Ron Howard Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Married, Wife, Children, Parents, Sibling, Award, Nationality, Height, Facts, Career, TV Shows, Salary, Wiki
Ronald William Howard is an American film director, producer, and actor who is professionally known as Ron Howard. He first became known as Andy Griffith's son Opie on "The Andy Griffith Show" and also played teenager Richie Cunningham on "Happy Days". His 2001 film "A Beautiful Mind" received the Academy Award for Best Picture and earned Howard the Academy Award for Best Director. He was previously serving three years in the United States Air Force at the time of Ron's birth. He also directed the films "Apollo 13" and Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". Ron also served as executive producer and narrator on the popular comedy series "Arrested Development". He and producer Brian Grazer co-founded the movie and TV production company Imagine Entertainment in 1986. Ron has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to the television and motion pictures industries. Additionally, he starred in the documentary film named "Paper & Glue" in 2021 whereas he has also produced the series "Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" in 2021.
- Being an American film director, producer, and actor.
- For starring in several television series, including an episode of "The Twilight Zone".
What is Ron Howard Real Name?
Ron Howard was born on 1st March 1954 with the real name of Ronald William Howard in Duncan, Oklahoma, the U.S. He holds American nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background as he has German, English, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch ancestry. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Ron has celebrated his 67th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. He is the elder son of his mother, Jean Speegle Howard (1927-2000), an actress, and his father, Rance Howard (1928-2017), a director, writer, and actor. He has one sibling a brother named Clint Howard. His father was born with the surname "Beckenholdt" and took the stage name "Howard" in 1948 for his acting career.
When it comes to Don's education, he graduated from John Burroughs High School. He later attended the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts but did not graduate.
What does Ron Howard do for a living?
- Ron Howard conceived his career starring in "The Journey" in 1959 after which he appeared in June Allyson's CBS anthology series "The DuPont Show with June Allyson" in the episode "Child Lost"; in "The Twilight Zone" episode "Walking Distance".
- He was cast as Opie Taylor in "The Andy Griffith Show" in 1960 and he was also seen as Winthrop Paroo in the 1962 film version of "The Music Man".
- He starred as Barry Stewart on "The Eleventh Hour" in 1965. Similarly, he has appeared in several films and TV series such as "I Spy", "The Bold Ones", "American Graffiti", "The Waltons", and many others.
- He appeared in the series "Happy Days" however he left the "Happy Days" to become a film director just before the start of its eighth season in 1980 but returned for guest appearances in later seasons.
- Ron made his directing debut with the 1977 low-budget comedy/action film "Grand Theft Auto" whereas his big directorial break came in 1982, with "Night Shift".
- He also directed a number of major films, including the fantasy romantic comedy "Splash" (1984), "Cocoon" (1985), "Willow", and many others whereas his final work as a director for the 1980s was the family comedy film "Parenthood" (1989).
- He continued directing through the 1990s, including the American drama "Backdraft" revolving around firefighters.
- Then he directed the western film epic "Far and Away" in 1992 and directed the newspaper comedy-drama "The Paper" in 1994. His direction for the 1995 docudrama film "Apollo 13" received praise from critics.
- He directed the live-action children's fantasy film, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in 2000 and his follow-up film was the biographical drama film "A Beautiful Mind".
- He also directed the biographical sports drama "Cinderella Man" in 2005. He showcased the world premiere of his historical drama film "Frost/Nixon" at the London Film Festival in October 2008.
- In 2013, Howard directed the sports drama "Rush" as well as he directed the film "In the Heart of the Sea" in 2015.
- He took over directing duties on "Solo: A Star Wars Story" which was launched on 23rd May 2018.
- Ron announced in November 2017 that he would be teaching his first directing class.
- Later his drama film "Hillbilly Elegy" was released on Netflix on 24th November 2020. He is currently filming "Thirteen Lives", about the Tham Luang cave rescue in 2018.
- Furthermore, Ron starred in the documentary film named "Paper & Glue" in 2021 whereas he has also produced the series "Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel" in 2021.
- Ron Howard is the co-chairman, with Brian Grazer, of Imagine Entertainment, a film and television production company. Imagine has produced several films including "Friday Night Lights", "8 Mile", and "Inside Deep Throat", as well as the television series "24", "Felicity", The PJs, and "Arrested Development" which Howard also narrated.
- As part of Imagine Entertainment, he has starred in a 1997 print ad for Milk - Where's your mustache?. He appeared in the Jamie Foxx music video "Blame It" in 2009.
Awards and Achivements
- Academy Awards for his work in "A Beautiful Mind"
- Emmy Awards for his work in "Curious George"
- Golden Globe Awards for his work in "Happy Days"
- Grammy Awards for his work in "The Beatles: Eight Days a Week"
- Saturn Awards for his work in "Cocoon"
- Guild awards for his work in "A Beautiful Mind"
- Producers Guild of America Awards for his work in "From the Earth to the Moon"
Who is Ron Howard Wife?
Ron Howard is a married guy. He married writer Cheryl Alley (born 1953) on 7th June 1975. She's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two.
The couple gave birth to four children: daughters Bryce Dallas Howard (born 1981), twins Jocelyn Carlyle and Paige Howard (born 1985), and son Reed Cross (born 1987). Reflecting on Ron's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Ron Howard?
on Howard is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $200 million as of 2021 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in millions of dollars per year. His final work as a director for the 1980s was the family comedy film "Parenthood" (1989) which opened at #1 in its opening weekend, earning $10 million. It eventually grossed over $100 million domestically and $126 million worldwide. In addition, Ron's major source of income is from his director, producer, and actor career.
How tall is Ron Howard?
Ron Howard is 5 ft 9 in / 175 cm tall and his body weighs around 79 Kg. He has light brown hair and blue eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average. Ron has kept his body maintained at this age too and he is healthy, fit, and fine till now.
Did You Know?
- Ron studied film at the University of Southern California, but dropped out before graduating.
- He served as executive producer and narrator on the popular comedy series Arrested Development.
- His daughter Bryce Dallas Howard became a successful actress.
- He and producer Brian Grazer co-founded the movie and TV production company Imagine Entertainment in 1986.
- In 2009, he appeared in the Jamie Foxx music video "Blame It".