Facts About Robin Lopez
|35 Years Old
|Net Ball Player
|Place Of Birth
|North Hollywood, California, the U.S.
|Heriberto Lopez (father)
|Deborah Ledford (mother)
|San Joaquin Memorial High School
|Source of Wealth
|$12.65 million per year
|7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)
|281 lb (127 kg)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Robin Byron Lopez, excellently known as Robin Lopez is an American professional basketball player for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He spent the first four years of his NBA career with the Phoenix Suns, then played for the New Orleans Hornets, Portland Trail Blazers, and the New York Knicks before being signed to the Chicago Bulls in 2016. He was a 2006 McDonald's All-American at San Joaquin Memorial and he went on to play two years of college basketball at Stanford, where he was a Pac-10 All-Defensive Team selection as a sophomore. Lopez had one of his best seasons with Portland in 2013-2014, when he averaged 11.1 points per game, to go along with 8.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks. Additionally, Lopez signed with the Orlando Magic on 6th August 2021.
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- For playing for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Where is Robin Lopez from?
Robin Lopez stepped for the very first time into the world on 1st April 1988 in North Hollywood, California, the U.S. He took birth with the real name of Robin Byron Lopez in the Christian religious family. He is American by nationality and mixed by ethnicity. Robin's present age is 33 which he celebrated recently in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Aries. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of Heriberto Lopez (father), a Cuban baseball player, and Deborah Ledford (mother), a swimmer. He has three brothers: Chris, Alex, and twin brother Brook. Alex played college basketball for Washington and Santa Clara, and professionally in Japan, New Zealand, and Spain, while Brook also plays in the NBA for the Milwaukee Bucks. He is younger than his twin brother Brook by one minute.
Regarding Robin's education, he attended San Joaquin Memorial High School in Fresno, California, where he was named a McDonald's All-American in 2006.
What does Robin Lopez do for a living?
- Robin Lopez jumps off his career being one of just three players for the Cardinal team to start all 31 games in the 2006-2007 season where he averaged 7.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game while averaging 24 minutes.
- He led the team with 73 blocked shots, breaking the Stanford record for a freshman and recording the second-highest single-season record in Stanford history.
- With his twin brother, Brook, the two blocked more shots than seven Pac-10 teams. Lopez also had two double-doubles on the season.
- On 19th December 2007, he had his 100th career block in a game versus Santa Clara University, and in his sophomore season, Lopez achieved All-Pac-10 Defensive Team honors while also being named an Honorable Mention to the All-Pac-10 team. He was second in the Pac-10 in blocks for the season.
- He later declared that he would enter the 2008 NBA draft on 31st March 2008 after just two seasons at Stanford.
- Robin was selected with the 15th overall pick by the Phoenix Suns in the 2008 NBA draft where he got the first start of his career on 7th November 2008, against the Chicago Bulls in place of the injured O'Neal; he played 30 minutes, scored 14 points, grabbed 7 rebounds and had 2 blocks.
- He averaged 8.4 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 1.0 blocks per game during the 2009-2010 regular season and during the end of the season, however, Lopez was injured and was replaced by Jarron Collins until the Western Conference Finals against the Los Angeles Lakers, where the Suns eventually lost, 4 games to 2.
- Lopez wouldn't even produce a single start for the Suns in the shortened 2011-2012 NBA season. Because of Gortat's increased production at the center, Lopez was forced to become a backup center once again. He averaged 5.4 points with an average of 14 minutes per game there.
New Orleans Hornets
- The New Orleans Hornets acquired Lopez in a sign-and-trade from the Phoenix Suns on 27th July 2012 which was during this time that Lopez would produce his best results yet, starting for every game of the season and gaining new career highs in almost every field in the process.
Portland Trail Blazers
- New Orleans traded Lopez to the Portland Trail Blazers as a part of a three-way trade that also involved the Sacramento Kings on 10th July 2013.
- He recorded 29 double-doubles and set the franchise single-season record for offensive rebounds in his first season with the Trail Blazers.
- On 16th December 2014, Lopez was ruled out for a month after breaking his hand against San Antonio the night before.
New York Knicks
- Lopez signed with the New York Knicks on 9th July 2015 where he had two 26-point, 16-rebound games, both season highs in February 2016.
- On 20th March 2016, he recorded 23 points and a career-high 20 rebounds in an 88-80 loss to the Sacramento Kings.
- On 22nd June 2016, Robin was traded, along with Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant, to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday, and a 2017 second-round draft pick.
- He scored a season-high 25 points in a 112-107 loss to the Washington Wizards on 17th March 2017.
- Lopez signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, putting him on the same NBA team as his brother on 12th July 2019.
- Robin signed with the Washington Wizards on 22nd November 2020.
- On 6th August 2021, Lopez signed with the Orlando Magic.
Awards and Achievements
- Pac-10 All-Defensive Team (2008)
- Third-team Parade All-American (2006)
- McDonald's All-American (2006)
Who is Robin Lopez Dating?
Robin Lopez is an unmarried man who has a quite long dating history. Talking about his current affair, he is dating beautiful women Christine Vargas. The couple seems happy and they are having a great time together. The pair seems to be involved in various activities and are exceptionally comfortable around one another. Talking about Robin's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Robin Lopez?
Robin Lopez is a versatile basketball player who has a net worth of $26 million as of 2021. He has also a fine amount of salary which is around $12.65 million per year. He has earned this massive wealth from his NBA career and multiple endorsement deals. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. In addition, his major source of income is his basketball career.
How tall is Robin Lopez?
Robin Lopez is 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) tall and his body weighs around 281 lb (127 kg). He has good-looking brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His body build type is athletic. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women.
Robin Lopez NBA world celebrate Halloween with epic costumes
It would be difficult to dethrone Robin Lopez as the costume champion from the Halloween edition of 2021. Along with his girlfriend Christine Vargas, the Orlando Magic center dressed up as 'Batman and Penguin'. Lopez's costume even got reactions from former and current NBA players like Channing Frye and Kevin Durant respectively.
Trivias About Robin Lopez You Need To Know.
- Robin was a 2006 McDonald's All-American at San Joaquin Memorial and he went on to play two years of college basketball at Stanford, where he was a Pac-10 All-Defensive Team selection as a sophomore.
- He had one of his best seasons with Portland in 2013-14, when he averaged 11.1 points per game, to go along with 8.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks.
- He played alongside Point Guard Steve Nash for the Phoenix Suns from 2008 to 2012.
- Lopez is an avid comic book enthusiast and also participated in theater productions at Stanford in California.
- Robin is younger than his twin brother Brook by one minute.