Last updated on August 5th, 2023 at 07:25 am
Facts About Selena Gomez
|Celebrated Name||Selena Gomez|
|Age||31 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Sel, Selly, Selenita, Conchita, Mamachita|
|Birth Name||Selena Gomez|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Grand Prairie, Texas, United States|
|Father||Ricardo Joel Gomez|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Body Measurement||36-28-35 inche|
|Dress Size||8 (US) OR 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) OR 37.5 (EU)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Breast Size||36 in|
|Waist Size||28 in|
|Hip Size||35 in|
|Education||Danny Jones Middle School|
|Net Worth||$800 million|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Wikipedia Instagram Youtube Myspace Snapchat Official Website|
Selena Marie Gomez is an American singer, actress, producer, and businesswoman. Gomez began her acting career on the children's television series Barney & Friends. As a teenager, she rose to prominence for starring as Alex Russo on the Disney Channel television series Wizards of Waverly Place.Who are the Parents and Siblings of Selena Gomez?
Selena Gomez was welcomed by her father Ricardo Joel Gomez and her mother Amanda Dawn on 22nd July 1992 in Grand Prairie, Texas, the United States as Selena Marie Gomez. As of 2019, she celebrated her 27th birthday. She is American by nationality and her ethnicity is Hispanic. She is Christian by religion. She also has three siblings named Gracie Elliot Teefey (Half-Sister), Scarlett Teefey (Half-Sister) (Deceased Sister), and Tori Gomez (Half-Sister). Her mother was just 16 years old when she was born. Due to this, she suffered from financial troubles in her childhood. Discussing her education, she attended Danny Jones Middle School, Texas, in the USA. She was then homeschooled because she was bullied in school. She received her high school diploma through homeschooling.
Selena Gomez Singer Career
- Selena began her career By giving auditioning for many roles, Selena Gomez steps toward her career.
- During an audition for Barney & Friends, she met Demi Lovato.
- After that, both were selected to appear in the series in the year 2002.
- She then appeared in thirteen episodes of the show between 2002 and 2004 and also she had a cameo role in the film Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003).
- She made her role in the made-for-television film Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire (2005).
- She was given a recurring role on the popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana in 2007.
- After having a role in many movies, and TV series, she auditioned for a role in the Disney series Wizards of Waverly Place.
- For the series, she won the lead role of Alex Russo.
- She then appeared in the music video for the song "Burnin' Up".
- Moreover, she appeared in an episode of the reality series Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream.
- In addition to this, she made her role on the Disney Channel special Studio DC: Almost Live.
- She recorded the original song "Fly to Your Heart" for the soundtrack of the animated film Tinker Bell.
- She played her leading role as Mary Santiago in the direct-to-video film Another Cinderella Story, a sequel to A Cinderella Story.
- At the age of only sixteen, she was signed to a recording contract with the Hollywood Records label.
- She then announced a film adaptation of the novel Thirteen Reasons Why.
- She also formed the pop-rock band, Selena Gomez, & the Scene, and the group released their debut studio album in August 2009.
- The band released their second studio album A Year Without Rain.
- Selena and Justin Bieber recorded an unreleased duet titled "Can't Steal Our Love".
- She made a cameo role in the film The Muppets and then starred in the animated film Hotel Transylvania (2012).
- She also starred in the film Getaway (2013) for which she earned Gomez a nomination for Worst Actress at the 34th Golden Raspberry Awards.
- She released "Come & Get It" as the lead single from the album and another single from the album, "Slow Down".
- She appeared in the film Behaving Badly (2014) and Ruderless (2014).
- After that, she released her first solo compilation album, For You (2014), on November 24.
- After a month, she officially signed a recording contract with Interscope Records.
- She collaborated with Zedd for his single "I Want You to Know" for her second studio album which was released on 23rd February 2015.
- In the year 2015, she also became the face of haircare brand Pantene.
- She released "Good for You" (2015) as the lead single from her second studio album on 22nd June 2015.
- She appeared in the documentary Unity in August 2015.
- She reprised the role of Mavis in Hotel Transylvania 2, which was released on September 25.
- Her second album Revival was released on 9th October 2015.
- Her next song "Same Old Love" was released as the album's second single.
- The song and went on to top the Mainstream Top 40 chart.
- "Hands to Myself" was the album's third single.
- She has also starred in the drama film The Fundamentals of Caring in 2016.
- Selena and Kygo released their single titled "It Ain't Me" on 16th February.
- She then released the single "Bad Liar" on 11th May and she was also cast in A Rainy Day in New York in August 2017.
- Moreover, she released her new track titled "Wolves" on 25th October.
- She released a new single from the 13 Reasons Why Season 2 Soundtrack, titled "Back to You" on 10th May 2018.
- She gave her voice in the character Mavis, in Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation.
- She was also featured in DJ Snake's song "Taki Taki".
- She then appeared in Jim Jarmusch's film The Dead Don't Die in the year 2019.
- It was announced that she is the executive producer of the Netflix docuseries Living Undocumented in September 2019.
- On 23rd October 2019, she released "Lose You to Love Me" and the next day, she released the second single, "Look at Her Now".
- She voiced a character in Dolittle, directed by Stephen Gaghan in January 2020.
- She released her first Spanish-language project, an EP titled Revelación, in March 2021.
- She starred in and executive produced the Hulu mystery-comedy series Only Murders in the Building alongside Steve Martin and Martin Short, which premiered on Hulu in August 2021, and set the record for the most-watched comedy premiere in Hulu history.
- Gomez reprised the voice role of Mavis, and also served as an executive producer, for the fourth and final installment in the Hotel Transylvania franchise, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (2022).
- Gomez was the focus of the Alek Keshishian-directed "raw and intimate" documentary film, Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me. The film premiered at the AFI Fest in November 2022, and was released two days after on Apple V+ and in select movie theaters.
- Gomez released the song "My Mind & Me" to coincide with the release of the documentary. The song received Variety's "Film Song of the Year" honor. "My Mind & Me" was shortlisted for the Best Original Song category at the 95th Academy Awards, but didn't make the final nominations.Also in November, she teased new music to be released in 2023, followed up by a potential tour. She revealed that she was working on her next album. In March 2023, Gomez made a guest appearance in the Apple TV+ documentary television series Dear.
- In November 2022, Gomez revealed that she would be taking Spanish lessons for a "Spanish-language movie" she will start filming in the summer of 2023. Gomez filmed the musical crime comedy Emilia Perez from April to June 2023, directed by Jacques Audiard.
Selena Gomez Relationship: Dating and Boyfriend List
Selena Gomez's marital status is unmarried. She is rumored to be in a relationship with Zayn Malik. She also does not have any children in her life neither she has adopted any child. She is focusing on her career at present. Previously, she dated Nick Jonas in 2008. She then began dating Justin Bieber in December 2010. After separating in November 2012, they reconciled a few weeks later before splitting up again in January 2013. They again reconciled, however, they broke up again in March 2018. She then reportedly started dating The Weeknd in January 2017. The couple also moved in together temporarily in September 2017 in Greenwich Village, New York. But they broke up in October 2017.
Selena and Julia Michaels's surprise single, "Anxiety" has some personal lyrics related to the title
Selena Gomez featuring Julia Michaels's single, "Anxiety" is out now. It all came as a surprise when Selena Gomez returned with a surprise single. The song released is the single from Julia Michael's new album, an EP titled Inner Monologues Part 1. Julia Michaels has already worked on Selena Gomez's music in the past.
The single focus is on the state one goes through during anxiety and its effect on relationships. Selena herself sought treatment for anxiety and depression last year.
She shared her feelings via Instagram, where she wrote, "My sweet soul sister. Julia, you have been a huge part of my life. You have taught me how to have courage when I have self-doubt. This song is extremely close to my heart as I’ve experienced anxiety and know a lot of my friends do too. You’re never alone if you feel this way. The message is much needed and I really hope you guys like it!".
Selena Gomez was once again admitted to mental health facility following an emotional breakdown due to depression and anxiety. The reason for her reported meltdown was low white blood cell count, a side effect of a kidney transplant, which Selena had in 2017. She was reportedly hospitalized twice within the last few weeks for a low white blood cell count. She is reportedly getting all the help she needed and her health is progressing slowly.
Selena has been giving more effort to remain focused and not let her health affect her mentally. To overcome it, she has been actively writing new music, and even moved to Orange County for a change of pace and a fresh breath of air, according to other sources. However, the change in her life, her health issues, and her love life have once again resulted in an emotional breakdown.
The 26-year-old singer has been through a rough couple of years. A couple of years back, Selena was diagnosed with Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), simply known as lupus. It is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue in many parts of the body. Selena even spent 90 days in a mental facility to learn to cope with the issues related to her lupus. Later in 2017, Selena underwent a kidney transplant in 2017. Her actress friend Francia Raisa donated her kidney. During the transplant, Selena broke an artery. Emergency surgery was conducted to build a new artery using a vein from her leg. Since then, Selena is trying hard to keep herself focused on her work.
She also announced this September that she is taking an official social media break and taking some time to recover from mental health issues.
Selena Gomez and best friend Julia Michaels get matching tattoos
Selena Gomez and longtime best friend Julia Michaels just got matching tattoos. The two singers inked matching arrows on their hands, and when they hold hands, the arrows point to one another. "It's tatted... my arrow points to you forever," Gomez wrote on her Instagram story alongside a shot of the two looking down at their new art. "Always to you baby," Michaels wrote on her own Instagram story. "Love you @selenagomez." Gomez and Michaels were celebrating their Monday night performance at the Fonda Theater in Los Angeles, as well as Michaels' birthday. She turns 26 on Wednesday.
How much is Selena Gomez's Net Worth?
The famous singer, Selena Gomez has accumulated a huge amount of money from her present career. She has reached a great height in her career. With her singing as well as acting career, she has garnered a net worth of $800 million as of 2023. Her major source of earnings is her singing career. Besides this, she also earns from endorsements, acting career and more. She charges $10 million for brand endorsements. Moreover, she is the brand ambassador of Puma, Coach, and more. There is no information regarding her present salary but it will be added soon once we get details about it. Overall, she is satisfied and she is living a lavish lifestyle with her earnings.
How much does Selena Gomez weight?
Selena Gomez is a beautiful and charming lady attracting a lot of people towards her. She has got a very pretty face and smiles with the glow. Her sexy body measures 36-28-35 inches. She has got an average height of 5 ft 5 in with a balanced body weight of 50 Kg. Her body build is slim. She maintains her body a lot and she is very curious about food intakes. Her eye color is dark brown whereas her hair color is also dark brown. Her dress size is 8 (US) and her shoe size is 7 (US). Overall, Selena Gomez has got a healthy body with a white skin tone.
Trivias About Selena Gomez You Need To Know.
- Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) is the second-most-followed user on Instagram (138 million followers).
- Selena Gomez was born when her mother was 16 years old
- Gomez has been open about her struggles with both anxiety and depression
- Gomez dated singer Nick Jonas from 2008 to 2009. She appeared in the music video for his band’s song “Burnin’ Up”
- She has served as a UNICEF ambassador since age 17