Shane Greene - Bio, Net Worth, College, Pitcher, MLB, Contract, Current Team, Stats, Trade, News, Salary, Jersey, Dating, Girlfriend, Age, Tattoo
Shane Greene is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers. Greene made his MLB debut with the Yankees in 2014. They traded him to the Tigers before the 2015 season. Greene was an All-Star in 2019 and if уоu аrе іntеrеѕtеd іn сhесkіng biography оf Shane Greene іn 2019, thеn уоu саn соntіnuе tо rеаd thіѕ аrtісlе аhеаd.
Detroit Tigers trade Shane Greene to Atlanta Braves for two minor leaguers
The Detroit Tigers held out until the final hour of the trade deadline before making a move. The Tigers sent reliever Shane Greene to the Atlanta Braves in exchange for left-handed Joey Wentz and outfielder Travis Demeritte, the Tigers announced Wednesday.
Wentz, 21, is the No. 7 prospect in the Braves organization. He 5-8 with a 4.72 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP in 20 starts this season in Double-A. Demeritte, 24, is not among the top-30 prospects in the Braves organization. He is hitting .286 with 20 home runs and 74 RBIs in 96 games this year in Triple-A. He was the 30th overall pick in the 2013 MLB draft by the Texas Rangers.
Greene, 30, is experiencing a career year, with a 1.18 ERA, a 0.868 WHIP and 22 saves this season. He was the Tigers' All-Star representative this season, his first appearance. The Braves, in first place in the National League East, blew a save opportunity on Wednesday, seemingly moments before trading for Greene. He is making $4 million this season and is under team control through 2020.
Where is Shane Greene born?
Recalling his early life, Shane Greene was born in Clermont, Florida. He is an American by nationality and is of white ethnicity. His star sign is Scorpio. He has not mentioned his parents.
Regarding his education, Shane Greene went to East Ridge High School in Clermont, Florida where he played baseball as a pitcher for his school team. Later on, he received a scholarship from the University of West Florida. At the university, he played college baseball for the West Florida Argonauts. He lost his scholarship when he went with Tommy John Surgery in May 2008.
When did Shane Greene pursue his baseball career?
- Shane Greene was selected in the 15th round of the 2009 MLB draft by the New York Yankees. He was added to the 40-man roster later on 20 November 2013.
- After spending his time in the minor leagues with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, he got promoted to the major tournament on 9 April 2014. He then ringed his MLB debut against the Boston Red Sox on 24 April. Shane moved to the Detroit Tigers following a trade on 5 December 2014.
- Through 2016 season, his stats are a Win-loss record (14-16), Earned run Average (5.50), Strikeouts (190). He is one of the sparkling stars of the baseball world. He already lives a successful life and has a booming career ahead.
- Later on 17 January 2018, the Tigers avoided arbitration with him agreeing on a one-year, $1.95 million contract. A year later, Shane agreed on a one-year, $4 million deal with the Tigers. He became the first player in MLB history to earn seven saves in his team’s first ten games on 10 April 2019.
Is Shane Greene dating someone?
Though Shane Greene is one of the popular players of baseball, he has never caught into rumors of girlfriend and affairs. According to sources, as of now, he has not been dating anyone so far. His admirers have countless queries related to his private life. Probably he is single and it seems like he is enjoying the single life. It seems like he is not married.
He has never talked much about his private life in front of the media, so it is tough to find the info about his private life. Despite he has many female followers, he has not been able to find his life partner yet. He is popular and successful too, so his fans will sooner get news about his love life.
How much net worth does Shane Greene own?
Shane Greene has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2019. Not to mention, the hunk has earned his wealth widely through his MLB career and reported to earned $7,914,922 from his six years with MLB.
Shane Greene is currently under a 1 year / $4,000,000 contract with the Detroit Tigers, which includes $4,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $4,000,000. In 2019, Greene will earn a base salary of $4,000,000, while carrying a total salary of $4,000,000.
Apart from baseball, he earns much from his endorsements deals. One of his popular endorsement deal is with Nike.
How tall is Shane Greene?
Observing his body statistics, Shane Greene has a very good height of 6 feet and 4 inches, which is around 1.93 cm. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Shane Greene You Need To Know.
- Shane lost his University of West Florida scholarship when he went with Tommy John Surgery in May 2008.
- His career highlight includes an All-Star in 2019.
- Shane has over 29.2 K followers on his Instagram account.