Robert Williams III - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Age, Facts, Career
Robert Williams III is an American professional basketball player. He plays as a power forward for the NBA team, Boston Celtics. The Celtics drafted him in the first round of the 2018 NBA Draft.
Williams played college basketball for the Texas A&M Aggies where he was named SEC Defensive Player of the Year twice.
What is Robert Williams III Famous For?
- Two times SEC Defensive Player of the Year.
Where is Robert Williams III From?
Robert Williams III was born on 17 October 1997. His birth name is Robert Lee Williams III. His birth place is in Shreveport, Louisiana in the United States. He holds American nationality. He belongs to the African-American ethnicity and his religion in Religion. Her zodiac sign is Libra. He was born to his father, Robert William and his mother, Tundra Williams. He has a sister named Brittanni.
Regarding his educational background, he attended North Caddo High School in Vivian, Louisiana where he played basketball. He was a consensus four-star recruit and ranked 50th overall in ESPN's Top 100 for the class of 2016. He was the number one prospect in the state of Louisiana. After completing high school, he committed to Texas A&M University.
He averaged 11.9 points and a team-high 8.2 rebounds per game as a freshman. His performance earned him SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He also earned 2nd Team All-SEC honors. He was credited as a potential first-round lottery player, but he decided to forgo the 2017 NBA draft and stay for another season at college. He averaged 10.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game in his sophomore. Texas A&M lost in the 2018 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and Williams announced to forgo his final two years of collegiate eligibility and declared for the 2018 NBA Draft.
Robert Williams III NBA Career
- Robert Williams III was selected in the first round of the 2018 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics.
- He signed a rookie contract with the Celtics on 5 July 2018.
- However, Williams' early impression was not satisfactory as expected. His reputation for missing flights, showing up late and missing team functions caused him to earn the moniker "Timelord" on online Boston Celtics fandoms.
- He made his NBA debut against Orlando Magic on 23 October 2018. He played 4 minutes in the game.
- He was assigned to the Maine Red Claws in November.
- Throughout November and December, he split his time between the G League and the NBA.
- He became a frequent Celtics player following an injury to Al Horford.
- He averaged 2.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 0.2 assists per game in 32 games in his rookie season.
- He averaged 5.2 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game in 29 games in the 2019-20 season.
- He averaged 8.0 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game in 52 games in the 2020-21 season.
- He suffered a turf toe injury during the 2021 NBA playoffs against Brooklyn Nets. Celtics lost the playoffs 4-1.
- He recorded his first career triple-double on 31 December 2021 scoring 10 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists in a 123-108 win over the Phoenix Suns.
- He suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee in March 2022 and had to undergo surgery. He was ruled out for at least 4 to 6 weeks.
- He averaged 10.0 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 2.0 assists in 61 games and 61 starts in the 2021-22 season.
Who is Robert Williams III Wife?
Robert Williams III is not married. He maintains a private life regarding relationships, dating, and girlfriends. More details about his personal life will be updated here. He has a daughter named Ava and a son named Hendrix.
What is Robert Williams III Height?
Robert Williams III stands at the height of 2.06 m i.e. 6 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a body weight of 237 lbs i.e. 108 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Robert Williams III Salary and Net Worth?
Robert Williams III earns from his professional career as a basketball player. His income comes from contracts, salary, endorsements, and sponsorships. He has a four-year contract worth $9.3 million with the Boston Celtics. He has an annual salary of around $2.3 million. His net worth is estimated at around $1 million.
Trivias About Robert Williams III You Need To Know.
- He was a potential lottery pick for the 2017 NBA draft and 2018 NBA draft.
- He was selected seventh overall in the 2018 NBA Draft.
- He set a team playoff record for blocks (9) in a game during the 2021 NBA playoffs Game 1 of the first round against the Brooklyn Nets.
- He earned Second-team All-SEC and SEC All-Freshman Team honors in 2017.
- He was also named to SEC All-Defensive Team in 2017 and 2018.
- He revealed in 2018 that he has popliteal artery entrapment syndrome (PAES) in both legs.
- He earned NBA All-Defensive Second Team honors in 2022.