Facts About Rusev
|38 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Nashville, Tennessee, United States
|Lana (M. 2016; Div. 2019)
|6 feet 0 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Miroslav Barnyashev popularly known as Rusev is a Bulgarian-American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE. He made his wrestling debut as part of the independent circuit starting in 2008. In WWE, he was a three-time United States Champion, and he was the first and only Bulgarian wrestler to have worked for WWE. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Rusev famous for?
- A Bulgarian-American professional wrestler.
- His time with WWE, where he performed under the ring name Rusev.
When was Rusev born?
Going back to his early life, Rusev was born in Plovdiv, Bulgaria and currently reside in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. His mother's name is Slavka Barnyasheva and his father's name is still unknown. Also, he has a brother but the name is still unknown.
Similarly, he holds American-Bulgarian nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn and he is Christianity by religion. for education, He attended a sports school while growing up and competed in rowing and powerlifting as an adult.
How Rusev become a wrestler?
- Moving towards his sports journey, Rusev emigrated from Bulgaria to the United States with the ambition of becoming a professional wrestler in the mid-2000s. Then, he began training as a wrestler under Gangrel and Rikishi at the Knokx Pro Wrestling Academy.
- Later, he debuted in the San Diego, California-based independent promotion New Wave Pro Wrestling on November 22nd, 2008, under the ring name Miroslav Makaraov, defeating Aerial Star.
- In 2010, he joined the Santa Maria, California-based independent promotion Vendetta Pro Wrestling (VPW), shortening his ring name to Miroslav. While wrestling for VPW, he was managed by Markus Mac.
- In September 2010, he was signed to a contract by the professional wrestling promotion World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). He was assigned to WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) developmental territory in Tampa, Florida, where he adopted the ring name Alexander Rusev.
- He wrestled his first televised match on the July 17th, 2011, episode of FCW, defeating Mike Dalton while being managed by Raquel Diaz. Shortly after debuting in FCW, Rusev tore both his anterior cruciate ligament and his meniscus and spent six months rehabilitating.
- He returned to FCW in March 2012 with Nick Rogers as his manager. In the summer of 2012, He suffered a broken neck, temporarily paralyzing his arm. While rehabilitating, he traveled to Thailand, where he studied the martial art Muay Thai. In August 2012, WWE rebranded FCW as NXT.
- After his neck healed, He made his NXT television debut on the May 30th, 2013, episode, competing in a battle royal to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship that was won by Bo Dallas. His first singles match on NXT came about on August 21st, losing to Dolph Ziggler.
- He continued to appear sporadically on NXT after joining the main roster in April 2014, making his final appearance on July 24th, getting disqualified against NXT Champion Adrian Neville in a non-title match.
- He made his main roster debut at the Royal Rumble. The sixth entrant in the titular match, He was eliminated by the joint effort of four wrestlers. After months of self-promotional videos and speeches by Rusev and his manager Lana, his return match on the main roster came on the April 7th episode of Raw, where he squashed Zack Ryder.
- He failed to regain the championship the following month at Extreme Rules in a Russian Chain match; during the match, Lana garnered a positive reaction from the crowd, leading to his banishing her from ringside and causing dissension between the two.
- On the post-Payback episode of Raw on May 18th, 2015, He ended his affiliation with Lana, who slapped him in response. On the May 25th episode of Raw, he reverted to being billed from Bulgaria and began carrying the flag of Bulgaria to ringside. Later that same evening, he unsuccessfully attempted to reconcile with Lana.
- He made his in-ring return on the following SmackDown, wrestling in shoes to avoid further foot injury, defeating Fandango. On the July 13th episode of Raw, He answered John Cena's United States Championship open challenge.
- In 2017-18 season, He was moved to SmackDown brand as part of the Superstar Shake-up. On the April 25th episode of SmackDown Live, Rusev made his first appearance on WWE programming since Fastlane, appearing via satellite, and declared that he would not make his debut on SmackDown unless he was given a WWE Championship match at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view on June 18th.
- After failing to win the United States Championship from Shinsuke Nakamura at Crown Jewel, he finally managed to capture the United States Championship for a third time in his career on the December 25th episode of SmackDown Live.
- On January 27th, 2019, he lost the title back to Nakamura on the Royal Rumble pre-show. Two days later on SmackDown Live, He confronted R-Truth, who had just defeated Nakamura for the United States Championship and pushed him into defending his newly-won title against him, but Truth retained his title.
- On January 13th, 2020 episode of Raw, Lashley defeated him in a singles match the following interference from Lana and Liv Morgan, after the match, a mixed tag team match was scheduled between teams of him and Morgan and Lana and Lashley. The mixed tag team of his and Morgan was defeated by Lana and Lashley in the January 20th episode of Raw.
- On April 15th, 2020, he was released from his WWE contract as part of budget cuts stemming from the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic.
Who is Rusev married to?
Rusev married to his fellow WWE performer Catherine Perry, better known as Lana, on July 29th, 2016. However, the couple got divorced on November 19th, 2019, where Lana made an announcement that she has officially filed for divorce against his husband, Rusev.
Lana was then married to Bobby Lashley, with whom he got feuded for a couple of months afterward. Being her ex-husband, he congratulated them and give a gift as well. Presently, he probably single and lives happily. Further, He became a naturalized American citizen on September 27th, 2019. Also, he rumored to be dating with Summer Rae in 2015.
What is Rusev's net worth?
Rusev is a professional wrestler who has a current net worth of $1 million as of 2020. His source of wealth comes through his wrestling career. Also, he earns somewhere around $250,000. However, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rusev?
Talking about his body statistics, Rusev has a height of 6 feet 0 inches and he weighs around 138 Kg. His eyes brown and hair color is black. Further, he has an athletic body but his body measurements are still under review. Whenever we updated, we will let you know.
Trivias About Rusev You Need To Know.
- Rusev and the League would feud with New Day, after picking losses against them, however, they defeated The New Day at WrestleMania 32. The League would dissolve on the Smackdown before Payback.