Sam Burns - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Family, Nationality, Ranking
Samuel Holland Burns, professionally known as Sam Burns is an American professional golfer who plays on the PGA Tour. He played his college golf at Louisiana State University where he won four tournaments in 15 collegiate starts during his sophomore season. He was named a first-team All-American and was the NCAA Division I Jack Nicklaus National Player of the Year for the 2016-2017 season. Sam represented the United States on the winning 2017 Arnold Palmer Cup team and he qualified for the PGA Tour's 2017 Barbasol Championship, where he finished T6. He won the Valspar Championship and the Sanderson Farms Championship in 2021. Moreover, Burns won his second consecutive Valspar Championship title on 20th March 2022, beating Davis Riley in a playoff. His highest ranking is #10 as of March 20, 2022.
- Being an American professional golfer.
- For playing on the PGA Tour.
What is Sam Burns Real Name?
Sam Burns was born on 23rd July 1996 with the real name of Samuel Holland Burns in Shreveport, Louisiana, the U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from American-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Sam has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Leo. Heis the son of Todd Burns (father), and Beth Burns (mother).
Talking about Sam's education, he attended Calvary Baptist Academy and graduated from Louisiana State University.
What does Sam Burns do for a living?
- Sam Burns started his career playing at Calvary Baptist Academy where he was a three-time individual state champion after which he played college golf at Louisiana State University and won four tournaments in 15 collegiate starts during his sophomore season.
- He made his PGA Tour debut as a professional at the Sanderson Farms Championship in October 2017 and earned guaranteed starts for the first 12 Web.com Tour events of the 2018 season with his T10 finish at the final stage of the Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
- He finished T2 at the Colombia Championship in February 2018 and finished T7 at the Honda Classic with Tiger Woods as his playing partner in the final round, earning Burns entry into the Valspar Championship, where he finished T12.
- Subsequently, he earned his first professional win at the 2018 Savannah Golf Championship on the Web.com Tour when he birdied each of the final three holes to defeat Roberto Castro by one stroke as well as gained a place on the PGA Tour at the end of the 2018 Web.com season.
- He has played on the PGA Tour since the start of the 2018-2019 season whereas, in February 2021, he finished solo third place at the Genesis Invitational.
- He held the solo lead at the end of each of the first three rounds but was ultimately caught on the back 9 during the final round and in May he won the Valspar Championship for his first PGA Tour victory.
- He shot a final-round 68 to win by three strokes over Keegan Bradley and two weeks later Burns finished runner-up to K.H. Lee at the AT&T Byron Nelson.
- Burns won his second PGA Tour title at the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, Mississippi on 3rd October 2021 and entered the final round one shot behind the leader but took the lead and then pulled away with a stretch of four birdies in five holes on the back nine.
- Sam won his second consecutive Valspar Championship title on 20th March 2022, beating Davis Riley in a playoff.
Awards and Achievements
- Junior Ryder Cup: 2014 (winners)
- Arnold Palmer Cup: 2017 (winners)
Who is Sam Burns Wife?
Sam Burns is a married man. He is married to Caroline Burns. Burns proposed to his loving wife in April 2019 at the RBC Heritage. He says he had first asked Caroline's father for permission to propose to his daughter over the winter. The love birds tied the knot a few months later in the same year. The pair have been ling happily together in Choudrant, Louisiana. Furthermore, regarding Sam's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Sam Burns Net Worth?
Sam Burns is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $1million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is also around thousands of dollars per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, Sam is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success in sports. In addition, his major source of income is from his golf career and he is sincere in his work.
What is the Height of Sam Burns?
Sam Burns stands at a tall height of 6 feet and 1 inch with a balanced bodyweight of 84 kg. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Sam's ethnical background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Additionally, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Sam Burns You Need To Know.
- He played college golf at Louisiana State University.
- He made the cut in the 2016 U.S. Open.
- He is married to Caroline Campbell.
- He is fan of fellow pro golfer Jason Day.
- He earned his first pro tournament wing at the 2018 Savannah Golf Championship on the Web.com Tour.