Facts About Shakur Stevenson
|Celebrated Name||Shakur Stevenson|
|Age||25 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson|
|Place Of Birth||Newark, New Jersey|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||World Champion in Lightweight and Featherweight Classes|
|Father||Shahid Guyton (Step-Father)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Career Start||Turned Professional in 2017|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Reach||1.73 m (68 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Girlfriend||Jajaira Gonzalez (Ex-gilfriend)|
|Daughter||Leilani Asha Stevenson|
|Married Date||Got Engaged in April 2022|
|Source of Wealth||Boxing career (contracts, prize money, sponsorships)|
|Net Worth||Around $3.5 million|
Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson, professionally known as Shakur Stevenson is an American professional boxer. Considered the best junior lightweight, he is a world champion in two weight classes. He holds the WBO junior lightweight title since October 2021, the WBC junior lightweight title since April 2022, and the WBO featherweight title from 2019 to 2020. As of May 2022, Stevenson has compiled an 18-0 win record.
Representing the United States at the 2016 Summer Olympics, Stevenson won the silver medal in the bantamweight division.
What is Shakur Stevenson Famous For?
- World champion in lightweight and featherweight classes.
Where is Shakur Stevenson From?
Shakur Stevenson was born on 28 June 1997. His birth name is Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson. His birth place is in Newark, New Jersey in the United States. He holds American nationality. He was born to his mother, Malikah Stevenson. His biological father never became part of his life. He has eight younger siblings. His mother and his stepfather, Shahid Guyton raised the family. He belongs to the African-American ethnicity.
Shakur Stevenson Career
- Shakur Stevenson started boxing at an early age. He took boxing at the age of five under his grandfather Wali Moses.
- He had a very successful youth career.
- He won the 2014 AIBA Youth World Championships.
- He also won the Summer Youth Olympics in the same year.
- In 2015, he won the Senior US Olympic Trials and qualified for the US boxing team at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- He won a silver medal in the bantamweight division, the highest-medaling male boxer for the US team.
- He turned professional in February 2017 signing a promotional contract with Top Rank.
- He signed Andre Ward as his manager.
- He made his professional debut against Edgar Brito in the featherweight division in April 2017. He won the fight via a fifth-round technical decision.
- He made his Madison Square Garden debut against Argentine boxer Carlos Suarez on 20 May 2017. He won the fight 2 minutes and 35 seconds into the first round.
- He defeated Argentine David Michel Paz on 19 August 2017 and Juan Tapia in February 2018.
- He compiled a 12-0 record before facing Joet Gonzalez for the vacant WBO featherweight title.
- He defeated Gonzalez to win the WBO featherweight title.
- He vacated his title without making a single defense as he moved to the super featherweight division.
- He defeated Toka Khan Clary in his first super featherweight division fight in December 2020.
- He won the vacant WBO interim junior lightweight title in June 2021 defeating Jeremiah Nakathila via unanimous decision.
- He became a two-division world champion when he defeated WBO junior lightweight champion, Jamel Herring, in October 2021. He became WBO super featherweight title.
- He handed Oscar Valdez his first professional loss in April 2022. With his unanimous decision victory over Valdez, he became WBC super featherweight champion as well as The Ring super featherweight champion.
Who is Shakur Stevenson Girlfriend?
Shakur Stevenson is not married. However, he is not single. He is currently dating rapper Young Lyric. Right after Stevenson's victory over Oscar Valdez in April 2022, he proposed to his girlfriend which she said yes to. The couple shares a daughter named Leilani Asha Stevenson, born in December 2021. He previously dated Jajaira Gonzalez, sister of boxer Joet Gonzalez. Due to his relationship with Jajaira, Stevenson had a long-running feud with Joet. Jajaira's brother and their father openly disapproved of her relationship with Stevenson.
Stevenson and fellow boxer, David Grayton became involved in an altercation in a South Beach parking garage in 2018. He was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault. The charges were dropped after he agreed to one year of probation and 50 hours of community service. He also paid the victims' medical expenses.
What is Shakur Stevenson Weight?
Shakur Stevenson stands at the height of 1.7 m i.e. 5 feet and 7 inches tall. He has a reach of 1.73 m i.e. 68 inches. He has a body weight of around 130 lbs. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Shakur Stevenson Net Worth?
Shakur Stevenson earns from his career as a professional boxer. Having had a successful amateur career, he turned professional in 2017. As of April 2022, Stevenson has compiled an 18-0 record. He has won millions from his fights. His income comes from contracts, prize money, sponsorships, and endorsements. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $3.5 million.
Trivias About Shakur Stevenson You Need To Know.
- His biological father is of Puerto Rican descent.
- He cites Andre Ward as his influence.
- The Ring magazine, Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and ESPN ranked Shakur Stevenson as the world's best junior lightweight boxer.