Rory McIlroy - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Height, Wife, Facts, Wiki, Career
One of the popular professional golfers is named Rory McIlroy who is a member of both European and PGA Tours. For 665 days, he was world number one in the Official World Golf Ranking. The well-known Irish celebrity, Rory is famous for his contribution to professional life.
Currently, he is playing in European and PGA Tours. Rory is a very talented and skilled golf player. He has also played for Asian Tour. Altogether, he has won the 4-time major champions. Also, he has won many awards in his careers such as PGA Player of the Year PGA Tour Player of the year Vardon Trophy and many more. He is nicknamed Rogers, Wee-Mac. By profession, he is a golf player.
Who are the parents of Rory Mcllroy?
Passionate and enthusiastic golf player, Rory McIlroy was born on 4th May 1989. He was born and raised in Holywood, Country Down, city of Northern Ireland. Rory is the son of Gerry Mcllroy (father) and Rosie McDonald (mother).
In addition, Mcllroy's nationality is Irish, and belongs to the white ethnicity. His astrological sign is Taurus. Mcllroy believes in Roman Catholicism.
Furthermore, Mcllroy started his primary education at St. Patrick’s Primary School and then enrolled in Sullivan Upper School in Holywood, Belfast. At a small age, he began his career in golf. He began his golf education at the Holywood Golf Club. He belongs to the white ethnicity.
The Career Highlights of Rory Mcllroy
- Rory was a member of Europe's winning 2004 Junior Ryder Cup team which was held in Ohio. He was just the age of fifteen.
- In the year 2005, he became the youngest winner of both the West of Ireland Championship and the Irish Close Championship.
- After his wins in 2005, he decided to go on the golf scholarship and continue to play amateur golf in Europe.
- Rory represented Ireland in the Eisenhower Trophy in the year, 2006.
- Rory was also awarded The Silver Medal as the leading amateur at the 2007 Open Championship.
- He was also part of the Great Britain & Ireland team at the 2007 Walker Cup.
- On 18th September 2007, he turned professional golfer and signed with International Sports Management.
- He became the youngest member to earn a tour card and he earned €277,254 in the 2007 season.
- Rory started his 2008 European Tour season at the UBS Hong Kong Open where he did not make the one undercut. He ended his 2008 season with six top 10 placements and ranked 79th in the World Golf Ranking in the month of November.
- He attained his highest world ranking position of 50 and ended his 2008 season ranking 39th Position.
- Later, due to his brilliant performance, he was invited to the 2009 Masters Tournament and he won the Dubai Desert Classic on 1st February 2009 which ranked him in 16th Position. This was his professional winning tournament.
- He announced that he would join the American-based PGA Tour for the 2010 season in November 2009.
- Later, he accepted an invitation from Gary Player to participate in the 2009 Nedbank Golf Challenge. But he withdrew it because of unwell.
- In the year 2010, he finished 3rd at the 2010 Abu Dhabi Golf Championship.
- On June 19th, 2011 he captured his first major championship victory at the U.S. Open.
- He also won the UBS Hong Kong Open in December 2011.
- On 12th August 2012, he won the 2012 PGA Championship at Kiawah Island.
- He won the 2013 Emirates Australian Open on the 72nd hole by beating Adam Scott.
- In the year 2014, on July 20th he won the 2014 Open Championship at Royal Liverpool.
- Mcllroy was awarded the European Tour Golfer of the Year Award in 2015.
- His name was also enlisted in the FedEx Cup which made him win $10 Million.
- He won the Deutsche Bank Championship in Norton, Massachusetts on 5th September 2016.
- In the 2017 season, he was injured in the rib.
- Mcllroy won the Arnold Palmer Invitational with a final-round 64 on 18th March 2018.
- Mcllroy and Patrick Reed teed off in the final pairing at Augusta National. He made three shots behind Reed. Rory shot a 74 to finish six back of the winner, Reed, and was thus not able to take advantage of this opportunity to win a green jacket. Later, he tied for second with a score of six under par at the 2018 Open Championship.
- On November 3, 2019, Mcllroy defeated Xander Schauffele in a playoff to claim the WGC-HSBC Champions title.
- He gained the world number one ranking from Brooks Koepka on November 9, 2020.
- On August 28, 2022, Mcllroy recorded a final round 66 to win his third Tour Championship, one stroke ahead of Im Sung-Jae and Scottie Scheffler, who had led the third round and was the world number one.
- With the victory, he surpassed Tiger Woods' two FedEx Cup victories and now has three. He consequently received an additional $18 million for the triumph.
Who is Rory Mcllroy's wife?
Rory is a married man with, Erica Stoll. In 2015 they started dating and finally, got married in April 2017 at Ashford Castle. The couple welcomed a daughter, Poppy Kennedy Mcllroy in September 2020. Presently, they seem to be very happy with each other. The couple makes public appearances together often. Also, there is no sign of Separation between them. They are living peacefully.
Additionally, he formerly dated Holly Sweeney (2003-2011), Caroline Wozniacki (2011-2014), and Meghan Markle (2014).
What is the height and weight of Rory Mcllroy?
Rory Mcllroy has a great personality. Talking about his body, his height is 1.74 m. He weighs around 73 Kg. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is also dark brown.
Overall, Mcllroy has a balanced body with good health. He has an attractive body figure. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers. His sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Rory Mcllroy?
This excellent player makes good money from his work. The net worth of Rory Mcllroy is estimated to have $170 million presently. His salary is kept in privacy. However, there is no doubt in the mind of his supporters and followers that he is satisfied with his earnings.