Facts About Salman Khan
|57 Years Old
|Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
|Actor , Film Producer , Television Personality
|Place Of Birth
|Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|One of the popular Bollywood actors
|Arbaaz and Sohail
|Alvira and Arpita (Adopted)
|Hindu and Muslim
|The Scindia School and St. Stanislaus High School
|College / University
|St. Xavier's College
|made his debut in 1988
|Biwi Ho To Aisi
|1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)
|194 lbs (88 kg)
|Source of Wealth
Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan, popularly known as Salman Khan is an Indian actor, film producer, television personality, singer, and painter. Salman Khan is one of the most popular actors who appeared in Hindi films. Khan has spent over 30 years in the Bollywood industry. Since his debut in 1988, he has starred in over 100 Indian films and has given numerous box office hit movies. No wonder, he is cited as one of the most commercially successful actors in India. For his contribution, he has won numerous accolades and honors in his career. He started the film production company Salman Khan Films in 2011 which has produced and distributed numerous films.
Besides starring in movies, Salman Khan is also a television personality. On television, he is best known as the host of the reality show, Big Boss since 2010.
What is Salman Khan Famous For?
- One of the popular Bollywood actors.
Where is Salman Khan From?
Salman Khan was born on 27 December 1965. His birth name is Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan. His birth place is in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India. He holds Indian nationality. He was born to his father, Salim Khan, and his mother Sushila Charak. He has four siblings, two brothers Arbaaz, Sohail, and two sisters, Alvira and Arpita. Arpita is an adopted one. His father is Muslim and his mother is Hindu. He belongs to South Asian ethnicity. He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Regarding his educational background, he attended The Scindia School and St. Stanislaus High School. After high school, he attended St. Xavier's College but dropped without graduating.
Salman Khan Career
- Salman Khan is one of the most popular Indian actors who has already spent over 30 years in the Bollywood film industry. Having made his debut with the film, Biwi Ho To Aisi in a supporting role in 1988, he played his first leading role in the film, Maine Pyar Kiya in 1989. The film went on to become one of the highest-grossing Indian films at the time.
- In his career spanning over 30 years, he starred in over 100 Bollywood films. Some of his major hit movies are Karan Arjun, Tere Naam, Baghban, No Entry, Partner, Wanted, Dabangg, Ready, Ek Tha Tiger, Bodyguard, Dabangg 2, Kick, Sultan, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Tiger Zinda Hai, and Dabangg 3 among others.
- For his role, he has won numerous awards and accolades including Filmfare Best Male debut Award in 1990 for Maine Pyar Kiya. He won another Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in 1999. Khan-starring Bajrangi Bhaijaan won Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment at the National Film Awards, the Best Film at the IIFA Awards, and at the Zee Cine Awards in 2016. He won the Zee Cine Best Actor Award for the same role. He has also won numerous other accolades.
- Salman Khan is also a television personality. He hosted 10 Ka Dum in 2008 and 2009 which was rated number one in India. He hosted Big Boss 4 in 2010. He became a regular host of Big Boss from 6 to the present.
Who is Salman Khan Girlfriend?
Salman Khan has never been married in his life. The Indian actor has been romantically linked with several actresses in his career. He dated actress Aishwarya Rai from 1999 to 2001. Rai later claimed in 2002 that Khan harassed her. He then dated actress Katrina Kaif. Their relationship ended in 2010. He also dated Sangeeta Bijlani and Somy Ali in the past. He is currently dating Romanian actress Iulia Vantur. He does not have kids.
He lives in Bandra, Mumbai, India.
Salman Khan Legal Issues
Salman Khan has faced several legal issues. He was arrested for rash and negligent driving in September 2002. His car ran into a bakery in Mumbai; one person who was sleeping on the pavement outside the bakery died and three others were injured. He was charged and found guilty of culpable homicide in May 2015. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison. However, he was acquitted of all charges due to a lack of evidence in December 2015. The sole eye witness, police constable, Ravindra Patil was kidnapped and killed, the mystery which remains unclear to date.
While filming the movie Hum Saath-Saath Hain in 1998, Khan was linked with the alleged killing of a deer. He was arrested and spent a week in Jodhpur jail. He was charged with poaching endangered antelopes under the Wildlife (Protection) Act, a case under sections 3/25 and 3/27 of the Arms Act was filed against Khan for allegedly keeping and using firearms with an expired license. He was given a five-year jail term in April 2006. However, he was acquitted in the blackbuck and chinkara poaching cases by the Rajasthan High Court in 2016. He was sentenced to five years in prison by the Jodhpur court in 2015. The case is pending appeal.
How Tall is Salman Khan?
Salman Khan stands at a height of 1.74 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 and a half inches tall. He has a body weight of around 194 lbs i.e. 88 kg. He has an athletic body build. Khan is known for his body shape, which he has maintained since the start of his career. Fans cheer when they see Khan topless in the movie scenes. He has a chest size of 47 inches, a waist size of 34 inches, and a biceps size of 17 inches. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Salman Khan Net Worth?
Salman Khan earns his from his career in the entertainment industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. He has worked in over 100 Bollywood movies, many of which he produced as well. Khan is cited as one of the most commercially successful actors of Bollywood. He was included in Forbes in the list of Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers in the world in 2015. He was at No. 71 on the list with earnings of $33.5 million and 7th on the list of the World's Highest-Paid Actors in 2015. He was the highest-ranked Indian on the Forbes list with earnings of $37.7 million in 2018. Besides making fortune from his acting career, he also makes a good income from his production company, Salman Khan Films (SKF). His company has produced or distributed numerous hit films to date.
Khan is also one of the popular endorsers and is associated with numerous brands. In his career spanning over 30 years, he has endorsed or has been endorsing numerous brands to date. He endorsed Campa Cola, Limca Soft drink, Hero Honda bikes, Thums Up, Mountain Dew, Red Tape Shoes, Chlormint, Sangini, and Double Bull shirts among several other brands. He is the current brand ambassador for Pepsi, Yatra.com, Suzuki motorcycles, Wheel, Tiger biscuits, Revital, Rotomac Pen, SF Sonic Batteries, Splash, MBC, and CP Plus among several other brands. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $310 million.
Trivias About Salman Khan You Need To Know.
- He is the eldest child in the family.
- His paternal ancestors were the Alakozai Pashtuns from Afghanistan who immigrated to Indore, Madhya Pradesh in the mid-1800s.
- His grandfather Abdul Rashid Khan was a Deputy Inspector General of the Indore state who was awarded the Diler Jung award of the Holkar times.
- His father is a screenwriter and his mother is a homemaker.
- He speaks Marathi, Hindi, and English.
- People named him the 7th Best looking man in the world in 2004.
- He has a wax statue in Madame Tussauds Museum in London and New York.
- People Magazine, India named him the Sexiest Man Alive in 2010.
- Worldstopmost.com ranked him at 7 on the World's Most Handsome Faces list in 2016.
- He has also been an inspiration for some Bollywood actors like Hrithik Roshan and Arjun Kapoor to get into perfect shape.
- He has mentored numerous aspiring actors in the industry.
- He is the founder of the NGO, Being Human.
- Khan offered to pay ₹4 million (US$56,000) to release about 400 prisoners from about 63 prisons in the state of Uttar Pradesh via his NGO in 2015.
- He was one of the nine personalities invited by India's Prime Minister Mr Modi to promote the message of cleanliness and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan when it was launched on 2 October 2014.
- He suffers from trigeminal neuralgia.
- Sanjay Dutt is his best friend.