Last updated on September 21st, 2021 at 11:05 am
Facts About Scott Sinclair
|Celebrated Name||Scott Sinclair|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Scott Andrew Sinclair|
|Place Of Birth||Bath, England|
|Father||Martin Sinclair, Sr.|
|School||Ralph Allen School|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Salary||2.08 million GBP per year|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm|
|Weight||69 kg or 152 lbs|
|Body Measurement||39-14-33 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Current Team||Preston North End|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Scott Andrew Sinclair, known as Scott Sinclair is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger for the EFL Championship club Preston North End with a shirt number 31. He made his professional soccer debut while playing for Bristol Rovers against Leyton Orient in the League Two game in December 2004. He played for Chelsea F.C. from 2005-2010 before he was loaned to several other teams. He signed with Manchester City from 2012-2015 and was subsequently loaned to West Bromwich Albion and Aston Villa. He signed with Celtic in 2016. Scott started his youth career with Bath Arsenal, playing for the Bristol Rovers from ages nine to fifteen whereas he also participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics, helping Great Britain's national team defeat the United Arab Emirates 3-1 in a 29th July match. Moreover, on 8th January 2020, Sinclair signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with EFL Championship club Preston North End.
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing as a winger for EFL Championship club Preston North End.
What is Scott Sinclair Real Name?
Scott Sinclair was born on 25th March 1989 with the real name of Scott Andrew Sinclair in Bath, England. He is of British nationality and he belongs to British-black ethnicity. His religious belief is in the Christian religion. Scott has celebrated his 32nd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birth date, his zodiac sign is Aries. Thus, his race is black. He is the son of Martin Sinclair, Sr. (father), and Sally Edgell (mother). He has two siblings, an older brother, Martin Sinclair, Jr who is a member of the Great Britain Paralympic 7-a-side soccer team, and a younger brother, Jake Sinclair who is also a professional soccer player.
Moving to Scott's education, he attended Ralph Allen School.
What does Scott Sinclair do for a living?
- Scott Sinclair kicks off his football career with Bath Arsenal and grew up supporting Manchester United whereas he signed with Chelsea in July 2005 and was called up to Chelsea's squad to play Macclesfield Town in the FA Cup on 6th January 2007 but remained on the bench.
- Then his debut came four days later as a very late substitute in the 2007 League Cup semi-final against Wycombe Wanderers and scored his first goal for Chelsea in September 2007, in the 37th minute of the League Cup third-round match against Hull City to help Chelsea win 4-0 as well as he provided the assist for Frank Lampard's 100th goal for Chelsea, in a 3-1 victory over Huddersfield Town in the FA Cup.
- On 6th May 2007, he made his league debut for Chelsea when he came off the bench to replace Shaun Wright-Phillips for the final ten minutes of the game against Arsenal.
- He was signed on a month's loan by Plymouth Argyle during the January transfer window and he made his debut as a substitute in the 3-2 victory over Coventry City at Home Park.
- He scored a fine individual goal to seal a 2-0 victory in his second game, the FA Cup fourth-round tie against Barnet. He also scored against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux to put Plymouth 1-0 up in the game, which they drew 2-2.
- Sinclair scored the second goal on 17th February 2007, with a looping header from a David Norris cross, as Argyle defeated Derby County 2-0 in their FA Cup fifth-round tie.
- Also, he played in the quarter-final, but Plymouth went down 1-0 to Watford and he was substituted in the second half of the game.
- Later he was named in the Chelsea squad to face Arsenal in one of Chelsea's most crucial matches of the season on 6th May 2007: anything but a win would have handed Manchester United the Premier League title.
- He made his first start for Chelsea in the following Premier League game, against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, and suffered a broken metatarsal after a challenge from Wes Brown.
- Then on 15th August 2007, he signed a new four-year deal and made his first appearance as a late substitute in the 2007 FA Community Shield against Manchester United.
- He scored his first senior goal for the club in a 4-0 win against Hull City in the League Cup on 25th September whereas he played four times for Chelsea on his return, before going out on loan again in February 2008.
- He joined Charlton Athletic on loan until the end of the season on 28th February and then joined Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season on 27th March.
- Sinclair was handed the number 16 for Chelsea on 8th August 2008 and he was the second-youngest player in the Chelsea first team for the season.
- He made his first league appearance of the season at Middlesbrough on 18th October in Chelsea's 5-0 win and joined Championship club Birmingham City on loan for an initial period of one month in January 2009, which was later extended to the remainder of the 2008-2009 season. He made 14 appearances for the club and returned to Chelsea on 4th May.
- On 4th August 2009, he joined Premier League club Wigan Athletic on loan for the 2009-2010 season and scored his first goal for Wigan in a 2-1 defeat at Hull City on 3rd October, and his second, again against Hull, in the FA Cup on 2nd January 2010.
- Sinclair signed a three-year deal with Swansea City on 9th August 2010 for a £500,000 fee where he made his debut in a 4-0 win against Preston North End on 14th August, during which he had a goal disallowed.
- He scored his first goal for the club against Tranmere Rovers in the League Cup, and his first League goal for Swansea was scored on 28th August in the 1-0 home win against recently relegated Burnley.
- On 21st September, he scored his first career hat-trick in a 3-1 League Cup win against Peterborough United as well as in a "pulsating" match against Reading, Scott scored a hat-trick that included two penalties as Swansea won 4-2.
- He scored Swansea's first Premier League goal on 17th September 2011 with a penalty in a 3-0 win against West Bromwich Albion and became Swansea's main penalty taker.
- He scored against his former club Chelsea, in a game that ended in a 1-1 draw on 31st January 2012 and after scoring 13 penalties since joining the club, his streak ended on 15 March when Manchester City's Joe Hart saved his attempt.
- Later it was confirmed on 17th August that Scott would not be signing a new deal with the club as he scored in a substitute appearance as Swansea beat Queens Park Rangers 5-0 at Loftus Road on the opening day of the 2012-2013 season.
- Scott signed a four-year contract with champions Manchester City on 31st August 2012 where he was given the number 11 shirt and made his debut on 15th September, playing 74 minutes of a 1-1 draw away to Stoke City.
- He made only one further start all season, away at Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League group stage on 4th December, with both teams' final position already decided.
- On 21st April 2013, his final appearance of the season came as an 83rd-minute substitute in a 3-1 loss away to Tottenham Hotspur.
- He also joined West Bromwich Albion on 22nd August 2013 on a season-long loan, with the option to complete a permanent deal, and played regularly at the start of the season before a hamstring injury kept him out until December.
- Sinclair joined Aston Villa for the remainder of the season on loan on 30th January 2015 and made his debut in a 5-0 defeat at Arsenal on 1st February, replacing Andreas Weimann after 65 minutes.
- He scored his first goal for Villa after 89 minutes of a 2-1 win in the fifth round of the FA Cup against Leicester City on 15 February, and six days later, scored their only goal in a 2-1 defeat at home to Stoke City. He scored again in Villa's 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final victory over local rivals West Brom.
- It was announced on 19th May 2015 that he would be joining on a permanent basis at the end of the season for an undisclosed fee, reported as £2.5 million, signing a four-year contract.
- He scored a hat-trick against Notts County in a 5-3 victory for the home side in the second round of the League Cup on 25th August 2015 and he scored both goals for Villa in a 2-2 draw with Sunderland four days later in the Premier League.
- Scott signed a four-year deal with Scottish Premiership champions Celtic on 7th August 2016 and made his debut later that day, coming on as a substitute for Stuart Armstrong against Hearts, and scored the winner in the 81st minute, slotting in Leigh Griffiths' cross to put Celtic 2-1 ahead.
- He became the first Celtic player since Jimmy McGrory in 1922 to score in each of his first five league matches on 18th September.
- On 2nd April 2017, he scored his first Celtic hat-trick as the Hoops beat Hearts 5-0 at Tynecastle to wrap up a sixth consecutive Scottish league title.
- As well, he was voted Player of the Year and Player's Player of the Year at Celtic's Player of the Year Awards on 30th April.
- He later ended his debut season with 25 goals, making him the club's second top scorer behind Moussa Dembele, who scored 32 goals.
- Celtic exercised a clause in Sinclair's contract to keep him at the club for a further season in May 2019.
Preston North End
- Scott signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with EFL Championship club Preston North End on 8th January 2020.
- Scott Sinclair was selected for the England under-19s for their matches during October 2007, but, together with Andy Carroll and Ryan Bertrand, he was sent home after breaking a team curfew.
- Scott was called up for the England under-21s for their friendly against the German under-21s on 12th November 2010 where he earned his first cap playing in this friendly where England lost 2-0.
- He was named in the England squad for the European Under-21 Championship in May 2011.
Great Britain Olympic
- Scott was named in Stuart Pearce's 18-man squad for the 2012 Summer Olympics on 2nd July 2012. He scored the second goal in Team GB's second game of the tournament, against the United Arab Emirates.
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Championship runner-up: 2008-2009
- Football League Championship play-offs: 2011
- FA Cup runner-up: 2014-2015
- Scottish Premiership: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- Scottish Cup: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- Scottish League Cup: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- PFA Team of the Year: 2010-2011 Championship
- Celtic Supporters' Player of the Year: 2016-2017
- Celtic Players' Player of the Year: 2016-2017
- PFA Scotland Players' Player of the Year: 2016-2017
- SFWA Footballer of the Year: 2016-2017
- PFA Scotland Team of the Year: 2016-2017 Scottish Premiership
- Preston North End on 08/01/2020
- Preston North End on 01/07/2019
- Celtic on 07/08/2016 for 4.1M €
- Aston Villa on 01/07/2015 for 3.5M €
- Manchester City on 30/06/2015 at the end of the loan
- Aston Villa on 30/01/2015
- Manchester City on 31/05/2014 at the end of the loan
- West Bromwich Albion on 22/08/2013 for 2.3M € Loan
- Manchester City on 31/08/2012 for 7.8M €
- Swansea City on 09/08/2010 for 600k €
- Chelsea on 31/05/2010 at the end of the loan
- Wigan Athletic on 06/08/2009
- Chelsea on 25/05/2009 at the end of the loan
- Birmingham City on 06/01/2009
- Chelsea on 14/05/2008 at the end of the loan
- Crystal Palace on 27/03/2008
- Chelsea on 26/03/2008 at the end of the loan
- Charlton Athletic on 28/02/2008
- Chelsea on 16/12/2007 at the end of the loan
- Queens Park Rangers on 06/11/2007
- Chelsea on 01/07/2007
- Plymouth Argyle on 21/01/2007 From Chelsea U18 for loan
To whom Scott Sinclair Engaged?
Scott Sinclair is an unmarried footballer. He became engaged to his beautiful partner Helen Flanagan on 31st May 2018. Helen is an actress. The pair is blessed with two daughters and one son. "Me and Scott have been together since 2009, we've been together forever," Flanagan said on the ITV show. "We've kind of done things the wrong way around. We've had three children first. "The thing is, we're really excited about the wedding but it's something to look forward to as well, we've had our children first. "Everything's just so uncertain, everybody's going to get married in 2022 if we get the go-ahead to have weddings abroad, so I think it'll be super busy. So it might be 2023, but I am really excited to plan that." Concerning Scott's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Scott Sinclair Net Worth?
Scott Sinclair has a net worth of $8 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is also around 2.08 million GBP per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years. His highest market value was €10.00mas of 9th September 2012 whereas his current market value is €1.50m as of 30th June 2021. Sinclair also has had a personal endorsement deal with Nike, under which he has to wear their shoes and other accessories. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Scott Sinclair?
Scott Sinclair has an ideal height of 5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 69 kg or 152 lbs. He has an athletic body build with 39-14-33 inches of body measurement. Scott has black hair and dark brown eyes color. He has done blonde highlights in his hair in the past.
Trivias About Scott Sinclair You Need To Know.
- Scott signed with Manchester City from 2012-2015 and was subsequently loaned to West Bromwich Albion and Aston Villa.
- He signed with Celtic in 2016.
- He began his youth career with Bath Arsenal, playing for the Bristol Rovers from ages nine to fifteen.
- He participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics, helping Great Britain's national team defeat the United Arab Emirates 3-1 in a July 29 match.
- He and Jordan Henderson both played for the England U21 team in 2011.