Sally Pearson - Bio, Husband, Kids, Family, Age, Facts,Retired, Net Worth, Nationality, Parents, Height, Awards, Achievements, Career, Trivia, Wiki
Sally Pearson is a former Australian athlete. She was the Female Athlete of the Year in 2011. She is the first Australian to receive this award. She has won "Athletics Australia Female Athlete of the Year" two times in 2012 and 2017. She was honored with the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for her service to sport as a gold medallist at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
She is the 2011 and 2017 World champion and 2012 Olympic champion in the 100 meters hurdles. She also won a silver medal in the 100 m hurdles at the 2008 Summer Olympics and the 2013 World Championships. On 5 August 2019, Pearson announced her retirement from competitive athletics, stating that she did not believe that she would be ready for the 2020 Olympic Games.
Currently, she is serving as a sports presenter at 7NEWS Gold Coast which she joined on 20th February 2022. In some exciting personal news, Sally also revealed she and husband Kieran are adding to their family with a sibling for daughter, Ruby, due in August 2022.
What is Sally Pearson famous for?
- Being an Australian athlete (retired).
- For winning the 2011 and 2017 World champion and 2012 Olympic champion in the 100 meters hurdles.
Where was Sally Pearson born?
Sally Pearson was born on 19th September 1986 in Sydney, Australia. Her parents named her Sally McLellan at the time of her birth. She holds an Australian nationality and belongs to the white Caucasian ethnicity. Her star sign is Virgo. She is a follower of Christianity.
Pearson was born into a middle-class family. There is no information about her father, but her mother's name is Anne McLellan. It is said that her parents separated when she was very small. It was her mother who raised Pearson and her siblings. She used to work two jobs to support her daughter's athletic career.
After completing her middle-level education, Sally Pearson went to Helensvale State High School on Queensland Gold Coast from where she graduated in the mid-2000s.
Is Sally Pearson retired?
- Sally Pearson began participating in Athletic events while she was still in primary school.
- Pearson came into the highlight in 2001 after winning the Australian Youth 100 m and 90 m hurdles titles.
- She made her international debut at the 2003 World Youth Championships and won gold.
- In 2004, she won a bronze in the 100 m at the World Junior Championships.
- At the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Pearson tripped over and fell to the ground, and failed to win a medal.
- At the 2008 Olympics, she won a silver medal in 100 m hurdles.
- Pearson was in good form during the 2009 European season, winning five out of seven races and breaking the Australian and Oceanian record in the 100 m hurdles.
- At the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, she went on to win gold in the 100 m hurdles final.
- At the 2011 World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, Pearson ran a 100m hurdles time of 12.28s (+1.1), the fourth-fastest time in history.
- At the 2012 London Olympics, she won gold with a new Olympic record time of 12.35s in 100m hurdles.
- At the 2015 Golden Gala, Pearson fell over a hurdle badly mid-race and suffered a traumatic injury that ruined her remaining 2015 season.
- She didn't participate in the 2016 Olympics due to an injury during a training session.
- At the 2017 World Championships, Pearson won the gold medal in the 100m hurdles in London.
- At the 2018 Commonwealth Games, she was to compete in the 100-meter hurdles and 4x100 relay but later withdrew due to an Achilles tendon injury.
- On 5 August 2019, Pearson announced her retirement from competitive athletics.
- On 20th February 2022, Sally Pearson joined 7NEWS Gold Coast as a sports presenter.
Sally Pearson Husband and Children
Sally Pearson has been married to her handsome husband Kieran Pearson since 2010. The couple first met in the early 2000s while studying at Helensvale State High School on Queensland's Gold Coast. They began dating in their senior year at their High school. At first, they were friends but their close friendship ended in their romantic relationship which was their love destiny.
After dating for several years, the love birds became engaged in late 2008. In April 2010 they married on the Gold Coast and had their honeymoon in Los Angeles and Hawaii. In July 2020, The couple welcomed their first child, a baby girl, whom they named Ruby Elizabeth. The 35-year-old, Sally made the announcement with a picture of the happy family after Ruby's birth in hospital.
Sally Pearson Net Worth
As of February 2022, the net worth of Sally Pearson is estimated to be US $1.9 million. She has accumulated her fortune through her successful Athletic career. In 2011, while she was awarded Female Athlete of the year, Pearson also received $100,000 as prizemoney. Furthermore, she also adds a decent sum to her net worth through endorsements deals with various brands including Addidas.
How tall is Sally Pearson?
Sally Pearson is 5 ft 6 inches tall and her body weight is 60 Kg. She has an Athletic build rigid hourglass-shaped body. As being an Athlete, she regularly does exercise, workouts, and jogging which has given her a perfectly toned body that resembles sportsman-like. She has got a medium-cut hairstyle middle-parted hairstyle that is blonde in color and her eye color is black.
Trivias About Sally Pearson You Need To Know.
- She has won "Sport Australia Hall of Fame The Don Award" twice.
- Her athletic talents were noticed by Sharon Hannan, her first coach.
- She appeared in 7NEWS Gold Coast on 2nd February 2022.