Sam Kerr - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Dating, Partner, Parents, Siblings, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Transfer News, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Career
Samantha May Kerr, popularly known as Sam Kerr is an Australian football (soccer) player. Considered one of the best female footballers or best strikers in the world, Kerr plays as the forward for the English club Chelsea and the Australia Women's national team. She started her professional football career at the age of 15 at Perth Glory in 2008. She then played for Sydney FC before moving to the United States where she played for Western New York Flash, Sky Blue FC, and Chicago Red Stars. Following her career in W-League and NWSL, she signed with the English club, Chelsea in 2019. She has already won two FA Women's Super League, two FA Women's League Cup, one FA Women's Community Shield, and FA Women's Cup with Chelsea.
Regarding her international career, she represented Australia at various age levels. The Australian international made her senior international debut at the age of 15 in 2009. She also captains the national team.
What is Sam Kerr Famous For?
- Captain of Australia women's football team.
- Considered one of the best female footballers in the world.
Where is Sam Kerr From?
Sam Kerr was born on 10 September 1993. Her birth name is Samantha May Kerr. Her birth place is in East Fremantle, Western Australia in Australia. She holds Australian nationality. She was born to her father, Roger Kerr, and her mother, Roxanne Kerr. She has an older brother named Daniel Kerr. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Sam Kerr Career
- Kerr started playing Australian rules football at an early age.
- She switched to soccer at the age of 12 due in large part to gender restrictions.
- She started playing soccer as a junior at Western Knights in 2006.
- Three years later, she trialled for the Western Australian State Team.
- She was scouted by Perth Glory striker Bobby Despotovski when she was 13.
- She signed with Perth Glory in 2008.
- She made her debut with Glory in the 2009 W-League season.
- She was voted Players' Player at the 2009 W-League Awards.
- She also played for Sydney FC during the time, leading the club to W-League Championship 2012-13.
- She moved to the American club, Western New York Flash for the inaugural season of the NWSL in 2013.
- She helped the club to win the NWSL Shield in 2013.
- Following the 2014 season, she was traded to Sky Blue FC.
- She played for another American club, Sky Blue FC from 2014 to 2017.
- In 2014, she returned to Perth Glory on a one-year deal.
- She played for Chicago Red Stars from 2018 to 2019.
- She is the all-time leading scorer in the NWSL.
- Until the 2020-21 season, she held the record of all-time leading scorer in the Australian W-League.
- She started her interest to play in Europe and received offers from several European clubs.
- She signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with the English club, Chelsea in November 2019.
- She made her Chelsea debut against Reading on 5 January 2020.
- She won Women's Super League, Women's League Cup, Community Shield in her debut season with the club.
- She won the Women's Super League, Women's League Cup, and Women's Cup in the following season.
- In her first full season with Chelsea, she scored 29 goals in all competitions including 21 league goals.
- Her 21 league goals in the 2020-21 season won her first European Golden Boot.
- In 2021, she also helped Chelsea to reach the UEFA Women's Champion's League final for the first time.
Sam Kerr International Career
- Sam Kerr represented Australia's soccer team at various age levels.
- She was part of Australia's U16 team that won the AFF U-16 Women's Championship in 2009.
- She made her senior international debut in a friendly match against Italy in February 2009.
- She scored her debut senior international goal against North Korea in the 2010 AFC Women's Asian Cup final. She was only 16 when she scored her senior international goal. Australia won the final in a penalty shoot-out.
- She made her world cup debut at the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup against Brazil.
- She led Australia to the quarterfinals of the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.
- She finished top goalscorer at the inaugural Tournament of Nations in 2017. Australia won the tournament as well.
- She was named the 2017 AFC Women's Footballer of the Year.
- She was appointed the captain of the Australian women's national team in February 2019.
- She was named one of five nominees for the BBC Women's Footballer of the Year Award in 2019.
- She led Australia to Round of 16 in the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup and semi-finals in the 2020 Olympics.
- She became Australia's all-time top goalscorer following her performance in the 2020 Olympics.
Who is Sam Kerr Boyfriend?
Sam Kerr is openly lesbian and unmarried. However, the Australian international is not single. She is dating an American soccer player, Kristie Mewis.
She previously dated former Perth Glory and Chicago Red Stars teammate, Nikki Stanton.
How Tall is Sam Kerr?
Sam Kerr stands at the height of 1.67 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 66 kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black.
What is Sam Kerr Salary and Net Worth?
Sam Kerr is one of the prolific female soccer players in the world. A holder of several goalscoring records, she is currently signed to the English club Chelsea. Her income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, endorsements, and sponsorships. She has an annual salary of around $500k according to her first contract with Chelsea. It is likely that Chelsea signed a new lucrative contract with Kerr in the near future.
Kerr also earns from her endorsement and sponsorship deals. She has an endorsement deal with Nike. Her trademark backflip was featured in the Nike ad, Dream Crazier. She is a brand ambassador for Coca-Cola-owned Powerade. She has starred in several television commercials. At present, her net worth is estimated at around $2 million.
Trivias About Sam Kerr You Need To Know.
- Her father played professional football in the West Australian Football League.
- Her uncle was a champion jockey who won the Melbourne Cup with Galilee in 1996.
- Her paternal grandfather was a professional boxer.
- She made her professional debut at the age of 15.
- She made her senior international debut at the age of 15.
- Her long-range goal against Sydney FC won the Goal of the Year in 2009.
- Her trademark goal celebration is backflip.
- She is the first Australian, male or female, to score a hat-trick in World Cup.
- She is the 10th Australian international to win the 100th cap.
- She is the only female football player to have won the Golden boot in three different leagues and three different continents.
- She was featured in the EA Sports FIFA video game series starting in FIFA 16.
- She has been featured on the cover of several magazines.
- She was featured in Vogue Australia as a 2018 Game Changer.
- She was announced as the second-highest-rated (92) female player in FIFA 21.
- She published her first book (The Flip Out) in her autobiographical football-themed children's book series, Kicking Goals.
- She is a supporter of the West Coast Eagles.
- She was named FFA Female U20 Footballer of the Year in 2010 and 2014.
- She was named PFA Women's Footballer of the Year in 2013, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- She was awarded the Julie Dolan Medal in 2017 and 2018.
- She was named FMA International Player of the Year in 2013 and 2014.
- She was named Young Australian of the Year in 2018.
- She was awarded the ESPY Award for Best International Women's Soccer Player in 2018 and 2019.
- She was awarded Best NWSL Player ESPY Award in 2019.
- She is the only Australian women's footballer to be named to the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or.
- She has been nominated to The Best FIFA Women's Footballer and BBC Women's Footballer of the Year numerous times.
- She was booked a yellow card for shouldering a pitch invader in the Champions League draw with Juventus in December 2021.
- She finished 3rd in Ballon d'Or Feminin 2021.