectly tweeting, without verification in 2019 that a Labour activist had punched a Conservative Party adviser.
- The footage was soon released showing this was not true, he then later apologized for his remarks and retracted them.
- Regarding his awards, he won the Harold Wincott Senior Financial Journalist of the Year Award (2005), the London Press Club's Scoop of the Year Award (2005), Granada Television's What the Papers Say award for Investigative Journalist of the Year (1994) and the Wincott Young Financial Journalist of the Year (1986) and many more.
- In January 2005, he published his biography of Gordon Brown, "Brown's Britain".
- Hodder & Stoughton published his book Who Runs Britain? How the Super-Rich are Changing our Lives in February 2008.
- Hodder & Stoughton published How Do We Fix This Mess? The Economic Price of Having it All and the Route to Lasting Prosperity. The Observer described it as "A must read...mandatory reading for anyone who wants to have a voice in where we go from here" in September 2012.
- Hodder & Stoughton's latest book WTF? was published in November 2017.
Who is the Wife of Robert Peston?
Robert Peston's marital status is married. He married the writer Sian Busby in the year 1998 with whom he had a son whose name is Maximilian. The duo knew each other since their teenage. Regarding the affairs of Busby, she was a married woman and has been divorced from Kees Ryninks. Sian Busby died in September 2012 due to Lung Cancer. As of now, he is living in Muswell Hill. After a domestic burglary in December 2012, Peston made an appeal for the return of rings that had belonged to his late wife. Peston said: "It's an incredibly distressing time, especially so soon after losing Sian. It's not about the monetary value, it's about the sentimental value. The rings are irreplaceable and they mean a lot to me." He said that he was now in a relationship with Charlotte Edwardes, the diary editor of London's Evening Standard. There is no more information about their love life. He is living a happy life as of now. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Robert Peston?
The net worth of this famous journalist will be surely in millions whereas there is no exact information regarding his net worth. His salary is believed to have $750K per annum. His major source of earning is from his journalism career and he is satisfied with whatever he is receiving as of now.
How tall is Robert Peston?
Robert Peston is a very handsome person with black eye color and light grey hair color. He has got a perfect height matching with his body weight. His body build s slim. His other body measurements such as height, weight, and other body information will be added soon once we get information about it. As of now, he has got a healthy body. His body build is slim.
Trivias About Robert Peston You Need To Know.
- He is the Political Editor of ITV News as well as the host of the weekly political discussion show "Peston".
- He was also the Business Editor for BBC News as well as the Economics Editor from March 2014 till November 2015.
- He is from a Jewish family.