Facts About Sean Lee
|Celebrated Name||Sean Lee|
|Age||36 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Sean Lee|
|Birth Name||Sean Patrick Lee|
|Place Of Birth||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Siblings||21st December 2020|
|High School||Upper St. Clair High School|
|College / University||Penn State College|
|Awards||2007 Alamo Bowl Defensive MVP and more|
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
Sean Patrick Lee famed as Sean Lee is a former American football linebacker who announced his retirement on 26th April 2021 after playing his entire 11-year professional career with the Dallas Cowboys. Initially, he was selected by the Cowboys in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. On 23rd June 2010, the Cowboys signed Lee to a four-year, $3.49 million contract that included $1.71 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.20 million. Then, on 24th August 2013, the Dallas Cowboys signed Lee to a six-year, $42 million contract extension that included $16.13 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $10 million. He has been coached by Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips as a member of the Cowboys. He made two Pro Bowls and the 2016 All-Pro Team.
Sean Lee retires after 11 seasons
After 11 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, linebacker Sean Lee has decided to retire. A second-round pick in 2010 out of Penn State, Lee was a two-time Pro Bowl selection (2015, 2016) and the unquestioned leader of the defense for most of his career. "It's been a complete honor," Lee told ESPN. "I've been blessed to play for the incredible Jones family, with such great coaches and teammates that I love like brothers. I loved every minute of playing and tried to pour my heart and soul into winning and helping my teammates at all costs. He was credited with 995 tackles for his career, good for eighth in team history. He averaged 8.4 tackles per game, the most among the top 10 tacklers in team history. Darren Woodson, who is the franchise leader with 1,350, averaged 7.6 tackles per game.
- Being a former American football linebacker.
- Being the player for Dallas Cowboys for 11 years.
What is the Nationality of Sean Lee?
On 22nd July 1986, Sean Lee was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the USA. He holds American nationality and he came from American-White ethnic background. Thus, his race is White. His real name/birth name is Sean Patrick Lee. His parents are Craig Lee (father) and Geralyn Lee (mother). He also has two siblings; his older brother Conor was the placekicker for the University of Pittsburgh and his sister Alexandra was a student-athlete at Upper St. Clair High School. What's more, he is a grandson of Federal Judge Donald J. Lee of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. As of 2020, Sean celebrated his 34th birthday with his family. His Zodiac sign is Cancer and he is Christian by religion.
About his education, Sean Lee attended Upper St. Clair High School and later attended Penn State College.
How was the Football Career of Sean Lee?
- At Upper St. Clair High School, Lee rushed for 1,240 yards and 21 touchdowns while registering 95 tackles and four interceptions as a safety for an 11-1 squad his senior year. Then, he went to Penn State for college football starting outside linebacker for coach Joe Paterno's Nittany Lions for two consecutive seasons.
- For his professional career, Lee was chosen by the Dallas Cowboys in the second round (55th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. However, he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles. He was the fourth linebacker selected in the draft.
- On 23rd June 2010, the Cowboys signed Lee to a four-year, $3.49 million contract that included $1.71 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.20 million. He was the first Cowboys player in franchise history to win the NFC Defensive Player of the Month award.
- In the eighth game of the 2011 season, he could not play due to a wrist injury.
- His 2012 season ended becoming one of the defensive leaders, leading the team with 131 tackles and tying for the team lead in interceptions (four) and tackles for loss (eight). He injured his right big toe while playing against the Carolina Panthers.
- The Dallas Cowboys extended his contract to a six-year, $42 million contract extension that included $16.13 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $10 million.
- He finished his 2015 season with 128 tackles (led the team), 2.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss (led the team), 6 quarterback pressures, one interception, and 5 passes defended.
- He was also ranked 79th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2017 ending the 2017 season with 100 tackles and the 2018 season with 30 tackles and 0.5 sacks.
- Then, he re-signed with the Cowboys on a one-year deal on 24th March 2020 finishing the season with 20 tackles in nine games.
- Recently, he announced his retirement on 26th April 2021.
Career Awards and Achievements
- 2× Pro Bowl (2015, 2016)
- First-team All-Pro (2016)
- 2× Second-team All-Big Ten (2007, 2009)
College Awards and Honors
- 2010 Capital One Bowl Champion
- 2009 Penn State Nittany Lions football team Captain
- 2007 Alamo Bowl Champion
- 2007 Alamo Bowl Defensive MVP
- 2007 Pro Football Weekly All-American
- Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week after his effort in the Florida International game on 1st September 2007, and again following Penn State's 31-6 victory over Temple on 19th September 2009.
- Named Big Ten co-Defensive Player of the Week with Ohio State's James Laurinaitis following his efforts in the Purdue game on 3rd November 2007.
Who is Sean Lee married to?
Sean Lee is a married man. He married his beautiful wife, Megan. Their wedding took place on 22nd July 2014. There is no information about their kids as they have not revealed anything about their personal life details to the media. The duo is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Sean Lee Net Worth?
Being active for eleven years in the football career, Sean Lee retired on 26th April 2021. He has made a huge amount of money during his career timeline. As per sources, the net worth of Sean Lee is estimated to have $60 Million. His career earning is $51,145,578 including his endorsement deals. Before his retirement, the Sean Lee contract was for one year worth $450,000 with the Dallas Cowboys. This included a signing bonus worth $1,000,000, along with a guaranteed $2,000,000. His source of wealth comes from his football career.
How tall is Sean Lee?
With an athletic body build, Sean Lee stands tall at the tall and perfect height of 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m). His well-maintained body weight consists of 245 lb (111 kg). His hair color is brown and his eye color is also the same. His arms size is 32 in.
Trivias About Sean Lee You Need To Know.
- Sean Lee was selected by the Cowboys in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
- He has been coached by Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips as a member of the Cowboys.
- He made two Pro Bowls and the 2016 All-Pro Team.
- After 11 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, linebacker Sean Lee has decided to retire.
- His real name/birth name is Sean Patrick Lee.
- He is a grandson of Federal Judge Donald J. Lee of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.