Ruth Langsford - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Husband, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Siblings, Height, Hair, Education, Wiki, Facts, TV Shows, Kids
Ruth Langsford is a Singaporean-born English television presenter who is best known for being the presenter of the British daytime television program "This Morning" since 1999. Ruth is currently the longest-serving female presenter of the show. Since 2012, she also has been the regular anchor of the British talk show "Loose Women".
Having started her career as a continuity announcer and newscaster with ITV regional station Television South West(TSW), Ruth has now come a long way becoming one of the top female show presenters in the country. She is also the presenter of the Live fashion show "Ruth Langsford's Fashion Edit". She is active in the social media platform with around 979k followers on her verified Instagram account: @ruthlangsford and has around 649k followers on her Twitter account: @RuthieeL
Besides on December 16, 2020, Ruth and her husband, Eamonn Holmes hosted the show "This Morning". Holmes is a journalist and only co-hosts This Morning in the school holidays. In that show's episode, they welcomed The Real Housewives of Jersey's stars Kate Taylor, Tessa Hartmann, and Ashley Cairney and discussed the upcoming new series of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey".
While discussing, Eamonn teased the backstage drama behind the scenes at "This Morning" to create a new reality show for which Ruth agreed.
What is Ruth Langsford famous for?
- Famous as a Singaporean-born English television presenter
- Known for being the presenter of the British daytime television program "This Morning"
Where is Ruth Langsford from?
Ruth Langsford was born on March 17, 1960, in Singapore. Her birth name is Ruth Wendy Langsford. She holds both Singaporean and English nationality. Her ethnicity is White Caucasian while Pisces is her zodiac sign.
Ruth was born to Dennis Langsford(father) and Joan Langsford(mother). Her father was in the military. So, due to her father's posting, her family had to move to different places.
Before she was 10, she already lived in five countries including West Germany and four countries in North Africa. She had an elder sister named Julia Langsford who committed suicide on November 28, 2019, due to severe depression. After a few years, her family returned to the United Kingdom and settle down in Cornwall. She attended the Saltash School from 1977 to 1978.
Ruth Langsford's Career: Highlights
- Ruth Langsford started her career as a continuity announcer and newscaster with ITV regional station "Television South West(TSW)".
- She left TSW on January 1, 1993.
- From 1993 to 1999, she presented various TV shows including "The West at Work", "Ruth Meets the Entertainers", "Mysterious West", "The Answer Lies in the Soil", and "Langsford Late".
- She worked as a regular panelist on the British talk show "Loose Women" from 1999 to 2002.
- In 1999, she got her career breakthrough after she began working on the British daytime television program "The Morning" as a guest presenter.
- She became a regular presenter on the show in 2006.
- Since then, she has not looked back on her career. She has been co-hosting The Morning alongside Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, becoming the longest-serving female presenter.
- She often hosts the show along with her husband, Eamonn Holmes during school holidays in the absence of other show's presenters.
- Ruth returned to the show "Loose Women" in 2010 and worked as a stand-in-anchor till 2013.
- She also co-presented the British game show "Gift Wrapped" in 2014.
- She again joined "Loose Women" on January 8, 2014, and since that day, she has been a regular anchor on the show.
- She also was one of the main presenters on the British television channel "TV Travel Shop" from April 1998 to March 2005.
- She narrated the television series, "Zoo Story" in 2004.
- She has been co-presenting the British documentary series "How The Other Half Lives" since 2015.
- She then co-presented Ruth Langsford's Fashion Edit alongside Jackie Kabler for QVC in 2017.
- The same year, she took part in the fifteenth series of "Strictly Come Dancing" but got eliminated soon.
- Along with Holmes, she co-presented "Do the Right Thing" in 2018.
- In 2019, she played the role of Aunt Albertine in the animated comedy film, "Wonder Park".
- On December 16, 2020, Ruth alongside her husband hosted the show "This Morning".
Ruth Langsford Husband
Ruth Langsford is a married woman. She is married to her only husband, Eamonn Holmes, an Irish journalist and broadcaster who is well known for co-presenting GMTV for twelve years. The couple got married on June 26, 2010, at Elvetham Hall, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, and since then the couple has been living a prosperous lifestyle together for almost a decade.
Holmes is also her co-host at the daytime show, "This Morning", with whom she started dating in 1999 and welcomed their first son named Jack Alexander Holmes in 2002, almost 8 years before their marriage. Ruth along with her family currently resides in Weybridge, Surrey, England with their dog Maggie, which they adopted from the charity Dogs Trust in 2011.
Ruth Langsford Net Worth
Ruth Langsford has quite good earnings from her professional career as a television presenter. Having her career started as continuity announcer and newscaster, Langsford has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular presenters in the country.
Her source of income is surely her works in shows and series which she has been doing for over 20 years now. With her hard works, Langsford has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $5 million.
Ruth Langsford Height
Ruth Langsford is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained body physique in her 60s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inches while her body weighs around 68kg. Her body measurement is around 35-29-35 inches with a bra size of 40C, 4(US) as her dress size, and 9(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blue eyes and blonde hair.
Trivias About Ruth Langsford You Need To Know.
- Ruth Langsford narrated the television series Zoo Story in 2004.
- Her father was in the military.
- She had a sister.
- She was a contestant on Marco's Kitchen Burnout in 2010 and competed in Born to Shine in 2011.
- She has written columns for Woman Magazine and Tesco Magazine.
- Ruth and her husband Eamonn enjoy a close working relationship, fronting many shows together including This Morning, Gift Wrapped, and How the Oth
- She was on the judging panel for the Pride of Britain Awards in 2016.