Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 11:20 pm
Facts About Sam Ehlinger
|Celebrated Name||Sam Ehlinger|
|Age||24 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sam Ehlinger|
|Place Of Birth||Austin, Texas|
|High School||Westlake High School|
|University||University of Texas|
|Parents||Will Add Soon|
|Siblings||Will Add Soon|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Net Worth||Will Add Soon|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Current Club||Texas Longhorns|
Samuel George Ehlinger famed as Sam Ehlinger is an American football quarterback who plays for the Texas Longhorns. He was a consensus four-star quarterback recruit coming out of Westlake High School near Austin, Texas where he broke school records held by Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks Drew Brees and Nick Foles. In his freshman season with the Longhorns in 2017, he split playing time with quarterback Shane Buechele, playing in nine games and compiling a 2-4 record as a starter. With his career, it can be clearly stated that he is a very talented footballer.
LSU Fans Texting Texas QB Sam Ehlinger After Acquiring Cellphone Number
LSU football fans have found Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger's cellphone number and are calling and texting him en masse in advance of the Saturday showdown between the Top 10 schools. "First of all, I've got to tell you this, that somehow LSU fans have found out Sam's number," Taylor told Finebaum fill-in Tony Barnhart. "So he's got like 600-something text messages on his phone from LSU fans, and he's getting calls nonstop, but he's dealing with it, like these are the games that he came to Texas to play for." He probably needs a new cellphone number if he hasn't acquired one already, but he has more important matters to worry about as the No. 9 Longhorns host the No. 6 Tigers on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Both teams started the season with dominant wins: LSU took down Georgia Southern 55-3, and Texas beat Louisiana Tech 45-14.
Early Life of Sam
On 30th September 1998, Sam was born in Austin, Texas as Samuel George Ehlinger. As of 2018, he celebrated his 20th birthday with his friends and families. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Christian. He attended and played quarterback for Westlake High School in Austin, Texas, where he was coached by Todd Dodge. Later, he went to the University of Texas. His information regarding his parents, siblings and more will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Sam
Sam is a very attractive person with white and fair skin tone. His body build is Athletic. He has a tall height of 6 feet 2 inches . His balanced weight consists of 222 lbs. His other body measurements have not been revealed by sources yet. But it will be added soon. His eye color is Hazel and his hair color is Blonde. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile.
Career of Sam
- Ehlinger began playing football from his high school where he played quarterback for Westlake High School in Austin, Texas.
- He was coached by Todd Dodge.
- He was named the MaxPreps National Junior of the Year after his junior season and was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit.
- He committed to play football at the University of Texas on 28th July 2015.
- He joined the Texas Longhorns under new head coach Tom Herman, who inherited an offense led by sophomore starting quarterback Shane Buechele.
- During the spring game on April 15, he played on the second-team offense against the first-team defense, scoring a touchdown and passing for 148 yards.
- The depth chart for Texas' opening game against Maryland on 2nd September, he was listed as the second-string quarterback.
- He made his first career start for Texas on 9th September 2017 against the San Jose State Spartans leading the team to a 56-0 victory with 222 passing yards and a passing touchdown alongside 48 rushing yards.
- He was eventually selected as the starter against #4 USC Trojans, completing 21 of 40 passes and two touchdowns in the double overtime loss.
- His 298-yard passing effort was the second-most by a true freshman in university history.
- He started at quarterback for the Longhorns against the Kansas State Wildcats, leading Texas to a 40-34 double overtime victory.
- His 30 completions, 50 passing attempts, 380 passing yards, and 107 rushing yards marked personal highs for 2017.
- He was named the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Player of the Week for his efforts against Kansas State.
- During the Texas Bowl, he saw play as a quarterback for part of the first half and much of the second half due to Buechele suffering a groin injury, leading the Longhorns to a 33-16 victory completing 11 of 15 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown.
- At the start of spring practice in 2018, the starting quarterback role for the Texas Longhorns remained unclear.
- He served as quarterback for the White team, throwing for 151 yards and a touchdown and leading both squads with 29 rushing yards on four carries during the spring game.
- He led the Longhorns to a 37-14 win over the #24 USC Trojans to close out out-of-conference play, throwing for 223 yards and 2 touchdowns in addition to rushing for 35 yards and a touchdown.
- His performance against TCU was also recognized in the Davey O'Brien Award's "Great 8" for the week.
- He led the Longhorns to a 48-45 upset victory against the #7 Oklahoma Sooners and accounted for 386 total yards and five touchdowns on 6th October.
- He was named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week, the Walter Camp Award Offensive Player of the Week, the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award National Player of the Week, the Maxwell Award Player of the Week, and was listed on the Davey O’Brien Award’s “Great 8” for the second time in 2018.
- He would lead the Longhorns to a 28-21 victory over the Bulldogs at the Sugar Bowl on 1st January 2019, despite entering the game as 13.5-point underdogs.
- He threw for 169 yards but was most impactful in the rushing game, where he ran 21 times for 64 yards and 3 touchdowns; for his performance, he was named the game's MVP.
- On the heels of a strong sophomore campaign, he was named one of the early favorites to win the 2019 Heisman Trophy in December 2018.
- The Dallas Morning News considered him the best quarterback in the Big 12 Conference entering the 2019 season.
Marital Status, Dating, Girlfriend, Child
Sam is not married yet and he is still to get married. At present, he is in a relationship. But he has not mentioned clearly about his girlfriend. So, the details about his girlfriend will be added very soon. At present, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight.
Net Worth of Sam
Sam is a very successful person in his career and his net worth will be surely in millions. As of 2019, his net worth and salary have not been revealed and it is yet to be disclosed. There is no doubt that he is satisfied with his earnings.