Sergey Kovalev - Bio, Net Worth, Fight, Vs Canelo Alvarez, Yarde, Boxrec, Married, Wife, Natalia, Kids, WBO, Salary, Height, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki
Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev famed as Sergey Kovalev is a professional boxer from Russia who has held multiple light heavyweight world championships, including the WBA (Super) and IBF titles from 2014 to 2016, and the WBO title three times between 2013 and 2019. He is ranked as the world's second-best active light heavyweight by The Ring magazine, third by BoxRec and fourth by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board as of November 2019. Overall, he is a very talented boxer.
Canelo Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev fight
Canelo Alvarez is now a four-division champion. The Mexican great succeeded in stopping light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev on Saturday night in Las Vegas with a thunderous knockout in the 11th round after struggling a bit early on. Alvarez has now won titles at 154, 160, 168 and 174 pounds in his illustrious career and has a legitimate claim to the pound for pound crown.
How old is Sergey Kovalev? (Early Life)
Sergey Kovalev was born on 2nd April 1983 at Kopeysk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Russia) with the Zodiac Sign of Aries. His full name is Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev. His nationality is Russian and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 36th birthday with his friends and families. There is no information regarding his parents, education. He grew alongside two brothers. More information regarding his early life will be added soon once it gets revealed.
How tall is Sergey Kovalev?
Sergey Kovalev is a handsome hunk with athletic and strong body build. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent workouts and exercises. He has got an average height of 183 m or six feet with a balanced bodyweight of 79 Kg. His chest size is 42 in, waist size is 32 in and his biceps size is 15 in. His face shape is oval and his nose type is perfect. His hair length is medium. His hazel brown eye color and brown hair color also made him more handsome in looks. His charming smile and glowing face attract a lot of people towards him. His other body measurements will be added soon as it has not been revealed by any sources yet. Overall, he has got a strong body with a healthy body.
Boxing Career of Sergey Kovalev
- Sergey began his boxing career in the year 1994 when he was only eleven age.
- He made his amateur debut in 1997 in the Russian Boxing Junior Championship.
- In there, he won the gold medal in the middleweight juniors division.
- He then competed with the seniors in 1998 and reached the final, and a year after that, he won the final fight.
- He took part in the Russian Senior Championship in the year 2004 where he reached the final and also won the gold medal in the team event.
- He won the silver in the year 2006, and a year later, he took bronze in the Russian Championship and gold in the World Military Games in India.
- He took part in his final national competition and again made the final in the year 2008.
- He finished his amateur career with a record of 195-18.
- He started his professional career with a first-round KO of Daniel Chavez at Greenboro Coliseum where he won his first nine fights with a first- or second-round knockout.
- He faced more serious competition against Darnell Boone. It was held in October 2010.
- He won his first NABA belt in a 10-round fight with Douglas Otieno from Kenya in July 2011.
- He fights against Roman Simakov of Russia in 2011 where he was awarded a TKO victory.
- He was trained by John David Jackson in the year 2012.
- He also knocked out Darnell Boone in two rounds in a rematch.
- He faced the former WBA light heavyweight champion Gabriel Campillo on 19th January 2013.
- He fought Nathan Cleverly for the WBO light heavyweight title. Cleverly, as champion, was given the underdog status by bookmakers on 17th August 2013 where he was knocked down.
- He then made his first defense of the WBO light heavyweight title against #15 WBO Ismayl Sillakh on 30th November 2013.
- The fight took place on the undercard of Adonis Stevenson's WBC title defense against Brit Tony Bellew at the Colisee de Quebec in Quebec City, Canada.
- On 29th March, he made his second defense against undefeated contender Cedric Agnew (26-0, 13 KOs).
- It was confirmed on 22nd August 2014 that a fight between Kovalev and 49-year-old Bernard Hopkins (55-6-2, 32 KOs) would take place on 8th November 2014.
- The fight was also televised on HBO World Championship Boxing.
- Sergey Kovalev won the match where Hopkins earned a base purse of $1 million whilst Kovalev earned $500,000.
- It was announced on 23td December 2014 that he would defend his world titles and fight Jean Pascal (29-2-1, 17 KOs) on 14th March 2015 for WBC Diamond light heavyweight. Later, it was demanded a rematch. The fight averaged 1.152 million viewers on HBO.
- He then fights against Nadjib Mohammedi on 25th July 2015 where he won the fight.
- It was announced on 5th December 2015 that the rematch between Kovalev and Pascal was set, to take place on 30th January 2016 where Kovalev won the fight. The fight averaged 1.179 million viewers on HBO and peaked at 1.269 million viewers.
- It was announced on 16th June 2016, that a contract had been signed between Kovalev and undefeated former super middleweight world champion Andre Ward on 19th November 2016.
- Both fighters remained undefeated through interim bouts.
- Later, Kovalev lost the match with the judges all scoring the fight 114-113.
- His manager Egis Klimas announced that negotiations had begun for the rematch between Ward and Kovalev.
- On 24th March 2017, he revealed via Social Media that he had signed his end of the deal.
- In front of 10,592, the fight ended in the 8th round with a victory for Ward once again.
- HBO announced on 9th September 2017 that he would make his ring return on HBO: Boxing After Dark on 25th November.
- His opponent was announced as 30-year-old light heavyweight contender Vyacheslav Shabranskyy.
- He regained the WBO title after stopping Shabranskyy in round two.
- On 25th August, he said he would exercise the rematch clause against Alvarez II.
- According to the contract, the fight would have had to take place by February 2019.
- He put on an incredible performance to regain the WBO title after defeating Alvarez by a 12 round unanimous decision and became a three-time light heavyweight titleholder.
- The judges scored it 120-108, 116-112 and 116-112 for Kovalev.
- He faced off against mandatory WBO challenger, the hard-hitting, unbeaten British Anthony Yarde on 24th August 2019.
- He knocked out the fatigued Yarde with a straight left jab, ending the fight via TKO and retaining his WBO and ESP light heavyweight titles.
- According to CompuBox, Kovalev landed 223 of his 686 punches (32.5%) while Yarde landed 132 of his 575 punches (23%), the most punches any fighter has landed on Kovalev.
Who is Sergey Kovalev's Wife?
Moving towards the marital status of Sergey Kovalev, he is a married person. He was married to his long-time girlfriend Natalia Kovalev. The duo met at a gym when he was building a career in boxing. They dated more than a year and married later. They are also the proud parents of a son named Aleksandr Kovalev and a daughter named Milana Kovalev. Both of them respect each other and it’s visible. The couples are less likely to divorce, however, it’s too early to predict anything. At present, they are enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances.
How much is Sergey Kovalev's Net Worth at present?
The net worth of this famous boxer is estimated to have $4 Million as of 2019. His major source of earning is from his boxing career whereas he is also earning a huge amount of money from his endorsement deals. The exact salary of Kovalev is still to get disclosed but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. He is satisfied with his earnings. He has made a huge amount of wealth over the years. He earned it all by himself and he deserves all of it.
Trivias About Sergey Kovalev You Need To Know.
- He has held multiple light heavyweight world championships, including the WBA (Super) and IBF titles from 2014 to 2016, and the WBO title three times between 2013 and 2019.
- He is ranked as the world's second best active light heavyweight by The Ring magazine, third by BoxRec and fourth by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board as of November 2019.
- He grew alongside two brothers.
- He made his amateur debut in 1997 in the Russian Boxing Junior Championship.