Facts About Russell Woolf
|Place Of Birth
|Presenter for the ABC Radio Perth
|College / University
|University of Western Australia, Curtin University, Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
|Born in 2008
|Place Of Death
|Cause Of Death
|Source of Wealth
|Journalism (salary, contracts)
Russell Woolf was a Western Australian journalist and media personality. Woolf was famous for his work as a presenter for the ABC Radio Perth. He worked for several networks in his broadcasting career. He died in his sleep on 26 October 2021. Family and friends are mourning Woolfe's unexpected death.
What is Russell Woolf Famous For?
- Presenter for the ABC Radio Perth.
Where is Russell Woolf From?
Russell Woolf was born in 1964. His birth place is in Perth in Australia. He held Western Australian nationality. He belonged to white ethnicity and his religion was Christianity. Information about his parents, siblings, and early life is not available. After graduating from high school, Woolf spent a year in Israel. He returned to Perth and attended the University of Western Australia and Curtin University. He studied broadcasting at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Russell Woolf Career
- In his early career, he worked as a presenter for 6SE Radio West in Esperance for 18 months.
- He then worked for two years at 6 KG in Kalgoorlie.
- He joined the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 1997.
- He worked as its Karratha-based resources reporter for five years.
- He returned to Perth and began co-hosting 720's afternoon show.
- He took over the late afternoon Drive program in 2005.
- He co-hosted Drive with Verity James from 2005 until his resignation from ABC in late 2013.
- He was the weather presenter for Perth's ABC News from 2007 to 2011.
- He left his position of host of Saturday Breakfast on 720 in 2015.
- He moved with his family to the United States in 2015.
- He returned to ABC Radio Perth in January 2019.
- He began co-presenting the weekday Breakfast program with Nadia Mitsopoulos.
- He became a solo presenter of the show after Mitsopoulos left the program in January 2021.
Who is Russell Woolf Wife?
Russell Woolf was a married man. He had a daughter, born in 2008. More details about his family, wife, and kids will be updated here.
What is Russell Woolf Cause of Death?
Russell Woolf unexpectedly passed away in October 2021. He died in his sleep in the early morning of 26 October. His cause of death is yet to be determined. ABC Radio Perth's Geoff Hutchison, Woolf's colleague announced Woolf's death. Nadia Mitsopoulos and Mark McGowan were some of many colleagues who paid tributes to him.
How Tall was Russell Woolf?
Russell Woolf was tall. He had an average body weight and average body build. His sexual orientation was straight. His eye color was hazel and his hair color was dark brown.
What is Russell Woolf Net Worth?
Russell Woolf, a popular Western Australian journalist spent over two decades in broadcasting journalism. He was mostly known as the host of ABC Radio Perth. He was paid a handsome salary for his service. He made his fortune from his journalism career. At present, his net worth is not available.
Trivias About Russell Woolf You Need To Know.
- He was an ambassador for the Western Australian Commissioner for Children and Young People.
- He was a patron of Inclusion WA.
- He was a candidate in the 2014 WA Senate by-election (together with Verity James) on a "Save Our ABC" platform.
- He was a fan of the West Coast Eagles.