Last updated on August 15th, 2023 at 12:00 am
Facts About Sean Taylor
|Celebrated Name||Sean Taylor|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sean Michael Maurice Taylor|
|Place Of Birth||Florida City, Florida|
|High School||Miami Killian High School|
|University||University of Miami|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Death Date||27th November 2007|
|Cause Of Death||Gunshot|
|Salary||between $400,000 and $600,000|
|Net Worth||$30 Mllion|
|Famous For||Being the best in the position of Safety|
Sean Michael Maurice Taylor famed as Sean Taylor is an American football player who was a free safety for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL) for four seasons. He was a very talented player. He played college football for the University of Miami and was also a member of the Hurricanes' 2001 BCS National Championship team. He had received many All-American honors. He received Pro-Bowl selections in 2006 and 2007 and was a First Team All-Pro in 2007. His playing position was Safety. He was nicknamed as Meast.
Gossips and Rumors
Sean Taylor Remembered By NFL Players & Fans On 11-Year Anniversary Of His Death. 11 year ago today, Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor passed away after being shot during a home invasion at his Miami home 10 days earlier. The 24-year old star's sudden death shocked the sports world to it's core as he was only scratching the surface of his potential. In honor of the 11-year anniversary of Taylor's death, NFL teams, players and fans have taken to social media today to remember the legendary safety whose time came to an end far too soon.
- Being the best in the position of Safety.
Early Life of Sean
On 1st April 1983, Sean Taylor was born in Florida City, Florida with the birth name of Sean Michael Maurice Taylor. His nationality is American. He was born to Pedro Taylor and Donna Junor. His father was a policeman. He spent his early years growing up with his great-grandmother Aulga Clarke in Homestead, Florida and later moved to his father's home at the age of 11. There is no any information regarding his siblings.
Talking about his education, he attended Miami Killian High School but later transferred to Gulliver Preparatory School. He attended the University of Miami.
Body Features of Sean
Sean Taylor has got an athletic as well as muscular body build. He has got a very attractive personality. He has a tall height of 6 ft 2 in. He has a balanced and healthy weight of 231 lb. With his charming smile, he used to attract many people towards him. His other body measurement will be updated soon.
Death of Sean
On 27th November 2007, Sean Taylor left this world at the age of 24 in Miami, Florida from critical injuries from a gunshot by intruders at his Miami area home. His death led to an outpouring of national support and sympathy, especially in the Washington, D.C. area. His 2007 selections were awarded after his death. He was shot in the upper leg by an intruder. He had extensive blood loss through a severed femoral artery and he died on November 27. His girlfriend, Jackie, and their daughter were not injured. Four men were arrested named Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera, Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 19; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18. All four men were charged with felony second-degree murder, armed burglary and home invasion robbery with a firearm, charges which carried a maximum of life in prison.
Career of Sean
- Sean started his career from his high school. He played both offense and defense.
- He also helped Gulliver High School to win the Florida Class 2A State Championship in 2000 with a 14-1 record.
- He was a star on both sides of the ball during that season, playing running back, defensive back and linebacker.
- He was also named to the Florida High School Association All-Century Team, which selected the Top 33 players in the 100-year history of high school football in the state in the year 2007.
- He recruited to play for coach Larry Coker's Miami Hurricanes football team at the University of Miami.
- He started his 2001 season as a freshman. He was also named Big East Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance against the Pittsburgh Panthers.
- The Hurricanes won the national championship in the year 2001.
- In his 2002 season, he led all Miami defensive backs in tackles, interceptions and passes broken up, and had a career-high 11 tackles (2 solos) and intercepted 2 passes in the Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State.
- In his 2003 season, he was named a unanimous first-team All-American, the Big East Conference Defensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation's best defensive back.
- Later, he announced that he was entering the NFL draft.
- He was selected by Washington Redskins in the first round (fifth overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft.
- He was signed by Washington Redskins to a 6-year contract with a fee of $18.5 Million on 27th July 2004.
- He made his professional NFL debut in the Redskins' preseason-opener as part of their second unit defense against the Denver Broncos on 9th August 2004.
- He made his professional regular season debut in the Washington Redskins' season-opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and assisted on one tackle in their 16-10 victory.
- He started the Washington Redskins season-opener of 2005 against the Chicago Bears and recorded four solo tackles and broke up a pass in their 9-7 victory.
- He collected a season-high ten combined tackles (eight solos) and deflected a pass during a 25-22 loss to the Tennessee Titans on 15th October 2006.
- At the time of his death, he was tied for the most interceptions in the National Football Conference and second in the league with 5 despite having missed Weeks 11 and 12 with a knee injury.
- He was posthumously voted to his second Pro Bowl, becoming the first deceased player in NFL history to be elected to the Pro Bowl on 18th December 2007.
Affairs of Sean
Sean may be married or unmarried. He has not spoken about his love life to the media. But he was in a relationship with his long-time girlfriend Jackie Garcia. The couple was living a very happy life together with their 18-month-old daughter before his death.
Net worth of Sean
The net worth of this famous player is estimated to have $30 Million at the time of his death. He earn between $400,000 and $600,000 per year. The NFL salary cap is nearly $175 million. He was earning a good amount of money from his career.
Trivias About Sean Taylor You Need To Know.
- He spent his early years growing up with his great-grandmother Aulga Clarke in Homestead, Florida and late moved to his father's home at the age of 11.
- His 2007 selections were awarded after his death.
- He received Pro-Bowl selections in 2006 and 2007 and was a First Team All-Pro in 2007.