Facts About Rose Leslie
|36 Years Old
|Rose Eleanor Arbuthnot Leslie
|Place Of Birth
|Candida Mary Sibyl
|June 23, 2018
|Famous as a Scottish actress
|Best Known For
|Known for her role of Ygritte in the American fantasy drama television series "Game of Thrones"
|William Leslie and John Leslie
|Portia Leslie and Sofia Leslie
|Rayne North School
|College / University
|London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
|Bachelor of Arts degree
Rose Leslie is a Scottish actress who is well-known for her role as Ygritte in the American fantasy drama television series "Game of Thrones" which she portrayed from 2012-2014 for 17 episodes. She also played the role of Gwen Dawson in the ITV drama series "Downton Abbey". She also has given her voice for the role of En in the 2017 stealth video game.
She is not active in the social media platform. However, she has around 1.1 million followers on her fan page Instagram: @roseleslie_got
Besides on 26th September 2020, Rosie Leslie's pregnancy was revealed in a photo taken for United Kingdom's Make Magazine. On Saturday, the magazine's editor shared Leslie's picture wearing a black dress. In the picture, it can be clearly seen that she is pregnant. However, Leslie and her husband, Harrington have not publicly announced about Leslie's pregnancy. The couple will be expecting their first child in 2021. The couple previously got married on June 23, 2018.
What is Rose Leslie famous for?
- Famous as a Scottish actress.
- Known for her role of Ygritte in the American fantasy drama television series "Game of Thrones".
Where was Rose Leslie born?
Rose Leslie was born on February 9, 1987, in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom. Her birth name is Rose Eleanor Arbuthnot-Leslie. Scottish is her nationality. Her ethnicity is mixed while Aquarius is her zodiac sign. She belongs to Scottish, English, and Mexican descent.
She was born to Sebastian father, Arbuthnot-Leslie, and English mother, Candida Mary Sibyl. Her father is the Aberdeen Chieftain of Clan Leslie while her mother belongs to the Clan Fraser of Lovat. She has two brothers, William Leslie and John Leslie, and two sisters, Portia Leslie and Sofia Leslie. Furthermore, a descendant of King Charles III, Simon Fraser was her maternal great-grandfather, and her another great grandfather, Fredrick Wield was the 6th prime minister of New Zealand.
She was raised in her hometown, Aberdeen along with her siblings in one of her ancestor's 15th century Lickleyhead Castle. Belonging from royal family, she lived a luxurious lifestyle as a child. She did her schooling from Rayne North School. Then, she joined a co-educational independent school, "Millfield".
Since her childhood, she was interested to do acting, and later, she decided to pursue her career as an actress. Her parents supported her decision and she went on to learn acting from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and got graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with Honours in 2008.
She lived in France for three years to enhance her acting skills. Then she returned to London and began working as a narrator for BBC Radio's The British Slave Trade: Abolition, Parliament, and People in 2005. She also has received a certificate from the British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat(BASSC) in stage combat. She acted in many theatre shows like Romeo and Juliet, Can-Can, Pericles, The Learned Ladies, Uncle Vanya, and Antigone.
Rose Leslie Career: Highlights
- Rose Leslie started her professional acting career in 2008 after she appeared as Kim in the British television series "Banged Up Abroad" for an episode.
- She got her prominent role as Rhian in the 2009 television film "New Town".
- Her role earned her a 2009 British Academy Scotland New Talents Awards for Best Acting Performance.
- Her acting in the film received a lot of appreciation and opened up her chance to get more prominent roles.
- In 2010, she started portraying her break-through role of Gwen Dawson in the ITV drama series "Downton Abbey".
- She stayed in the series till 2011 and she returned back in the series in 2015 to reprise her role of Dawson.
- However, after a season, she left the series. She appeared for 8 episodes in the series.
- She also acted as Fiona in the teen romantic drama film "Now Is Good" in 2012.
- Leslie began portraying her career's biggest role of Ygritte in the American fantasy drama television series "Game of Thrones" in 2012.
- She continued playing her role in the series for its 2nd season, 3rd season, and 4th season.
- In the year 2013, her series cast got nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- She appeared in 17 episodes of the series before leaving in 2014.
- After leaving the series, she went on to play her starring role of Bea in the 2014 science-fictional Horror Film "Honeymoon" alongside Harry Treadaway.
- She also played the role of Sarah Farriner in the four-part television mini-series "The Great Fire" in 2014.
- In the year 2017, she started portraying the main role of Maia Rindell in the American legal web series "The Good Fight".
- She stayed in the series till 2019.
- She has made her guest appearances in many television series such as "Luther", "Revolting Rhymes", "Blandings", "Vera", and "Case Histories".
- In 2019, she also appeared in an American late-night live television sketch comedy show "Saturday Night Live".
- Leslie has also provided her voice for the female character "En" in the 2017 video game "Echo".
- Furthermore, she will be seen playing the role of Louise in an upcoming mystery thriller film "Death on the Nile" directed by Kenneth Branagh.
- The film is based on the novel "Death on the Nile" written by Agatha Christie.
- In January 2020, she joined the cast of BBC's upcoming series "Vigil".
- At present, she is busy working for her upcoming movie and her upcoming series.
Rose Leslie Husband
The Scottish actress, Rose Leslie is a married woman. She is married to Kit Harington. Harington is an English actor and producer who is mostly known for his role as Jon Snow in the American fantasy television series "Games of Thrones" from 2011-2019.
Leslie and Harington met each other for the first time in the cast of Game of Thrones. They started dating each other in 2011. On September 27, 2020, the couple announced their engagement through the 'Forthcoming Marriages' section of The Times.
After dating each other for around 8 years, the couple finally tied the knot on June 23, 2018, at Rayne Parish Church in Leslie's hometown, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Their marriage reception was done at the Wardhill Castle.
On September 26, 2020, it has been announced that the couple is expecting their first child after Leslie's picture wearing a black dress was shared by The UK's Make magazine editor. However, the couple hasn't announced about expecting their first child. At present, she is living a happy life with her husband in Suffolk, England in the couple's £1.75 million 15th-century country home. They also have a pet dog.
Rose Leslie Net Worth
Rose Leslie has made a healthy fortune from her profession as an actress since debuting in 2005. She has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2020 while her husband's net worth is $12 million. Her net worth includes all her property and her present earnings. She also earns from her endorsement deals with many brands. At present, she is living a luxurious lifestyle with her earnings.
Rose Leslie Height
The 33 years aged, Rose Leslie has a well-maintained slim body. She is a beautiful woman with red-brown hair and a pair of blue eyes. She stands at a height of 5ft 6 inches(168cm) and has a bodyweight of 54kg. Her body measurement is 33-24-35 inches. Her body shape is a banana. She wears a shoe of size 7(US). Her dress size is 6(US).
Trivias About Rose Leslie You Need To Know.
- Leslie is fluent in French.
- She belongs to the Royal family
- She is an adventurous woman and loves to do rock climbing, skiing, archery and plays tennis
- Ambrose Lisle March Phillipps De Lisle, politician Charles March-Phillipps and MP James Grimston, 3rd Earl of Verulam were her ancestors.