Sebastian Larsson - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married Wife, Salary, Contract, Transfer News, Nationality, Position, Family, Parents, Height, Facts, Wiki
A Swedish professional footballer, Bengt Ulf Sebastian Larsson is professionally known as Sebastian Larsson. He plays as a midfielder for Allsvenskan club AIK and the Sweden national team whereas he came up through Arsenal's youth system and was promoted to the senior squad in 2004. Sebastian's shirt number is 7 for both, AIK and Sweden national teams. He also helped lead Birmingham City to a Football League Cup in 2011. As well, in October 2007, he received his first call-up to the Sweden squad for the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying games against Liechtenstein and Northern Ireland. He made his debut for Sweden in February 2008, playing the whole 90 minutes of a friendly draw against Turkey in Istanbul. He will play for the Sweden national team against Slovakia on 18th June 2021 in UEFA Euro 2020.
Sebastian Larsson keeps on running for himself and his teammates
There was a moment towards the end of Sweden's draw against Spain on Monday when Sebastian Larsson got the ball near his own penalty area. Throughout the game, he was immediately put under pressure. The options were limited and the Sweden captain decided that he and the team needed a free-kick. Larsson has admitted he would like to have the speed of his younger self but also says he has become more astute. There may not be that many darting runs into the opponent's penalty area any longer but he is very aware of how and where he runs. It is far from a headless chicken approach. "I am sure it is important to run a lot but I am focused on high-intense sprints during a game," he told Aftonbladet once. "The fact that when you run you do it properly. I am not the fastest but I can run often and at high speed and then recover. And then do it again."
- Being a Swedish professional footballer.
- For playing as a midfielder for Allsvenskan club AIK and the Sweden national team.
What is the Nationality of Sebastian Larsson?
Born on 6th June 1985, Sebastian Larsson holds Swedish nationality and he belongs to Swedish-white ethnic background. He took birth in Eskilstuna, Sweden under the zodiac sign of Gemini. His religion is Christian and his race is white. Larsson's present age is 36 as he recently celebrated his 36th birthday in 2021. He is the son of his father, Svante Larsson and his mother, Madelene Larsson. His father is also a professional football player. He is the younger brother of a fellow professional footballer, Daniel Larsson.
How was the Career of Sebastian Larsson?
- Sebastian Larsson kicks off his football career playing for his hometown team, IFK Eskilstuna whereas he later joined Arsenal aged 16 during the summer of 2001, on a four-year professional contract.
- On 27th October 2004, Larsson made his first-team debut against Manchester City in the League Cup and made his Premier League debut on 1st February 2006, replacing Sol Campbell at halftime as Arsenal lost 3-2 at home to West Ham United.
- He began the next two league matches in defense in his absence, a 2-0 win away to Birmingham City three days later, and a 1-1 draw at home to Bolton Wanderers on 11th February, in which he was substituted for Dennis Bergkamp as Arsenal sought their equalizer.
Loan to Birmingham City
- Sebastian joined Championship club Birmingham City on a season-long loan from Arsenal in August 2006 and made an immediate impact, scoring late winners in his first few games, against Crystal Palace and Shrewsbury Town.
- He also scored two goals against Newcastle United in the FA Cup.
- Sebastian signed permanently for Birmingham City on a four-year deal for a 1 million pound fee at the end of January 2007 where he was used mainly on the right-wing in the 2006-2007 season, occasionally filling in at right-back or left-back when players were injured.
- He played his part in Birmingham's run to the 2011 League Cup Final and took advantage of a defensive mix-up to open the scoring as Birmingham beat Sunderland 2-0 at St Andrew's on 16th April.
- The club confirmed that Larsson was to leave at the end of the season when his existing deal expired as no new contract was agreed.
- Sunderland confirmed on 22nd June 2011 that Larsson would join the club on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling on 1st July where he marked his debut with the second-half equalizer in a 1-1 draw on the opening day of the season against Liverpool at Anfield.
- On 26th November, he scored the opening goal in Sunderland's 2-1 home defeat by Wigan Athletic.
- He scored another free kick on 8th January in the FA Cup in a 2-0 win against Peterborough United at London Road whereas he produced a "25-yard thunderbolt" as his first goal of the 2012-2013 Premier League season against West Ham United on 12th January 2013 in a 3-0 win.
- His first goal of the 2013-2014 season came on 6th November 2013, in a 2-1 win against Southampton in the League Cup and his first league goal of the season came against Manchester United on 3rd May 2014, where he scored the only goal of the game.
- He scored a late equalizer for Sunderland in their 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion on the opening day of the 2014-2015 Premier League season on 16th August 2014.
- He was later named Sunderland's Supporters' Player of the Year for the 2014-2015 season.
- Larsson signed a one-year contract with Championship club Hull City on 9th August and made his first appearance for the club when he came off the bench as a 74th-minute substitute for Kamil Grosicki in the 4-1 home win against Burton Albion on 12th August 2017.
- He scored his first goal for Hull City when he scored the 6th goal in a 6-1 home victory over Birmingham City on 30th September 2017.
- Later, Sebastian was offered a new contract by Hull at the end of the 2017-2018 season.
- Sebastian signed for Allsvenskan club AIK on 11th June 2018 where his first season with AIK was very successful, as he helped the team win the Swedish Championship for the twelfth time in the club's history after claiming the 2018 Allsvenskan title.
- IN October 2007, Sebastian Larsson received his first call-up to the Sweden squad for the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying games against Liechtenstein and Northern Ireland.
- He made his debut for Sweden in February 2008, playing the whole 90 minutes of a friendly draw against Turkey in Istanbul.
- As well, he was named in Sweden's 23-man squad for UEFA Euro 2008 whereas he scored his first goal at senior international level in March 2011 as Sweden beat Moldova 2-1 in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
- Larsson scored two second-half goals to down Croatia 3-1 at the Maksimir Stadium in Zagreb in February 2012 and was selected in Sweden's squad for Euro 2012.
- He was named in Sweden's 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia as well as he played in four games for Sweden as they were eliminated by England in the quarter-finals at the 2018 World Cup.
- On 28th March 2021, Larsson got his ninth international goal on scoring from the penalty spot in a 3-0 World Cup qualifying win over Kosovo.
- Furthermore, he played in UEFA Euro 2020 qualification against the team, Malta on 12th October 2019 as well as he played for 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification against Kosovo on 28th March 2021.
- AIK 15/07/2018 for free
- Hull City 09/08/2017 for free
- Sunderland 01/07/2011 for free
- Birmingham City 31/01/2007 for 1.5M €
- Arsenal 30/01/2007 at the End of loan
- Birmingham City 04/08/2006 From Arsenal for loan
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Cup: 2010-2011
- Football League Cup runner-up: 2013-2014
- Allsvenskan: 2018
- Birmingham City Player of the Year: 2007-2008
- Birmingham City Players' Player of the Year: 2007-2008
- Birmingham City Goal of the Season: 2007-2008
- Sunderland Supporters' Player of the Year: 2014-2015
Who is Sebastian Larsson married to?
Sebastian Larsson is a married guy. He tied a knot with Tina Lonnberg on 26th May 2016, in Sodertuna Castle outside Gnesta. The couple is blessed with a two daughter, Nellie Larsson born in 2009 whereas another daughter's detail is unknown. Larsson and Tina are together since he was 15. Tina who is also originally from Eskilstuna is a former footballer and played for BK Sport. Talking about Sebastian's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Sebastian Larsson Net Worth?
Sebastian Larsson's net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million as of 2021. His annual salary as of 2018 playing for Hull City is $ 574994 with his weekly salary being in the region of $11057.58 and his current market value is $ 2.46 million. His major source of income is his football career and he has earned a decent amount of money from his profession. Sebastian has not done any endorsement work yet.
What tall is Sebastian Larsson?
The height of handsome footballer, Sebastian Larsson is 1.78 m and his body weighs around 74 kg. He has blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. He has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems. Sebastian's body build is athletic however his body measurement has not been revealed yet.
Trivias About Sebastian Larsson You Need To Know.
- Larsson helped lead Birmingham City to a Football League Cup in 2011.
- He came up through Arsenal's youth system and was promoted to the senior squad in 2004.
- He joined star forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the Swedish national team in 2008.
- He spent five seasons with Birmingham City before joining Sunderland in 2011.
- Larsson has represented Sweden at the 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020 editions of the UEFA European Championship.