Sam Fender - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Nationality, Girlfriend, Real Name, Height, Parents, Facts, Awards, Salary, Career, Albums, Tour, Band, Wiki
Samuel Thomas Fender, professionally known as Sam Fender is an English singer, songwriter, musician, and actor. He is well recognized for having been signed to the Polydor music label and releasing the popular tracks "Leave Fast" and "Dead Boys." Fender started playing the guitar when he was 10 and began to write songs at 14. He released his first single in 2017 entitled "Play God." He gained further attention in 2018 when he was listed on BBC's Sound of 2018 list. His song "Play God" was also featured in the FIFA 2019 video game. Sam is also known for having won the Critic's Choice Award at the 2018 BRIT Awards. He previously worked in a call center, a restaurant, and a local pub where he was subsequently discovered by his manager. He made his debut TV show appearance as Luke Armstrong in "Vera" in 2011. Additionally, Sam played three unreleased songs at the gig; 'Seventeen Going Under', which would be released as a single from an upcoming album of the same name in 2021, 'Angel In Lothian' and 'The Kitchen'.
Sam Fender says he considered dealing drugs
Crammed into a tour bus with his band last month, the germs had a field day. By the time they reached London's Brixton Academy, Fender had a nasty bout of laryngitis. He was advised to cancel the show. But, having postponed it twice already due to the pandemic, he refused. "My doctor asked what I wanted to do," he told the audience. "I told him to give us all the steroids in the world. "And now? I'm absolutely tripping."The steroids have prolonged his cold, he explains, but he's eager to talk about his new album, "Seventeen Going Under".
As he relates in the song, Fender even considered dealing drugs to help make ends meet. "A lot of my mates were selling weed. Some of them were shifting coke and it did really good for them," he says. "It's messed up but I understood the attraction of it." "One night, I mentioned it to my mam and she bawled her eyes out," he recalls. "Just bawled her eyes out. She felt awful, like, 'Why do you feel you need to do that?' It really upset her." "Not trying to play a tiny violin solo, but I sucked at sport, I was a little fat kid, and I used to get proper bullied," he recalls. "I used to get called, 'Sam Fender the gay boy bender', every single day."
- Being an English singer, songwriter, musician, and actor.
- For having been signed to the Polydor music label.
What is Sam Fender Real Name?
Sam Fender was born on 25th April 1994 with the real name of Samuel Thomas Fender in Shields, England. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Sam follows the Christian religion. He has celebrated his 27th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Taurus. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father, Alan Fender, and his mother, Shirley Fender. He has a brother, Liam, who is ten years older than him. His father and brother are also both singer-songwriters; Liam also plays drums and piano. His mother left when he was eight years old, but he later moved back in with her after he was kicked out of his father's house by his stepmother as a teenager.
Moving to Sam's education, he attended John Spence Community High School and the sixth form college of Whitley Bay High School, attending the latter alongside bandmate Joe Atkinson.
What does Sam Fender do for a living?
- Sam Fender kicks off his career writing songs at the age of 14 after which he began to play at his brother's open mic nights and formed his first band when he was 15.
- Then he was seen in the 2011 pilot episode of the ITV drama series "Vera" and a 2012 episode of the CBBC fantasy series "Wolfblood".
- He was also spotted performing in the pub in 2013 where he worked by Ben Howard's manager Owain Davies, who took him on as a client.
- Later he independently released his first single "Play God" which was featured in the video game FIFA 19 on 30th March 2017 and he played the first shows with his full band in June 2017.
- He also played a BBC Music Introducing session at Maida Vale whereas he announced at the end of the year his first headline tour for the beginning of 2018.
- He was placed on BBC's Sound of 2018 shortlist in 2018 and he continued to put out singles, releasing the tracks 'Friday Fighting' and 'Leave Fast', before signing to Polydor Records in June. He performed the track, alongside 'Leave Fast', on BBC's "Later With Jools Holland".
- On 20th November 2018, Sam released the "Dead Boys EP" as well as he re-released "Play God" on 14th January 2019 in anticipation of his debut album.
- He performed the track in his first Live Lounge alongside a cover of Ariana Grande's 'Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored'.
- He released the title track of the album 'Hypersonic Missiles' on 6th March 2019 whereas the single has since been BRIT certified Gold.
- As well, he made an appearance on "The Graham Norton Show" to promote the album and performed at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Middlesbrough.
- He announced the album alongside the release of the single "Will We Talk?" on 6th July 2019 and in the July of the same year, he announced his biggest UK tour, up until that point, which completely sold out and included two nights at O2 Brixton Academy and a record four nights at O2 Academy Newcastle.
- On 13th September 2019, he released his debut studio album, "Hypersonic Missiles" which was topped the UK Albums Chart selling 41,000 copies in the first week; outselling the rest of the Top 5 combined. He was awarded the number one album trophy by Alan Shearer for BBC's "Match of the Day".
- Fender announced his biggest sell-out UK tour to date, for the beginning of 2020, with his first-ever arena shows.
- "All Is On My Side" was released on 10th December 2019 being described as one of his oldest songs and a staple of his live set, which didn't make it on the album.
- He was forced to reschedule the tour due to the COVID-19 pandemic in March whereas later that year he was the first act to perform at the Virgin Money Unity Arena. He played three unreleased songs at the gig; 'Seventeen Going Under', which would be released as a single from an upcoming album of the same name in 2021, 'Angel In Lothian' and 'The Kitchen'.
- Sam launched the track 'Winter Song' on 24th November 2020 which was premiered as Annie Mac's Hottest Record in the World. He performed the song with the Royal Northern Sinfonia at Sage Gateshead Christmas Cracker event on 18th December.
- In addition, he has recently released his second studio album "Seventeen Going Under" in 2021.
Is Sam Fender Dating Anyone?
Sam Fender is an unmarried singer. He was 15 years old when he fell in love for the very first time with a girl from his friend circle. The duo dated for about 6 months, during which they got into a lot of trouble. However, his relationship ended after his then-girlfriend dumped him for one of his best mates. As of now, he is currently focusing on his career as he has been recently gained fame and a major title. Looking at his social media account and searching through the web, we could not find anything that could hint that he is engaged in any kind of romantic relationship. So we can surely assume that Sam is currently single. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Sam Fender?
Sam Fender is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $2.5 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is also around thousands of dollars per year. In his short professional time also, Sam has established himself an identity already. He has not done endorsement work for any brands yet. Furthermore, his major source of income is from his singer, songwriter, musician, and actor career.
How tall is Sam Fender?
Sam Fender is 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm tall and his body weighs around 70 kg or 154 lbs. He has blonde hair and blue eyes color. Sam's body build type is average. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. At the age of 20, Sam was diagnosed with a potentially life-threatening illness, shortly after which his father moved to France.
Trivias About Sam Fender You Need To Know.
- Sam released his first single in 2017 entitled "Play God."
- He is known for having won the Critic's Choice Award at the 2018 BRIT Awards.
- He was named on the BBC's Sound of 2018 list alongside fellow artists Lewis Capaldi and Khalid.
- His father Alan and brother Liam were also singer-songwriters.
- The first instrument that he picked up to play was a recorder. At that time, he was in primary school.