Sam Quek Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Family, Nationality, Salary, Job, Career, Parents, Siblings, Height, Weight, Facts, Wiki, TV Shows
Samantha Ann Quek, an English former field hockey player, and television personality is excellently known as Sam Quek. The previous year her team took gold in the European Championship. She played as a defender for both the England and Great Britain teams, wearing squad number 13. Sam along with the rest of the England field hockey team, took home the gold medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. She joined the British reality show "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" in 2016. Moreover, it was confirmed in July 2021 that Quek would become a team captain on the long-running show A Question of Sport. She was awarded an MBE in the 2017 New Years Honours List for services to hockey. She has also published her autobiography "Sam Quek: Hope and a Hockey Stick" in 2018.
Sam Quek insists she was very well-behaved in the Olympic village
Sam Quek was forced to deny that she was involved in any naughty antics at the Olympic village in 2016 during a 'spectacularly awkward' moment during BBC One's Olympics coverage. However, when it came to Dan joking about Sam's behavior at the Rio Olympics, things got awkward real quick. Dan, 44, asked: 'Was Sam well behaved in the village?', with Sam, 32, laughing: 'Always! Don't ask him about after.' However, Mark - who is in charge of leading the GB delegation in Tokyo paused before saying: 'As you know, social distancing and physical distancing is the order of the day so…' Sam quickly said: 'Woah Woah Woah, I was in a very happy relationship then, Mark', with her co-host saying: 'Well this has got spectacularly awkward, Mark.' Dan said: 'The repercussions of our chat about the athletes' village after you won your gold medal continue. Sam's already got a text from who?' 'Carol Vorderman,' Sam said, 'who is currently watching, asking what happened at the Olympic village. And I said nothing because nothing did! I feel terrible because Mark has painted this weird picture of social distancing in the Olympic village.'
- Being an English former field hockey player and television personality.
- For playing as a defender for both the England and Great Britain teams.
What is Sam Quek from Real Name?
Sam Quek took birth with the real name of Samantha Ann Quek on 18th October 1988 in Liverpool, England. She is British by nationality and mixed by ethnicity as she is of English from her mother's side and is Singaporean from her father's side. Quek follows the Christian religion. Her present age is 32 which she celebrated back in 2020. Thus, her race is white and her zodiac sign is Libra. She is the daughter of her father, Albert Quek, and her mother, Marilyn Quek. She has a twin brother.
Talking about Sam's education, she attended Hillside Primary School in Wirral for a year before moving to Birkenhead High School and going on to the sixth form at Calday Grange Grammar School in West Kirby. She then studied at Leeds Metropolitan University, where she earned a BSc (Hons) in Sport & Exercise Science.
What does Sam Quek do for a living?
- Samantha Quek kicks off her hockey career playing as a defender and by representing both the England and Great Britain teams, wearing squad number 13 after which she was part of the England team that won the Girl's (Under-18s) Four Nations Invitational Tournament by defeating Holland on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final in 2005.
- She won gold as part of the Great Britain Team for the 2007 Australian Youth Olympic Festival as well as she won her first Great Britain international cap, aged 19 and whilst still at university, in a goalless draw against Argentina 2007.
- She was also part of the team that was runners-up to Germany at the 2006 Women's EuroHockey Junior Championship as she made her England debut the following year.
- Sam was not selected for the Great Britain squad for the London 2012 Olympic Games but did play for England at the 2013 Women's EuroHockey Nations Championship, at the 2014 Women's Hockey World Cup, and at the 2014 Commonwealth Games where the team won silver.
- As well, she captained the England team during the 2014 Champions Trophy in Mendoza, Argentina in the absence of Kate Richardson-Walsh and became part of the England hockey team who won gold at the European Championships in August 2015 in London.
- She won Man of the Match in the final against the Netherlands, who were reigning world and Olympic champions at the time.
- She competed in the Rio Olympic Games in August 2016 where the team won all five of their matches, defeating Australia 2-1, India 3-0, Argentina 3-2, Japan 2-0, and the United States 2-1 in the group stage.
- She won her 50th cap for Great Britain during the competition, taking her to more than 125 combined for both England and Great Britain.
Potential football career
- Sam was signed to Tranmere Rovers FC as a junior whereas she revealed in an interview with "The Guardian" that she had to make the choice at the age of 16 between pursuing a professional career in hockey or football.
- She elected to pursue a career in hockey and she was selected to play in an All-Stars team versus FA People's Cup challengers in a 12-hour fundraising match for Sport Relief on 23rd March 2018.
- She was offered a trial with the Liverpool Ladies FA Women's Super League team by their manager Vicky Jepson but had not taken the offer up as of April 2020.
- Sam starred with her husband Tom Mairs on BBC One's game show "For What It's Worth" in May 2016, where they won the show's jackpot of £2,500.
- Then in November of the following year, she took part in the sixteenth series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!".
- She starred as a guest panelist on the ITV sports panel game show "Play to the Whistle" and BBC's "A Question of Sport" in March 2017.
- Quek also took part in a celebrity edition of "The Chase", and appeared in Series 11 of "Pointless Celebrities".
- Also, she has been a presenter on sports shows, including "The NFL Show".
- She became a sports columnist for the "Metro" newspaper in 2017 as well as became a weekly sports columnist for the "Daily Mirror" newspaper.
- She later started hosting the BBC's flagship football phone-in program, "606" in August 2019.
- Quek competed in "Celebrity Masterchef" in 2020 whereas it was also confirmed in July 2021 that she would become a team captain on the long-running show A Question of Sport.
Who is Sam Quek Husband?
Sam Quek is a married woman. She tied a knot with her handsome husband Tom Mairs who is a property entrepreneur who appeared as the titular "Secret Millionaire" on the reality show of the same name in 2010. There's much love between the two. Basically, her understanding and their strong love bond have helped them stay glue for this long. She also became a mother to a daughter, Molly Doris Mairs in March 2021, after a 'traumatic' caesarean section. Furthermore, Sam's sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Sam Quek?
Sam Quek has a net worth of £4 million as of 2021. She has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. Quek was warned by the Advertising Standards Authority in May 2020 for a second time about promoting a business on Twitter without announcing that she was being paid by the company. In addition, her major source of income is from her hockey and TV personality career.
How tall is Sam Quek?
Sam Quek is 1.62 m (5 ft 4 in) tall and her body weighs around 137 lb / 62 kg. She has brown hair and eyes color. Quek definitely has a pretty face and a magnetic personality which has cast spells over her viewers over the years. Her usual exercises schedule has guided her to be in marvelous body posture with appropriate body measurement. Sam has an athletic body build.
Did You Know?
- Sam published her autobiography "Sam Quek: Hope and a Hockey Stick" in 2018
- She is a supporter of Liverpool F.C.
- She is a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- She appeared as a contestant on show "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" in 2016.
- She won the gold medal as part of the British team at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- In 2020, she competed in "Celebrity Masterchef", where she reached the final three.
- She won her first Great Britain international cap, aged 19.
- She was signed to Tranmere Rovers FC as a junior.
- She has twin brother named Maxine Bristow, & Shaun Quek.
- She is of English and Singaporean descent.