Facts About Sergio Busquets
|Celebrated Name||Sergio Busquets|
|Age||34 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Sergio Busquets Burgos|
|Place Of Birth||Sabadell, Spain|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$45 million|
|Salary||£14,092,000 per year|
|Body Measurement||40-13.5-34 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm|
|Weight||77 kg or 170 lbs|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Sergio Busquets Burgos, professionally known as Sergio Busquets is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team. His jersey number is 5 and he is considered to be a deep-lying playmaker capable of directing the gameplay through short and calm passes and one of the best defensive midfielders of all time. He joined FC Barcelona in 2008 and won the La Liga award for Breakthrough Player of the Year in 2009. He joined the Spanish national team in 2009 and helped lead the team to its first-ever World Cup championship in 2010. Sergio previously joined FC Barcelona's youth league in 2005, winning three major trophies and making himself an integral part of the team. He helped the country win the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 tournaments and also featured at two other World Cups and as many European Championships. Despite strong competition from Yaya Toure, he established himself as one of La Liga's best midfielders, even contributing two goals in 2011-2012. Additionally, he made his 600th appearance for Barcelona in a 4-0 win against Granada at the Los Carmenes on 9th January 2021.
Rio Ferdinand admits Sergio Busquets made him feel like a 'conference player'
Rio Ferdinand has claimed that Sergio Busquets left him 'feeling like a conference player' in Barcelona's 3-1 Champions League final triumph over Manchester United in 2011. The Barcelona midfielder has impressed Spain throughout the European Championships. His first-half performance in the semi-final against Italy reminded Ferdinand of the day he went up against Busquets at Wembley.
- Being a Spanish professional footballer.
- For playing as a defensive midfielder for La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team.
What is Sergio Busquets Nationality?
Sergio Busquets opened his eyes for the very first time on 16th July 1988 in Sabadell, Spain. As he was born in Spain, he holds Spanish nationality and he belongs to Spanish-white ethnicity. His parents gave him birth with the real name of Sergio Busquets Burgos under the star sign of Cancer. Sergio has celebrated his 32nd birthday as of 2020 and he will be celebrating his 33rd birthday in the July of 2021. Thus, his race is white. His father, Carles Busquets is also a former professional footballer who was a goalkeeper for Barcelona in the 1990s whereas his mother, Loli Burgos's profession is unknown. He has also a brother named Aitor Busquets.
What does Sergio Busquets do for a living?
- Sergio Busquets started his football career with a local team CD Badia del Valles scored seven goals in 26 games for the Juvenil A team in his second season after which Busquets was promoted to the B team under Pep Guardiola, and helped them achieve promotion to the third division.
- He would make his first-team debut in that same season, coming on as a substitute in the Copa Catalunya.
- Then he played his first La Liga match on 13th September 2008, featuring 90 minutes in a 1-1 home draw to Racing de Santander.
- He scored the second goal in the 15th minute in a 5-0 group stage win during Barcelona's 2008-09 UEFA Champions League clash against Basel at St. Jakob-Park on 22nd October 2008.
- Later he signed a contract extension until 2013 with a buy-out clause of €80 million on 22nd December 2008 and scored his first league goal, in a 2-0 home win over Athletic Bilbao on 7th March 2009.
- Busquets became only the third father-and-son combo to both have won Europe's top club competition playing for the same team.
- He signed a contract extension that would keep him at the club until 2015 the buyout clause was increased to €150 million on 27th January 2011 and played the full match during his side's 3-1 Champions League final victory against Manchester United at the Wembley Stadium on 28th May.
- As well, he scored a rare goal on 24th April 2012 only his sixth official one in four years netting from an easy tap-in after an Isaac Cuenca cross to make it 1-0 for the hosts in the second leg of the Champions League semi-finals against Chelsea.
- Also, he was given the number 5 shirt for the upcoming campaign and was named one of the four captains for the club alongside Xavi, Andres Iniesta, and Lionel Messi.
- He began on 6th June in the 2015 Champions League final, as the team won their fifth accolade in the competition by beating Juventus 3-1 at Berlin's Olympiastadion.
- Sergio captained Barcelona for the first time in the absence of regular captain Iniesta and vice-captain Messi in a 1-2 away defeat to Sevilla on 3rd October 2015.
- Later, he signed a new contract until June 2023, which increased his buyout clause from €200 million to €500 million.
- He played his 500th game for Barcelona away to Atletico Madrid on 24th November 2018, and made his 100th Champions League appearance on 11th December, in a 1-1 group stage home draw against Tottenham Hotspur.
- He made his 600th appearance for Barcelona in a 4-0 win against Granada at the Los Carmenes on 9th January 2021.
- Sergio Busquets earned his first cap for Spain's under-21 in their 2009 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualification play-offs first-leg away match against Switzerland on 11th October 2018.
- He played his first game for the Catalan representative side on 28th December, starting in a 2-1 win over Colombia at the Camp Nou.
- Busquets was called up to the senior squad for a friendly against England on 11th February 2009 and was named as a substitute for a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Turkey on 28th March 2009, making his debut in the return match on 1st April, playing 16 minutes in a 2-1 win in Istanbul after replacing David Silva.
- He went to his first senior tournament in the summer, helping Spain come third at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa.
- Busquets was selected by manager Vicente del Bosque for the 2010 World Cup in the same country as well as he played every minute as Spain won the title at UEFA Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine, and he was named in the Team of the Tournament.
- He scored his first international goal in a 5-1 win over Macedonia during Euro 2016's qualifying phase on 8th September 2014 and his second came during the same tournament on 15th November, in the 3-0 defeat of Belarus in Huelva. He was selected for the final tournament in France.
- On 9th October 2017, he celebrated his 100th appearance for Spain, in a 1-0 away win against Israel for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers. Subsequently, he was named in Julen Lopetegui's squad for the finals in Russia.
- He captained the Spanish for the first time in a goalless friendly draw away to Portugal on 7th October 2020, as Sergio Ramos was on the bench.
- The following May, he was included in Luis Enrique's 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020. He was named captain in the absence of Ramos.
- Barcelona on 01/09/2008 From Barcelona B
Awards and Achievements
- La Liga: 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- Copa del Rey: 2008-2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2020-2021
- Supercopa de Espana: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018
- UEFA Champions League: 2008-2009, 2010-2011, 2014-2015
- UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA World Cup: 2010
- UEFA European Championship: 2012
- FIFA Confederations Cup: Runner-up 2013; Third place 2009
- Bravo Award: 2009
- La Liga's Breakthrough Player: 2009
- FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2010
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
- FIFA FIFPro World11: Second Team 2016; Third Team 2015; Fourth Team 2013, 2018; Nominee 2019 (5th midfielder)
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014-2015
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2015-2016
- UEFA La Liga Team of the Season: 2015-2016
- Prince of Asturias Awards: 2010
- Gold Medal of the Royal Order of Sporting Merit: 2011
Who is Sergio Busquet's girlfriend?
Sergio Busquets is an unmarried footballer as he is in a romantic relationship with his pretty girlfriend Elena Galera since 2014. The pair is blessed with son Enzo who was born in 2016 whereas Elena and Sergio also welcomed their second son, Levi Busquets in 2018. The couple's relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain as same as in the future too. Regarding Sergio's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Sergio Busquets?
Sergio Busquets is a versatile footballer who has a net worth of $45 million as of 2021. He earns a salary of £271,000 per week, £14,092,000 per year playing for Barcelona as a DM, M (C). With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years. His market value is €9.00 million as of May 2021 whereas his highest market value is €80.00 million as of 2018. Sergio's major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Sergio Busquets?
Sergio Busquets has a tall height of 6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm whereas his body weighs around 77 kg or 170 lbs. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. He sported an Arabic tattoo on his left forearm translating to "A thing for you, the life in my country", dedicated to his maternal grandfather to whom he was very close. He has an athletic body build with 40-13.5-34 inches of body measurement. Furthermore, Sergio tested positive for COVID-19 eight days before Spain's first game, causing the entire squad to withdraw from their final warm-up match against Lithuania.
Trivias About Sergio Busquets You Need To Know.
- Sergio started playing football in a local football club called CD Badia del Valles.
- He joined FC Barcelona's youth league in 2005, winning three major trophies and making himself an integral part of the team.
- Despite strong competition from Yaya Toure, he established himself as one of La Liga's best midfielders, even contributing two goals in 2011-2012.
- He became teammates with goaltender Victor Valdes on Barcelona in 2008.
- In 2006, Sergio played for Barcelona C where he stayed until 2007 when he shifted to Barcelona B.