Facts About Sage Steele
|Celebrated Name||Sage Steele|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Sage Steele|
|Birth Name||Sage Steele|
|Profession||Author , Television host|
|Salary||$400,000 per year|
|Net Worth||1.5 million US dollars|
|Working For||SportsCenter on ESPN|
|Husband||Jonathan Bailey (divorced)|
|Education||Carmel High School and Indiana University|
|Weight||60 kg or 132 lbs|
|Height||5 ft 10 in or 178 cm|
|Home Town||Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America|
|Place Of Birth||Panama Canal Zone, United States of America|
|Source of Wealth||Anchor career|
|Body Measurement||32-24-34 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Sage Marie Steele, professionally known as Sage Steele is an American television anchor who is the co-host of the 12 pm (ET) SportsCenter on ESPN. She is known widely as the host of the weekend show "NBA Countdown". She has also contributed to the sports talk show "Mike & Mike in the Morning" with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg. Sage hosted "SportsCenter'"s daytime coverage of the NBA Finals in 2012 and 2013, and has covered every NBA Finals from 2012 to 2020. Additionally, Sage was also the commencement speaker at the 2015 Indiana University undergraduate commencement, which she considers the greatest honor of her career.
Sage Steele didn't want to get Covid vaccine
Sage Steele said on a podcast that aired Wednesday that the company's Covid-19 vaccine mandate is "sick," and she felt "defeated" after getting the shot so that she could keep her job. "Well, I got my shot today," Steele told former NFL quarterback Jay Cutler on his "Uncut With Jay Cutler" podcast. "I just I didn't want to do it," she said. "But I work for a company that mandates it, and I have until Sept. 30 to get it done, or I'm out." "I respect everyone's decision. I really do. But to mandate it is sick," Steele said. "It's one thing with masks, and I don't have a problem with that. It's another thing when you force this."
"It's scary to me in many ways, but I have a job that I love and frankly a job that I need," she said regarding her decision to get the vaccine right before the deadline. "I'm not surprised that it got to this point especially with Disney, I mean a global company like that." Steele added that the experience of getting the vaccine was "emotional." "It's funny, everyone else has their 'hey look, here's my card,'" but Steele said she didn't feel triumphant. "I think the mandate is what I really have an issue with," Steele said. "I do know, for me personally, I feel I feel like defeated."
- Being an American television anchor.
- For being the co-host of the 12 pm (ET) SportsCenter on ESPN.
Where is Sage Steele From?
Sage Steele stepped for the very first time into the world on 28th November 1972 in Panama, the U.S. She took birth with the real name of Sage Marie Steele in the Christian religion family. She is of American nationality and she came from African-American ethnic background. Sage has celebrated her 48th birthday as of 2020 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Sagittarius. Thus, her race is black. She is the daughter of her father, Gary Steele, and her mother, Mona Steele. She has two brothers, Courtney and Chad, who is the senior vice president of media relations for the NFL's Baltimore Ravens.
Talking about Sage's education, she attended Thomas B. Doherty High School in Colorado Springs for two years and moved to Carmel, Indiana, and attended Carmel High School as a senior, graduating in 1990. She graduated from Indiana University Bloomington in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in sports communication.
What does Sage Steele do for a living?
- Sage Steele jumps off her career at WSBT-TV where she was a news producer and reporter from 1995 to 1997 after which she worked at CBS affiliate WISH-TV in Indianapolis, Indiana, from 1997 to 1998 as the weekend morning sports anchor and weekday reporter.
- From 1998 to 2001, she worked at ABC affiliate WFTS in Tampa, Florida as well as she worked at Fox Sports Florida as a reporter.
- As well, she worked at Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic in Bethesda, Maryland, where she was an anchor and reporter for the network's nightly local sports news program, "SportsNite". She was one of Comcast SportsNet's original personalities, joining that network when it launched in 2001.
- She was the main anchor and also the beat reporter for the Baltimore Ravens during her six years at CSN Mid-Atlantic (2001-2007).
- Later Sage joined ESPN and debuted on 16th March 2007, on the 6:00 p.m. ET edition of "SportsCenter".
- She drove the pace car for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Brickyard 400 on 28th July 2013.
- Steele became the host of NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC through 2017 in the 2013-2014 NBA season as well as she co-hosted the Miss America 2017 & 2018 pageant on ABC with Chris Harrison.
Is Sage Steele Married?
Sage Steele is a married woman. She was married to Jonathan Bailey on 30th October 1999 however they got divorced in 2019. The couple has three children. As of now, Sage is single and hasn't been in any committed relationship. However, it would be no surprise to see her in a relationship in the near future as she is such beautiful. Regarding her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Sage Steele Net Worth and Annual Salary?
Sage Steele has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2021. She also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $400,000 per year. With her hard work and luck by her side, she can double the amount of wealth she has today. In addition, Sage's major source of income is from her anchor career and she is sincere in her work. She has not done endorsement work for any brands yet.
What is the Height of Sage Steele?
Sage Steele stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 60 kg or 132 lbs. Her sensible thoughts with a good sense of humor greatly attract her spectators to their TV screen. Sage has good-looking curly dark brown hair and eyes color. Furthermore, her body build type is slim and her body measures are 32-24-34 inches.
Trivias About Sage Steele You Need To Know.
- Sage earned a bachelor's degree in sports communication from Indiana University Bloomington.
- She has contributed to the sports talk show Mike & Mike in the Morning with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg.
- She shares the news desk on NBA Countdown with fellow sportscaster Doris Burke.
- She also has two brothers, Courtney and Chad, the latter of which has served as a the Vice President of Media Relations for the Baltimore Ravens. She and her husband have three children.
- Her father was the first African-American to play varsity football at West Point.