Last updated on October 4th, 2021 at 07:19 pm
Facts About Ruth Negga
|41 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Her roles as Tulip O'Hare in the AMC series, Preacher and as Mildred Loving in the 2016 film, Loving
|Mixed (Irish and Ehtiopian)
|College / University
|Samuel Beckett Center at Trinity College, Dublin
|BA in Acting Studies
|Debut Television Show/Series
|Irish Film and Television Award for Best Actress for Shirley
|Dominic Cooper (Dated for 6 years)
|1.6 m (5 ft 3 in)
|115 lbs (52 kg)
|Source of Wealth
|Around $4 million
Ruth Negga is an Ethiopian-Irish actress. Negga is famous for her role as Tulip O'Hare in the AMC series, Preacher and as Mildred Loving in the 2016 film, Loving. She won the Irish Film and Television Award for Best Actress and several other critics awards for her role in Loving. She was also nominated for the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, and NAACP Award for the same role. She has starred in several other movies and television shows.
What is Ruth Negga Famous For?
- Her role as Tulip O'Hare in the AMC series, Preacher.
- Her role as Mildred Loving in the 2016 film, Loving.
Where is Ruth Negga From?
Ruth Negga was born on 7 January 1982. Her birth place is in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia. She holds Ethiopian-Irish nationality. She was born to her mother, Nora, and her father, Dr. Negga. Her parents met while her mother was working as a nurse in Ethiopia. She does not have siblings. She belongs to mixed ethnicity and her religion is Judaism. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She grew up in Ethiopia. She moved to Ireland when she was four years old. She grew up in Limerick, Ireland.
Regarding her educational background, she attended the Samuel Beckett Center at Trinity College, Dublin. She graduated with a BA in Acting Studies.
Ruth Negga Career
- Ruth Negga started her acting career in theaters.
- She starred in several theatre productions.
- She was nominated for 2003 Most Promising Newcomer at the Olivier Awards.
- She made her screen debut with the 2004 Irish film, Capital. She played the lead role of Taiwo in the film.
- The following year, she played the lead role of Mary in Isolation.
- She made her television debut with a guest role in an episode of the British medical soap opera, Doctors in 2004.
- She then had recurring roles in the series, Personal Affairs, Love/Hate, and Misfits.
- She then had a lead role as Shirley Bassey in the 2011 series, Shirley.
- She won the Irish Film & Television Academy Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role - Television for her role in Shirley.
- She appeared in the main role of Agnes Evans in the political thriller series, Secret State in 2012.
- She had a recurring role in the season 1 and 2 of the series, Agents of S.H.I.E.D.
- She played the role of Mildred Loving in the biographical romantic drama film, Loving in 2016. The film is based on the true story of the Lovings, a married interracial couple in the 1950s and 1960s Virginia, whose relationship led to the Supreme Court decision Loving v. Virginia.
- She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress, the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama, and the BAFTA Rising Star Award for her role in Loving. She also earned several critics awards for the role.
- She won New York Film Critics Online Award for Best Breakthrough Performer, African-American Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress, Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award for Best Actress, Black Reel Award for Outstanding Actress, Palm Springs International Film FestivalRising Star Award,
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival Vituosos Award,
- Satellite Award for Best Actress (tied with Isabelle Huppert) for the same role.
- She starred in the main role of Tulip O'Hare in the AMC supernatural adventure series, Preacher.
- She played the title role in the Gate Theatre’s 2018 production of Hamlet. She reprised her role at St. Ann's Warehouse in 2020.
- Her theatre work includes roles in Duck, Titus Andronicus, and Lay Me Down Softly.
- She made her Broadway debut in a production of Shakespeare's Macbeth in September 2021. She plays the titular character Lady Macbeth alongside, Daniel Craig.
- She will star and executive produce a limited drama series about Josephine Baker, the legendary Jazz age performer, and civil rights activist.
Who is Ruth Negga Husband?
Ruth Negga has never been married. She previously dated actor Dominic Cooper for six years.
She lives in Los Angeles.
How Tall is Ruth Negga?
Ruth Negga stands at the height of 1.6 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of 115 lbs i.e. 52 kg. She has a slim body build. Her body measurements are 34-24-33 inches. Her dress size is 4 (US) and her shoe size is 8.5 (US). Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Ruth Negga Net Worth?
Ruth Negga earns from her career in the entertainment industry. The majority of her income comes from her acting career. At present, her net worth is estimated at around $4 million.
Trivias About Ruth Negga You Need To Know.
- Her father is Ethiopian and her mother is Irish.
- She is Tigrayan through her father.
- Her father died in a car accident when she was 7 years old.
- She was chosen as Ireland's Shooting Star for the 2006 Berlin Film Festival.
- She filmed scenes for Steve McQueen's Oscar-winning 12 Years a Slave, but her role was ultimately cut from the movie.
- She was also chosen as the Irish Shooting Star for the Berlin Film Festival in 2006.
- She was ranked number 10 on The Irish Times list of Ireland's greatest film actors in 2020.
- She voiced characters in video games, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (2011) and Dark Souls II (2014).