Sasha Grey - Bio, Net Worth, Personal Life, Husband, Age, Family, Ethnic Background, Height, Weight, Facts, Parents, Awards, Career, Salary, Books
Sasha Grey is an American actress, model, writer, musician, and former pornographic actress. She started her acting career in the pornographic film industry. She made her film debut in 2009 as the lead in Steven Soderbergh's "The Girlfriend Experience" as well as she starred in independent films including "Open Windows", the Canadian black comedy horror film "Smash Cut" and the horror film "Would You Rather". In addition, she played a fictionalized version of herself in the HBO comedy-drama series "Entourage". Additionally, she was a co-founder, singer, and writer of aTelecine, an industrial music band. She released her first EP called "AVigillant Carpark" in 2009. In addition, she is the author of The Juliette Society trilogy of novels and also writes, directs, and co-produces films and music videos. She won 15 awards for her work in the pornographic film industry between 2007 and 2010, including the AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year in 2008. She began hosting a show on VENN called Grey Area in the year 2020. As a model, she has modeled for designer Max Azria’s ready-to-wear line called Manoukian, Forfex (Italian footwear brand), American Apparel, Richard Kern (for Vice magazine), and more.
What is Sasha Grey known for?
- Being an actress, model, writer, musician, and former pornographic actress.
- For appearing in adult films from May 2006 to 2009.
What Ethnicity is Sasha Grey?
Sasha Grey was born on 14th March 1998. She is from North Highlands, California, the United States. Her birth name is Marina Ann Hantzis. She holds American nationality and mixed (English- Greek- Polish- Irish- Scottish) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Pisces. Details about her parents name is still a mystery. Only the fact is known that her father was a Greek-American who worked as a mechanic and died in June 2015. Whereas, her mother is of English, Irish, and Polish descent. Her parents divorced before she started middle school and she was subsequently raised by her mother, who remarried in 2000. There is no information about her siblings.
Sasha attended Highlands High School from where she graduated at the age of 17. Then, she started attending Sacramento City College in Sacramento, California in late 2005 where she took classes in film, dance, and acting.
Sasha Grey Career Timeline
- Sasha's career began appearing in her first adult film "Fashionistas Safado: The Challenge" by John Stagliano.
- Within six months of entering into the adult film industry, she was noticed and the media appreciated her work.
- In February 2007, Grey appeared on "The Tyra Banks Show" and discussed teenagers working in the sex industry.
- Next, she starred in Dave Navarro's film "Broken" in 2008. In the same year, she announced that she would represent herself in the adult industry through her agency "L.A. Factory Girls".
- She also appeared in "Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge", which won in 15 categories at the 26th AVN Awards ceremony in 2009.
- She was the G4tv host in a two-hour documentary on Sexpo Australia for "Attack of the Show!" in 2009.
- Surprisingly, she has performed in around 190 adult films and also directed the films "Birthday Party" and "The Seduction" (2009).
- Her last adult film was at age 21 in 2009 and then, she announced her retirement from the industry on Facebook in April 2011.
- In 2011, CNBC named Grey as one of the 12 most popular stars in adult films.
- As a model, she appeared twice in Playboy, in a December 2009 pictorial, and as the cover feature in October 2010.
- She modeled for French fashion designer Max Azria's clothing line Manoukian, American Apparel, Falunt as well as she modeled for Richard Kern as a part of Vice magazine's anti-fashion layout and appeared in his book and in the three-part VBS.tv program Shot by Kern.
- She has modeled for artists James Jean, Zak Smith, Dave Naz, David Choe, and Frédéric Poincelet, who also created the artwork for her industrial music band aTelecine's ...And Six Dark Hours Pass album.
- In May 2010, she interviewed artist Terence Koh for BlackBook.
- Coming to her acting career, she appeared in a 2009 episode of James Gunn's "PG Porn" and made a cameo appearance in Dick Rude's 2010 independent film 'Quit'.
- She next starred in the 2009 Canadian low-budget black comedy/horror film "Smash Cut".
- Additionally, Sasha Grey ventured into mainstream acting and bagged the lead role in Steven Soderbergh's 2009 film "The Girlfriend Experience". Next, she played the Vulcan Chandra in the adult Star Trek parody "This Ain't Star Trek XXX" in the same year.
- She also played a fictionalized version of herself in the seventh season of the HBO series "Entourage".
- She played Raven in the thriller "I Melt With You" and co-starred in the 2012 horror thriller "Would You Rather".
- Moreover, she voiced the character Viola DeWynter in the 2011 video game Saints Row: The Third and reprised the role again in 2015 for Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell.
- In 2017, Sasha Grey and Danny Trejo starred in the arthouse thriller "Black Licorice".
- In the year 2008, Sasha started a music collaboration with Pablo St. Francis called aTelecine. The project's first EP, aVigillant Carpark, was released in 2009.
- In 2010, aTelecine released its first album, "...And Six Dark Hours Pass".
- She left the group in July 2013. She also covered Nico for the X-TG album "Desertshore" in 2012.
- Since 2010, she has regularly performed as a DJ and has published some of her mixes on SoundCloud.
- About her writing career, her photo book "Neü Sex" was released on March 29, 2011, and her second book, an erotic novel titled The Juliette Society, was released on May 9, 2013.
- In the year 2020, she began hosting a show on VENN called "Grey Area".
Rugby man, Paul Martin to fly out to Alabama to meet woman claiming to be Sasha Grey
A Rugby warehouse worker has packed his bags and is ready to fly to America to be at the hospital bed of top former porn star Sasha Grey. Paul Martin, 52, was also ready to send £1,700 to the Californian needed to save her life. No evidence was found that Mr Martin as actually speaking to Ms Grey or that she is fighting for her life in the UAB Hospital, Madison County, Alabama, as Mr Martin, from Rugby, has been informed. They have also been unable to contact the medic who sent a message to Paul saying: "Send £1,700 or she will die." He has been the unwitting victim of a porn scam, along with Ms Grey who has had her name used without her knowledge. Mr Martin still plans to fly to Alabama on Friday and has paid £600 for a flight. He also intended to launch a public appeal to raise cash for the life-saving medication needed to save the celebrity patient. He said: "She is very poorly, a blood disorder. Every moment counts. It's not like the NHS. She told me she's going to die." Ms Grey, who retired from the adult industry a decade ago has since starred in movies and written a best-selling novel series The Juliette Theory but why she would seek out a relationship with a man from Warwickshire is not a question pondered upon by Paul. Mr Martin said: "We just seemed to connect and have a good laugh," he said. "She was looking for a European boyfriend and I wanted something different. "Porn was her past. If you can't forgive someone, what are you supposed to do in life? She wanted to try it, she did it and she's now more mature. She's trying to get on day by day." On Friday night, the Sunday Mercuryagain urged Paul to show caution. He conceded: "Yes, it seems fishy, but I want to explore America before I die."
Sasha Grey Awards and Achievements
- Grey began her acting career in the pornographic film industry, winning 15 awards for her work between 2007 and 2010, including the AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year in 2008.
- Won Best Oral Sex Scene for Throat: A Cautionary Tale (2009)
- Best Anal Sex Scene for Anal Cavity Search 6 (2008)
- Female Performer of the Year, Best Oral Sex Scene – Video for Babysitters (2007)
- Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video for Boundaries (2007) at Adult Video News Awards
- Won Mainstream Adult Media Favorite
- Won Female Performer of the Year
- Won Best New Starlet at XRCO Award
- Won Penthouse Pet of the Month
- Won AVN Award for Female Performer of the Year
Is Sasha Grey Married or Dating Single?
Sasha Grey is not married yet but she was engaged once to Ian Cinnamon. She had a long-term romance with Ian Cinnamon from 2005 to 2013. The duo even got engaged but later decided to part ways in 2013. Then, she dated adult film star, Rachel Roxx in 2007. In 2008, she had a fling with actor Dave Navarro. Today, she is leading a single life. Her sexual orientation is bisexual.
How much is Sasha Grey Net Worth?
Sasha Grey is an actress, model, writer, musician by profession whose net worth is $3 Million as of 2022. She made her fortune from the adult movies she acted in, and from the TV movies and series, she's been appearing in. Her source of wealth is from her multi career via modeling career, acting career, writing career, and music industry. Further, she has modeled for designer Max Azria's ready-to-wear line called Manoukian, Forfex (Italian footwear brand), American Apparel, Richard Kern (for Vice magazine), and more. Today, she is living a lavish lifestyle from her earnings. Whereas she has not stated anything about her salary earnings to the media.
What is Sasha Grey Height and Weight?
Sasha Grey is a hot actress and model who stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches and she weighs around 52 Kg. She has a body measurement of 34-26-35 inches. Her bra size is 32B. Her hair color is dark brown and her eyes color is hazel. Her dress size is 6 (US) and her shoe size is 9 (US).
Trivias About Sasha Grey You Need To Know.
- Her birth name is Marina Ann Hantzis
- She is of mixed ethnicity.
- Her birth sign is Pisces.
- Her career began appearing in her first adult film "Fashionistas Safado: The Challenge" by John Stagliano.
- For October 2010 issue, Sasha was on the cover of Playboy magazine.
- She is also a Disc Jockey (DJ) in Canada and the United States.