Facts About Dave
|25 Years Old
|David Orobosa Omoregie
|Place Of Birth
|Brixton, London, England
|Juliet Doris Omoregie
|De Montfort University
|Source of Wealth
|$683.71 thousand per year
|5ft 11 (180.3 cm)
|Wikipedia Youtube Instagram Twitter
David Orobosa Omoregie is a British rapper, musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. He is excellently known as Santan Dave or just Dave. He became famous for his YouTube debut song, "Black Box." His track "JKL + HYD" has over half a million hits and counting. He studied philosophy, ethics law, and music in college and dropped his first hit, "Black Box," the same day he started college. Dave was also nominated for the Best Breakthrough Award at the KA & GRM Daily Awards in 2016. His song "Funky Friday", featuring Fredo, which became his first number-one song on the UK Singles Chart and his first platinum-certified release. He also released the single "Starlight" on 3rd March 2022, which became his longest-running and his first solo UK number-one single. Additionally, Dave released his first single of the year, "Starlight" in March 2022.
Santan Dave Famous For
- Being a British rapper, musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor.
- For his YouTube debut song, "Black Box."
Is Santan Dave dead or alive?
Dave is not dead yet as he is living his successful, happy, and enjoyable life.
Where is Dave from ethnically?
Dave opened his eyes for the very first time on 5th June 1998 in Brixton, London, England. He was born with the real name of David Orobosa Omoregie in a Christian religious family. He holds British nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background. Dave has celebrated his 24th birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Gemini. Thus, his race is black. His father, Frank Omoregie, a pastor, and his mother, Juliet Doris Omoregie, a nurse. He has two older brothers, Benjamin and Christopher, who are eight and five years older than him respectively.
Moving to Dave's education, he attended St Mark's Academy in Mitcham, and Richmond upon Thames College in Twickenham, where he studied law, philosophy, and ethics. He secured a place at De Montfort University in Leicester to study law but never attended, choosing instead to focus on his musical career.
Santan Dave Rapper Career
- Dave kicks off his music career by making his debut appearance, at the age of 16, on a platform named BL@CKBOX, performing a freestyle in May 2015 after which he performed his first SB.TV Warm Up Session in November and then he released his first track "JKYL+HYD" on the platform in January 2016.
- He made his debut performance on Charlie Sloth's "Fire in the Booth" in March and released his debut EP, "Six Paths", on 30th September 2016.
- Drake premiered a remix to Dave's song "Wanna Know" on OVO Sound Radio in October 2016 which debuted at 72 on the Official Singles Chart and peaked at 51, becoming Dave's first entry on the chart.
- He released the tracks "Revenge", "Tequila", and "100M's" and announced his second extended play, "Game Over" on 9th October 2017.
- Then he won his first MOBO Award for the Best Newcomer Act at the 2017 ceremony on 29th November 2017 as well as he received his first Brit Award nomination for British Breakthrough Act at the 2018 Brit Awards which he lost out to Dua Lipa.
- On 27th February 2018, he put out his first single after the release of his Game Over EP with the track "Hangman" and released the self-produced track "Funky Friday".
- He collaborated with Fredo, featuring on his track "All I Ever Wanted" off of Fredo's album "Third Avenue" and announced his long-anticipated debut album Psychodrama on 21st February 2019.
- His debut album "Psychodrama" was released on 8th March 2019 and he made his Glastonbury Festival debut on 30th June 2019.
- He also made his acting debut in Netflix's revival and third series of Top Boy as well as collaborated with Sir David Attenborough for a special episode of Planet Earth entitled "Planet Earth: A Celebration" in August 2020.
- He released two songs as a two-track EP, "Titanium", and "Mercury" in April 2021 and announced his sophomore album, "We're All Alone in This Together" as he released his second album, "We're All Alone in This Together" on 23rd July 2021.
- Subsequently, he headlined his first festival at Parklife on 11th September and was also announced as a headliner for the Reading and Leeds Festival in 2022 which will make him the youngest ever headliner of the festival.
- He continued to produce for other artists, producing the track "End of the Beginning" on Central Cee's mixtape "23", again under the name SANTAN, which was released in February 2022.
Awards and Achievements
- MOBO Awards
- Ivor Novello Awards
- AIM Awards
- GQ Men of the Year Awards
- MOBO Awards
- Brit Awards
Is Rapper Dave in a relationship?
Dave is an unmarried rapper. He is very much private about his relationship status as he has not shared a word about his partner with the public. So we can surely assume that Dave is currently living a single life and is very concentrated on his work. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is Dave's worth?
Dave has a net worth of $1.2 million as of 2022. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $683.71 thousand per year. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already and Dave's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is his rapper, musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor career.
How tall is Santan Dave?
Dave is 5ft 11 (180.3 cm) tall and his body weighs around 75 kg. He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Dave You Need To Know.
- Dave released his debut extended play Six Paths in 2016.
- He made his acting debut in the third season of the Netflix series Top Boy.
- His father, Frank Omoregie, a pastor and his mother, Juliet Doris Omoregie, a nurse.
- Dave attended St Mark's Academy in Mitcham, and Richmond upon Thames College in Twickenham.
- Dave won Songwriter of the Year at the 67th Ivor Novello Awards in May, making that his fourth Ivor Novello win in five years