Facts About Sergey Medvedev
|Celebrated Name||Sergey Medvedev|
|Age||65 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sergey Konstantinovich Medvedev|
|Place Of Birth||Kaliningrad, Russia|
|Education||Moscow State University|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated in Journalism|
Sergey Konstantinovich Medvedev is a Russian Journalist, filmmaker, and TV presenter. He is a member of the Russian Union of Journalists and the Union of Cinematographers of Russia. He is one of the founders of the largest broadcasting company in the country "Ostankino", which creates the content for the first and other federal channels in Russia. He is serving as the chairman of the board of directors for Ostankino since 2003.
What is Sergey Medvedev famous for?
- Being a successful Russian Journalist.
Where was Sergey Medvedev born?
Sergey Medvedev was born on 2nd June 1958 in Kaliningrad, Russia. His birth name is Sergey Konstantinovich Medvedev. He is Russian by nationality and Gemini is his zodiac sign. He was born in the family of a TV Journalist. His father often took Sergey to his workplace where he absorbed how information programs, television shows are mounted, interviews are conducted. Which fascinated him very much.
He graduated from the Moscow State University at the faculty of Journalism in 1981. He also graduated from higher economic courses at Gosplan, the USSR State Planning Commission.
Sergey Medvedev's Career Highlights
- Sergey Medvedev began his professional career in the field of television journalism in a local Baltic newspaper.
- After graduating from Moscow State University, Sergey Medvedev joined the State Television and Radio Committee of the USSR and worked there from 1981 to 1991.
- During that time, he was also invited to work as a columnist for information programs of the Ostankino broadcasting company.
- Later on, he took up the post of a host of the Program Time and 120 minutes.
- Medvedev conducted reports from deputy congresses, interviewed people who have known in politics such as Mikhail Gorbachev, Boris Yeltsin, Yulia Luzhkov, and others.
- Medvedev worked as a presenter Information Programs Studios of All-Union State Broadcasting Company Ostankino in 1991-1992.
- During the period of 1995-1996, he was the press secretary of Russian President Boris Yeltsin for about one and half years.
- But he resigned from the post and returned to television and became the first deputy general director of the ORT channel.
- In 1997, Medvedev was offered a position in the public relations department of ROA UES.
- In 2000, after a sensational resignation of Boris Nikolayevich, Medvedev took part in the elections to the State Duma from the Kaliningrad district number 84 as an independent candidate but he lost. The results of voting placed him second.
- He was elected as chairman of the Board of Directors of CJSC Independent Television Company RTS
- Together with Alexey Pimanov, Medvedev is the founder of one of the largest broadcasting companies in the country Ostankino, which creates the content for the first and other federal channels in Russia. He is serving as the chairman of the board of directors for Ostankino since 2003.
- In 2013, Medvedev tried himself as an actor, playing the role of himself in the short television series "Vangelia".
Sergey Medvedev's Personal Life
Regarding his personal life, Sergey Medvedev is not married and supposed to be single. Because there is no information about his past relationship, affairs, and previous engagement. Even, he has not shared about his personal life yet.
Sergey Medvede's Height and Weight
Sergey Medvedev is a handsome man in his early 60s. He has a fair skin tone. His body build is average. However, his height, weight, body measurements, eye color, hair color are not available now.
Sergey Medvedev's Net Worth
Sergey Medvedev's net worth is estimated to be $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. He has made such a fortune from his successful journalist career. He also earns from his broadcasting company, Ostankino, where he is serving as the chairman of the board of directors since 2003.
Trivias About Sergey Medvedev You Need To Know.
- He is one of the founders of the broadcasting company "Ostankino".
- He was first awarded a medal for the performance of civic duty to protect democracy in 1993.