Facts About Satya Nadella
|55 Years Old
|Satya Narayana Nadella
|Place Of Birth
|Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Bukkapuram Nadella Yugandhar
|University of Chicago Booth School of Busines
|Source of Wealth
|Business executive career
|$40 million per year
|5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
|64 kg or 141 lbs
|Salt and pepper
|Wikipedia Twitter Instagram
Satya Narayana Nadella is an Indian-born American business executive who is professionally known as Satya Nadella. He is well recognized for being the executive chairman and CEO of Microsoft, succeeding Steve Ballmer in 2014 as CEO and John W. Thompson in 2021 as chairman. He previously served as the Executive Vice President of Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise division. His life changed completely after he joined the IT giant 'Microsoft'. Slowly but steadily he grabbed bigger opportunities at the enterprise and went on to manage several divisions of the company. As well, Nadella was awarded Padma Bhushan in 2022 which is the third-highest civilian award in India by the Government of India.
- Being an Indian-born American business executive.
- For being the executive chairman and CEO of Microsoft.
Where is Satya Nadella From?
Satya Nadella opened his eyes for the very first time on 19th August 1967 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. He was born with the real name of Satya Narayana Nadella in the Indian Nationality family. He came from an Asian ethnic background and he is of Hindu religion. Satya has celebrated his 54th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Capricorn. Thus, his race is black. His mother Prabhavati Nadella was a Sanskrit lecturer and his father, Bukkapuram Nadella Yugandhar, was an Indian Administrative Service officer of the 1962 batch.
Regarding Satya's education, he attended the Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet before receiving a bachelor's in electrical engineering from the Manipal Institute of Technology in Karnataka in 1988. He then traveled to the U.S. to study for an M.S. in computer science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, receiving his degree in 1990. Later, he received an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in 1997.
Success Story of Satya Nadella
- Satya Nadella kicks off his career working at Sun Microsystems as a member of its technology staff before joining Microsoft in 1992 after which he worked as the senior vice-president of research and development (R&D) for the Online Services Division and vice-president of the Microsoft Business Division.
- Then, he was made the president of Microsoft's $19 billion Server and Tools Business and led a transformation of the company's business and technology culture from client services to cloud infrastructure and services.
- He was announced as the new CEO of Microsoft on 4th February 2014 and his tenure at Microsoft has emphasized working with companies and technologies with which Microsoft also competes, including Apple Inc., Salesforce, IBM, and Dropbox.
- He also has transformed Microsoft's corporate culture into one that emphasizes continuous learning and growth whereas his first acquisition with Microsoft was of Mojang in 2014.
- Subsequently, Nadella became CEO, Microsoft stock had tripled by September 2018, with a 27% annual growth rate.
Awards and Achievements
- In 2018, Nadella was a Time 100 honoree. In 2019, Nadella was named Financial Times Person of the Year and Fortune magazine Businessperson of the Year.
- In 2020, he was recognized as Global Indian Business Icon at CNBC-TV18's India Business Leader Awards in Mumbai.
- In 2022, he was awarded Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India by the Government of India.
- Hit Refresh: The quest to rediscover Microsoft's soul and imagine a better future for everyone
Who is Satya Nadella's wife?
Satya Nadella is a married man. He tied a knot with his pretty wife Anupama, the daughter of his father's IAS batchmate in 1992. Anupama was his junior at Manipal pursuing a B.Arch in the Faculty of Architecture. The couple has three children, a son, and two daughters, and live in Clyde Hill and Bellevue, Washington. Sadly, Nadella's son Zain Nadella died Monday morning, Microsoft Corp said. The executive staff was informed through an email about this and was asked to keep the family in their thoughts and prayers and give them space to grieve. "I remember the year 1996 as a thrilling time. My wife, Anu, was 25 and I was 29. My career as an engineer was taking off, while she was building her career as an architect. We were far from our families in India, but settling into our new life together in the Seattle area. Even more exciting, however, was that Anu was pregnant with our first child. In the apartment we were renting next to the Microsoft campus, we spent months busily preparing for his arrival decorating a nursery, putting plans in place for Anu to return to her career, envisioning how our weekends and holidays would change …. We were ready to add a new joy to our life," Satya Nadella wrote in a blog.
On the journey of Zain, he has written that "One night, during the thirty-sixth week of her pregnancy, Anu noticed that the baby was not moving as much as she was accustomed to. So we went to the emergency room of a local hospital in Bellevue. We thought it would be just a routine checkup, little more than new parent anxiety. In fact, I distinctly remember feeling annoyed by the wait times we experienced in the emergency room. But upon examination, the doctors were alarmed enough to order an emergency cesarean section. Zain was born at 11:29 p.m. on August 13, 1996, all of three pounds. He did not cry." "..... Little did I know then how profoundly our lives would change. Over the course of the next couple of years, we learned more about the damage caused by in utero asphyxiation, and how Zain would require a wheelchair and be reliant on us because of severe cerebral palsy. I was devastated," he has written in the blog. Furthermore, talking about Satya's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Satya Nadella Net Worth?
Satya Nadella is a talented guy who has a net worth of $350 million as of 2022. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $40 million per year. He oversaw the purchase of professional network LinkedIn in 2016 for $26.2 billion. On October 26, 2018, Microsoft acquired GitHub for US$7.5 billion. In 2013, his base salary was reported $669,167. Including stock bonuses, the total compensation stood at around $7.6 million. In addition, Satya's major source of income is from his business executive career.
What is the height of Satya Nadella?
Satya Nadella stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 64 kg or 141 lbs. He has black eyes and short salt and pepper hair color. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Satya Nadella You Need To Know.
- He previously served as the Executive Vice President of Microsoft's Cloud and Enterprise division.
- He was appointed CEO of Microsoft in February 2014.
- He earned his MBA from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago and worked for Sun Microsystems.
- From when he took over Microsoft's Cloud Services in 2011 to June 2013, revenue jumped from $16.6 billion to $20.3 billion.
- He succeeded Steve Ballmer as the CEO of Microsoft.