Sergio Perez - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Family, Age, Nationality, Height, Facts, Parent, Siblings, Salary, Career, Records, Contract, Wins, Wiki
Sergio Perez is a Mexican racing driver who currently races in 'Formula One' for Red Bull Racing. In December 2021, he signed with Red Bull Racing for the 2021 season following his maiden Formula One win at the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix. Before he had entered F1, he had won the British Formula 3 Championship – National Class title in 2007 and finished 2nd in the 2010 season of GP2 Series, the second-tier of the Formula One feeder championship. Previously, he has driven for Sauber, McLaren, Force India, and Racing Point. At the 2020 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix, he won his first Formula One Grand Prix where he broke the record for the number of starts before a race win at 190. Moreover, he won the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix with the team and secured the second Formula 1 Grand Prix win of his career. He made his Formula One debut driving for Sauber during the 2011 season and took his first Formula One podium at the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix. For the 2014 season, he was signed by Force India with a €15 million contract. In 2019, Racing Point signed a three-year extension with Pérez. In 2018, he became the first racer to finish on the podium more than once at the Baku City Circuit (finishing 3rd at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix), having also finished 3rd at the European Grand Prix in 2016 that was held at the same circuit. In the 2018 F1 season, he was the only driver outside of the Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull teams to end any race with a podium finish. He started his racing career with karts at the age of just 6. In 1998, he competed in the junior category of a local karting championship and became the youngest racer to win the championship in that category. In an interview in 2012 for the official Formula One website, Pérez revealed that if he had not been a driver he would have liked to be a lawyer. He is nicknamed Checo, The Mexican Wunderkind. His car number is 11. He is due to stay at Red Bull for the 2022 season.
What is Sergio Perez famous for?
- Being a Mexican Racing Driver.
- For racing in 'Formula One' for Red Bull Racing.
Where is Sergio Perez From? Know About His Family, Siblings, and Birth Name
Sergio Perez was born on 26th January 1990 in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. His birth name is Sergio Michel Pérez Mendoza. He holds Mexican nationality and his ethnicity is Hispanic. He is of Mexican descent. His race is White. Aquarius is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity. He celebrated his 31st birthday as of 2021. About his parents, he was born as the youngest child to his father, Antonio Pérez Garibay, and his mother, Marilú Pérez (née Mendoza). He has two siblings namely Paola Pérez (Older Sister), Antonio Pérez (Older Brother) (Retired Stock Car Racing Driver). There is no information regarding his education.
Sergio Perez Career Timeline
- Sergio Perez started his career at the age of six in karting in the year 1996 where he achieved four victories in the junior category.
- After a year, he participated in the karting Youth Class becoming the youngest driver in the category and earning a win, five podiums, and finished fourth in the championship.
- In 1998, he compete in the junior category, where he had eight wins; and at the end of the campaign, he became the youngest driver to become champion of the category.
- He raced in the 80 cc Shifter category in the year 1999 where he wins three times and finished third in the championship becoming the youngest driver to win a competition in the category.
- He raced in the Shifter 80 cc Championship in the year 2000.
- With six wins in the year 2002, he finished as the national runner-up in the Shifter 125 cc category, and participated in the global race Shifter 80 cc, in Las Vegas, where he qualified fifth and finished in 11th place.
- He finished in third place in Telmex Challenge, in addition to winning the Cup runner-up in Mexico in 2003.
- In 2004, he competed in the United States-based Skip Barber National Championship finishing eleventh.
- He then moved to Europe in 2005 to compete in the German Formula BMW ADAC series finishing in fourteenth.
- In the 2006-2007 A1 Grand Prix season, he took part in a single round of the championship for A1 Team Mexico becoming the third-youngest driver to take part in the series.
- In 2007, he switched to the British Formula 3 Championship and competed in the National Class – for older chassis – with the T-Sport team, winning the championship.
- He and T-Sport graduated to the premier International Class of the championship in 2008.
- He drove for the Campos Grand Prix team in the 2008-2009 GP2 Asia Series where he partnered with Russian driver Vitaly Petrov. He won his first GP2 Asia Series race at Sakhir and added a second win at Losail, during the sprint race of the night meeting in Qatar.
- Then, he drive along with Formula Three graduate Edoardo Mortara for the main 2009 GP2 Series where he finished twelfth.
- He contested two rounds of the 2009-2010 GP2 Asia Series for Barwa Addax, ahead of a 2010 main series campaign with the team during his off-season winning five races and finishing second.
- Sauber announced on 4th October 2010 stating that Perez would join the team 'Formula One' in 2011. He became the fifth Mexican to compete in Formula One. In addition, he became a member of the Ferrari Driver Academy in October 2010.
- At the Australian Grand Prix, he finished seventh.
- The Chinese Grand Prix saw him start in 12th position.
- At the Monaco Grand Prix, he lost control of his car and crashed into the barrier, before sliding across the chicane and hitting the TecPro barrier with a heavy side impact. He suffered a sprained thigh and concussion and did not take part in the race the following day, on medical grounds.
- After his recovery, he returned for the European Grand Prix and finished eleventh.
- Then, he took a career-best seventh at the British Grand Prix and eleventh in Germany.
- He retired in Belgium with suspension failure after the fifteenth place in Hungary which was followed by a gearbox failure while running seventh in Italy.
- Then, he finished eighth in Japan, sixteenth in Korea, tenth in India, eleventh in Abu Dhabi, and sixteenth in the Drivers' Championship with fourteen points.
- He started his 2012 season at the Australian Grand Prix which was followed by the 2012 Chinese Grand Prix finishing in eleventh place.
- He then achieved his second career podium at the Canadian Grand Prix, finishing the race in third place, having started fifteenth.
- He qualified in fifteenth place in the European Grand Prix, seventeenth position for the German Grand Prix.
- Next, he took his third podium at the Italian Grand Prix.
- He replaced Lewis Hamilton's place after Hamilton decided to leave.
- In the season-opening race in Australia, he qualified fifteenth and finished in eleventh.
- Then, he recorded a season-best fifth-place finish in India, finishing four seconds shy of the podium, a result that left him "extremely satisfied".
- Force India later confirmed that Pérez would join Nico Hülkenberg in their driver line-up for 2014 in a 15 million Euro deal.
- He finished 11th in the Australian Grand Prix.
- At the Chinese Grand Prix, Pérez started 16th and at the Austrian Grand Prix, he set the third fastest lap of his career whilst also giving Force India their third fastest lap in their history.
- Next, he signed a new two-year contract, until the end of the 2016 season with Force India.
- Perez started his 2015 season in Australia which was then followed by 13th position in Malaysia, 11th in China, 8th in Bahrain, 5th in Belgium, and 6th in Italy.
- His best race of the season was in Russia, where he scored his first podium of 2015 and Force India's third-ever.
- Perez finished the 2015 championship in ninth, his highest championship position to date, with 78 points.
- He scored his sixth podium in Monaco in 2016.
- In the European Grand Prix, he finished third.
- He finished 7th in Austria and 9th in Britain.
- He finished the first three races of the 2018 season outside the points and then um finish at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, finishing 3rd after an incident-strewn race.
- At the Belgian Grand Prix, Pérez and Ocon qualified 4th and 3rd and finished 5th and 6th, respectively.
- He took seven points finishes from nine races in the second half of the season.
- Then, he ended the season in 8th place in the championship with 62 points.
- He finished 6th in Belgium, 7th-place finish in Italy after starting 18th, 8th in Japan from 17th, and 10th in the United States after starting from the pit lane.
- He finished the season in 10th place in the championship with 52 points, comfortably ahead of teammate Stroll.
- After that, he had signed a contract extension with Racing Point until the end of the 2022 season.
- He was tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus which causes COVID-19 due to which he was unable to participate in the British Grand Prix.
- After testing negative for COVID-19 after the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix, Pérez returned to race at the Spanish Grand Prix, he finished in the fifth position.
- He announced in September 2020 stating that he would be leaving Racing Point at the end of the 2020 season.
- He achieved his ninth F1 podium at the Turkish Grand Prix.
- He won his first race at the Sakhir Grand Prix, becoming Formula 1's 110th race winner.
- He then races for Red Bull Racing in 2021, replacing Alex Albon.
- He made his debut with the Red Bull Racing team at the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix where he finished in 5th place.
- At the 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, he qualified on the front row in 2nd place.
- He finished in 7th place at the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
- He qualified in 4th place and finished in 3rd place at the 2021 French Grand Prix.
- He qualified in 5th place at the 2021 Styrian Grand Prix and finished in 3rd place.
- At the Turkish Grand Prix, he finished third to score another podium finish.
Who is Sergio Perez Wife?
Sergio Perez is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife/partner namely Carola Martínez in June 2018. From their marriage, the duo is blessed with two children; a son named Sergio Pérez Jr. (b. December 2017) and a daughter named Carlota Pérez (b. September 2019). Today, the couple is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Sergio was in a relationship with Greta Faria, Fernanda Gallegos, Andrea Campillo Vivanco, and more.
Perez also started the Checo Pérez Foundation, a charitable organization that works to support children with cancer in November 2012.
What is Sergio Perez Net Worth in 2021?
Sergio Perez is a successful racing driver who has accumulated a net worth of $40 Million in 2021. As per sources, he is making an annual salary of $8 Million with Red Bull. Furthermore, he has been sponsored by Telmex, Claro, Telcel, Pemex, Uber, RedCola, Xades. His main source of wealth is from his racing career. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings.
What is the Height and Weight of Sergio Perez?
Sergio Perez's body type is athletic and he stands at the perfect height of 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm. His body weight consists of 63 Kg or 139 lbs. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair color is also dark brown. He has a lean physique with short-cropped hair. He has a charming smile with a glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Sergio Perez You Need To Know.
- His full name is Sergio Michel Pérez Mendoza.
- His ethnicity is Hispanic.
- He has two siblings namely Paola Pérez (Older Sister), Antonio Pérez (Older Brother) (Retired Stock Car Racing Driver).
- He started his career at the age of six in karting in the year 1996 where he achieved four victories in the junior category.
- He races for Red Bull Racing since 2021.
- He has driven for Sauber, McLaren, Force India, and Racing Point.