Last updated on August 17th, 2023 at 06:41 am
Facts About Sardar Azmoun
|Celebrated Name||Sardar Azmoun|
|Age||28 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sardar Azmoun|
|Place Of Birth||Gonbad-e Kavus|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch|
|Career Start||Oghab Gonbad of Gonbad-e Kavus|
|Salary||€1.9 million Yearly|
|Source of Wealth||Football career and from his endorsement deal|
|Current Team||Bayer Leverkusen|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
Sardar Azmoun is an Iranian footballer who is well-known for being a forward for the club, Bayer Leverkusen, and Iran national football team. Previously, the 27-years footballer has played for Sepahan, Rubin Kazen, Rostov, and Zenit Saint Petersburg. At the age of 19, he made his debut for the Iran national team in 2014. He is the youngest Iranian to score in a UEFA Champions League game. Sardar Azmoun has represented his nation in the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar as well. His shirt number is #9 for his current team.
What is Sardar Azmoun Famous For?
- Sardar Azmoun is a footballer from Iran who plays as a striker.
- Sardar is famous for playing with the club, Bayer Leverkusen, and Iran's national football team.
Early Life of Sardar Azmoun
Sardar Azmoun was born on 1st January 1995 in Gonbad-e Kavus, Iran with a Capricorn birth sign. His nationality is Iranian and belongs to the Iranian-Asian ethnicity. He follows the Muslim religion. He was born into a Sunni family of Iranian Turkmen origin. He speaks Turkmen and Persian fluently and is fond of riding on horseback. He is the son of Khalil Azmoun, a former Iranian national volleyball team player who has coached several volleyball teams, such as Golgohar Sirjan and Javaheri Gonbad VC. He cut his 27th birthday cake on January 1, 2022.
Sardar Azmoun Football Career
- Sardar Azmoun began his career in football when he was only 9. He started his career at Oghab Gonbad of Gonbad-e Kavus. He then joined Shamoushak Gorgan, before joining Etka Gorgan, who were playing in Division 1 in Iran at the time.
- Sardar joined Sepahan's youth ranks at the age of 15. He became Iran's youngest Legionnaire when later that year he transferred to Rubin Kazan at the age of 17.
- In the year 2013, he received an offer from the Russian team Rubin Kazan to join them.
- He chose to work with Turkmen-speaking Kurban Berdyev and became Iran's first football player in the Russian Premier League.
- He made 8 appearances for his club's reserve team, scoring two goals and receiving one yellow card in his very first season at the club.
- He made his debut for the senior team in a UEFA Europa League match against Jagodina on 25th July 2013 and scored his first goal on 29th August against Molde.
- English Premier League side Arsenal reportedly made a £2 million offer to Kazan for the transfer of 19-year-old Azmoun on 27th March 2014.
- He scored his second league goal for Rubin Kazan in a 2–1 defeat to Rostov.
- Rubin Kazan announced through their official website that Azmoun would remain at the club despite transfer offers from Arsenal, Liverpool, and Zenit St. Petersburg on 4th July 2014.
- He signed a three-and-a-half-month loan deal with relegation-battling Russian
- Premier League club FC Rostov on 26th February 2015.
- He made his Champions League debut on 26th July 2016 in the first leg of a third-round qualifying round match against Anderlecht.
- He scored his second Champions League goal on 24th August 2016.
- He scored his first Russian Premier League goal of the 2016–17 season in a 4–1 victory on 6th November 2016.
Return to Rubin Kazan
- Azmoun then returned to Rubin Kazan in June 2017. He appeared in a friendly on 28 June 2017 as a second-half substitute, wearing number 69.
Zenit Saint Petersburg
- On 1 February 2019, Sardar signed a 3.5-year contract with Zenit St. Petersburg. He scored two goals and registered one assist in his debut start for Zenit against Fenerbahçe in the Round of 32 in the UEFA Europa League.
- On 5th July 2020, he scored twice in a 4–2 victory over FC Krasnodar that secured a second consecutive Russian Premier League title for Zenit.
- He was voted RPL Player of the Season for the 2020–21 Russian Premier League season.
- On 22nd January 2022, Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen announced that Azmoun had signed a pre-contract to join the club on a free transfer on 1 July 2022. He signed a five-year contract with 'Die Werkself'.
Sardar Azmoun International Career
- Azmoun internationally represents the Iran U-20 side, becoming the top scorer of the 2012 Commonwealth of Independent States Cup, scoring seven goals in six games.
- The footballer also played for the U-20 team during the 2014 AFC U-19 Championship qualification in Kerman on 8th October 2013. He was later called into the U-23 team for Olympic qualifiers in March 2015. He was called up to the Iranian national football team against Thailand by Carlos Queiroz on 5th October 2013.
- Then, Azmoun was selected in Iran's 28-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He made his senior debut on 26 May 2014 in a friendly match against Montenegro.
- Carlos Queiroz called him into Iran's 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30 December 2014. He scored a goal in the next match, a 1–0 friendly win over rivals Iraq. Also, he opened the scoring against Iraq in the quarter-finals with a header. He scored a goal against Turkmenistan in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier on 16th June 2015.
- At the age of 23, Azmoung retired from International football just after Iran's 2018 World Cup exit due to the heavy criticism he faced from fans. The criticism caused his mother's illness to worsen and as a result, Azmoun chose to retire to be by his mother's side.
- Azmoun returned to the Iranian national team and was called up for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup by Carlos Queiroz on October 2018.
- Sardar Azmoun has represented his nation in the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar as well. He played against England on 21st November 2022 in which Iran lost with the score 6-2. Playing against Wales, Iran won with the score of 2-0. He will be playing against the USA on 30th November 2022.
Awards and Achievements of Sardar Azmoun
Zenit Saint Petersburg
- Russian Premier League: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- Russian Cup: 2019–20
- Russian Super Cup: 2020, 2021
- WAFF U-15 Championship: 2009
- AFF U-19 Youth Championship: 2012
- CIS Cup top goalscorer: 2012
- AFC Asian Cup Team of the Tournament: 2019
- RFS Team of the Season: 2019–20, 2020–21
- Russian Premier League Player of the Season: 2020–21
- Russian Premier League Player of the Month: March 2019
- Russian Premier League top goalscorer: 2019–20
- IFFHS Asian Men's Team of the Year: 2020
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen on 30 Jan 2022 for the fee of 4M €
- Zenit St. Petersburg on 1 Feb 2019 for the fee of 12M €
- Rubin Kazan on 14 Jul 2017 for free
- FC Rostov on 22 Jul 2016 for the fee of 2.3M €
- Rubin Kazan on 30 Jun 2016 at the end of the loan
- FC Rostov on 25 Jul 2015 on loan
- Rubin Kazan on 30 Jun 2015 at the end of the loan
- FC Rostov on 26 Feb 2015 on loan
- Rubin Kazan on 1 Jul 2013
- Rubin Kazan II on 1 Jan 2013 From Sepahan FC U19
Net Worth of Sardar Azmoun
Online estimates of Sardar Azmoun's net worth vary. While it’s relatively simple to predict his income, it’s harder to know how much he has spent over the years. But there is no doubt that his net worth is surely in the millions and he makes £53,000 weekly and £2,756,000 annually from his present club, Bayer 04 Leverkusen. As per sources, his estimated net worth of $1.5 Million as of 2022. His source of wealth comes from being a soccer player and as a part of an endorsement deal for Neff's X1 Lite, The BadoFoo. He received a $10,000 cheque from Neff's on June 13, 2017. Furthermore, his current market value is €12 Million as of November 2022.
Personal Life of Sardar Azmoun
Sardar Azmoun is not married yet. He might be single. There are no rumors regarding his affairs with any lady. He is currently focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. He is living a single life happily without any disturbance. His sexual orientation is straight. He has not been seen with any lady till now and he is enjoying his single life a lot.
Body Measurement of Sardar Azmoun
Sardar Azmoun has an athletic body build. He has a charming smile which attracts a lot of people to him. He stands 6 feet 1 inch tall. He has a balanced weight of 143 lbs. Similarly, He has pairs of black eyes and black hair color. His other body measurement such as chest size and more will be updated soon. His body type is athletic.
Trivias About Sardar Azmoun You Need To Know.
- He serves as the forward for Rubin Kazan club and Iranian National team.
- He has earned 32 caps by now.
- He is Iran’s fifth highest goal scorer.
- His debut with the Iran national football team came in 2014.
- He is also a volleyball player and also played for Iran under 15 national volleyball team.
- In 2013, he joined Russian side Rubin Kazan and became first Iranian player to play for Russian premiere league.
- Arsenal offered £2 million to Kazan for the transfer of Azmoun and kazan rejected the offer.
- In 2018, he is selected for the 23 man squad of Iran’s national team to play FIFA World Cup.