Salma Hayek - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Daughter, Age, Birthday, Body Size, Weight, Height, Wiki, Nationality, Family, Parents, Awards, Kids
Salma Hayek is one of the most prominent Latinos in Hollywood having been named in 2005 by Time Magazine among the 25 Most Influential Hispanics. She has achieved huge success in her endeavors as an actress, producer, model, activist, and humanitarian. The Mexican-born American beauty, who was named the 2001 Glamour Mazagine woman of the Year Award recipient began her acting career in Mexico starring in the telenovela Teresa (1989) before moving to the United States. To learn more about beauty, read below.
What is Salma Hayek known for?
Described as ‘sexy’ by more than half of US population, Salma Hayek is a Mexican-American actress, known for portraying headstrong, tenacious and independent female characters. Her exceptional acting skills, coupled with beautiful eyes, and a well-maintained figure, has earned her phenomenal success in the Hollywood film industry for more than 20 years. Apart from acting, she has also enjoyed a successful career as a producer and a model.
Who are the parents of Salma Hayek?
Recalling her early life, Salma Hayek was born in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico. Her full name is Salma Hayek Jimenez. Her family was economically strong, with her father Sami a businessman, and her mother Diana an opera singer. She has Lebanese ancestry. She has one brother named Sami.
She raised in a family with Roman Catholic views, Salma Hayek was sent to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in the USA. She was identified with dyslexia and ADHD. She was an infamous prankster at school and got in trouble with the teachers often. She then attended the University of Mexico studying International Relations. While at the university, she got serious about considering acting as a career.
When did Salma Hayek pursue her acting career?
- Salma Hayek began her career as a television actress in Mexico with Teresa. She followed this role with Miracle Alley, one of the most successful films in Mexico.
- In 1991, at the age of 25, she moved to California. Under Stella Adler’s tutelage, she improved her English and four years, later, her big Hollywood break came.
- She was cast opposite Antonio Banderas, in the Robert Rodriguez action movie Desperado. She then appeared in a few films like Fools Rush In, Dogma, Wild Wild West & In the Time of Butterflies. Around this time, she also founded her own production company named Ventanarosa.
- Salma Hayek caught everyone’s eye with her role in the 2002 movie, Frida. Her exceptional acting won her a nomination for the Best Actress at the Academy Awards.
- Overall, the film received six nominations (winning two) and brought Hayek into the spotlight.
- Major roles followed soon and Hayek appeared in Once Upon a Time in Mexico (a sequel for Desperado) and After the Sunset.
- In 2006, Salma Hayek began the production of Ugly Betty, a comedy show that ran for 5 years. She also made a guest appearance on the show, like Sofia. The role earned her an Emmy Award nomination.
- In 2014, she produced an animated movie Kahlil Gibran’s the Prophet. The film garnered positive reviews.
- Salma Hayek has been quite active as a spokesperson for several organizations including, Avon Cosmetics, Revlon, Proctor & Gamble, and UNICEF. In 2011, she launched her own cosmetics line called Nuance by Salma Hayek.
- Salma Hayek has been very active in movies post-2010. She has starred in films like Grown Ups, Lola, Grown Ups 2, Muppets Most Wanted and most recently Beatriz at Dinner.
- She also lent her voice to Kitty Softpaws, in the movie Puss in Boots, as the hero’s love interest.
- Further, Salma Hayek is actively involved in supporting and rehabilitating women victims of Violence. A feminist at heart, she has campaigned for female empowerment. She has also made huge donations to anti-domestic violence groups. She advocates breastfeeding, even feeding a hungry baby her own milk during a UNICEF trip.
What honors Salma Hayek has received?
Salma Hayek has received several awards and nominations for her creative acting and philanthropic works.
- She is a Knight of the National Order of the Legion of Honour (France).
- Her other awards include the Glamour Magazine Woman of the Year award (2001), the Harvard Foundation Artist of the Year Award (2006) and more.
- She was also listed in the Time Magazine 25 Most Influential Hispanics of the World in 2005.
Is Salma Hayek married or not?
Looking at the personal life of Salma Hayek, She was engaged to Francois Henry Pinault, CEO of Kering and the couple produced a daughter, Valentina in 2007. Two years later, the couple married each other on Valentine’s Day.
Salma Hayek practices Bikram Yoga, a form of hatha yoga, popularised by Bikram Choudhary. Further, She believes in God but has no faith in the conservative Church. She is a naturalized American citizen.
What is Salma Hayek net worth?
As per various online sources, Salma grabbed a good amount of fortune for her acting career. Her estimated net worth said to be $115 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Salma Hayek?
Observing her body physics, Hayek stands a height of 5 feet and 2 inches tall. She weighs around 54 Kg. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. She used to wear 10 (US) dress size and her feet size is 6 (US). Further, her body measures 39-24-36 inches.