Savannah Guthrie Salary: How much does Today Show anchor Savannah Guthrie make a year?
Savannah Guthrie is a journalist and attorney by profession who has garnered a net worth of $30 Million throughout her career. She has spent a notable amount of time in the journalism field. She is undoubtedly one of the talented personalities of the modern journalism industry. Day–to–day, she has been capturing the attention of much more public. Most of all, she is liked for her charming and ever-happy expressions. Coming to her annual salary, she is making $8 Million per year. Starting her career in 1993 by joining ABC affiliate KMIZ, now, she is the main co-anchor of the NBC News morning show "Today" alongside Hoda Kotb after the departure of Matt Lauer. He left the show following accusations of sexual misconduct. Her former co-host, Matt Lauer earned $25 million annually as per the report. Her main source of wealth is from her journalism career. Talking about her assets and real estate, Savannah's husband, Michael Feldman bought a condo in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City for $3.5 million. In the year 2017, it was reported that the couple was listing the property on the real estate market with an asking price of $5.995 million. According to the outlet, the 2,691 square foot property boasts three bedrooms, four bathrooms, and an office. The couple also shares a property outside of the city. She told the publication, "We have a place in Rhinebeck, New York. It's not a long drive, but with kids, two hours is an eternity".
Who is Savannah Guthrie?
Born on 27th December 1971, Savannah Guthrie is an Australian-born American broadcast journalist and attorney. She is renowned for being the main co-anchor of the NBC News morning show "Today" since July 2012. Previously, she joined NBC News in September 2007 as a legal analyst and correspondent, regularly reporting on trials throughout the country. What's more, she has even served as a White House correspondent between 2008 and 2011 as well as a co-anchor of the MSNBC program "The Daily Rundown" in 2010 and 2011. She was announced as the co-host of "Today"'s third hour alongside Natalie Morales and Al Roker.
The 49-years-old, Savannah Guthrie was born at the Maternity Ward of Sandringham Hospital in Sandringham, Victoria, an affluent beachside town located 16 km (10 mi) southeast of Melbourne's central business district, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. After her birth, her family moved back to the United States who were in Australia for her father's work. Her birth name is Savannah Clark Guthrie. She holds American-Australian nationality and her ethnicity is Australian-White. Her birthdate falls under the Capricorn zodiac sign. She is the daughter of her father, Charles Guthrie, and her mother, Nancy Guthrie. She grew up with her two siblings namely Camron Guthrie and Annie Guthrie. Savannah attended Amphitheater High School. She then went to the University of Arizona and graduated with a B.A. in journalism in the year 1993. She also became a member of the Arizona Alpha Chapter of Pi Beta Phi. She received a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center, where she graduated magna cum laude in 2002.
What does Savannah Guthrie do for a living?
- Savannah Guthrie's very first job was at ABC affiliate KMIZ, in Columbia, Missouri where she worked there for a couple of years and then started a job with NBC affiliate KVOA in 1995 for five years.
- Her next job was at WRC-TV, Washington, D.C. where she covered major stories including the September 11, 2001, attack on The Pentagon, and the 2001 anthrax attacks.
- After that, she worked for the law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld serving as a litigation associate, specializing in white-collar criminal defense. She also became a national trial correspondent for CourtTV in the year 2004.
- Savannah rose to fame after she joined "NBC News" as a correspondent in September 2007. There, she covered Sarah Palin's 2008 vice-presidential race from many parts of the nation. On 18th 2007, she was announced White House Correspondent for NBC News. She is also an NBC News anchor and substitutes anchor on NBC Nightly News. She worked as a White House Correspondent from 2008-2011.
- She also was a co-anchor of the MSNBC program "The Daily Rundown" from 2010-2011. She got her career breakthrough in May 2011 after she got announced as the co-host on NBC's "The Today Show". She made her first appearance on the show as a co-host on July 9, 2012, alongside Matt Lauer.
- In 2011, she interviewed Donald Trump where Trump discussed his role in the Barack Obama "birther" controversy. After Matt Leur left the show on 29th November 2017, Savannah has been the main co-anchor of the show.
- Since 2012, she has hosted the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC and the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting.
- She was included in Time's list of 100 most influential people of 2018.
- In the year 2020, she conducted another interview with then-President Donald Trump during his re-election campaign in 2020 election amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Besides her journalism career, she was a commentator in the first 4 episodes of season 1 of TruTV Presents: World's Dumbest....
- She appeared as herself in the 2013 series finale of the NBC sitcom "30 Rock". As well as she appeared in the 2015 film "Sharknando 3: Oh Hell No!". She is the author of two children's books: "Princesses wear Pants" and "Princesses Save the World".
- As of February 2021, she was announced to be an interim guest host of "Jeopardy!" following the death of host Alex Trebek. Her episodes aired June 14-25, 2021.
How much is Savannah Guthrie worth?
Savannah Guthrie is a journalist, attorney, TV personality, as well as author by profession who has earned a good amount of money from her professional career as a journalist. She is best known for functioning for NBC News and staying as a co-anchor of "The Today Show" since the year 2012. As of 2021, Guthrie's net worth is believed to have $30 Million.
Whereas her husband, Michael Feldman's net worth is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2021. Feldman is an American public relations and communications consultant and a former Democratic political adviser. Back then, Feldman worked for former Vice President Al Gore, serving "in various leadership roles on behalf of Vice President Gore, including the senior advisor and traveling chief of staff". He then went on to form The Glover Park Group – a communications group that "provides filmmakers with marketing advice for topical and controversial films".
What is Savannah Guthrie's salary?
When it comes to Savannah Guthrie's salary and career earnings, she makes most of her income with her career as a journalist and as a lawyer. Today, she is making an annual salary of $8 Million. She is one of those female celebs who possess the skills to broadcast and work as a journalist. Her salary is, undoubtedly, expected to continue growing due to her remarkable job on the network, especially on Today and NBC New shows. Likewise, her spouse, Michael Feldman's annual salary is $3,345,920 at present.