Shane West - Bio, Net Worth, Story, Relationships, Married, Wife, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Birthday, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Band, Kids
Shannon Bruce Snaith, mostly recognized as Shane West, is an American actor, singer, and songwriter who is best known for portraying the role of Eli Sammler in the American television series "Once and Again" which aired on ABC channel. Shane has also gained recognition for his role as Landon Carter in "A Walk to Remember", Derby Crash in "What We Do is Secret", Dr. Ray Barnett in "ER", Michael Bishop in "Nikita", and Bane in "Gotham". Being a well-established singer, he has performed with the punk rock band "Germs", "Jonny Was", and the "Twilight Creeps".
Besides, Shane is quite active in the social media platform with over 479k followers on his verified Instagram account: @theshanewest and around 212k followers on his verified Twitter account:@shanewest
What is Shane West famous for?
- Famous as an American actor, singer, and songwriter
- Known for his role of Eli Sammler in the American television series "Once and Again"
Where is Shane West from?
Shane West was born on June 10, 1978, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States. His birth name is Shannon Bruce Snaith. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is mixed while Gemini is his zodiac sign. He is of British-Portuguese-Jamaican-French descent.
He was born as the eldest child to his parents: Leah Catherine(mother), a lawyer, and Don Snaith(father), a drugstore owner. His mother is of Cajun French descent while his father is of British-Portuguese descent, born in Jamaica. He has a sister named, Simone and a half-sister, Marli Ann.
Both of his parents were musicians and had their own punk bands. When he was just 4, his parents got divorced. Belonging from a family with a music background, it was obvious for him to be interested in music. So, he grew up listening to the Clash, the Jam, Blondie, Elvis Costello, and The Kinks.
When he was 10, he along with his sister, Simone moved to Compton, California with their mother who was looking for a better job. Later, they moved to Norwalk, California where he completed his high school education. While in high school, he changed his name to Shane West being embarrassed by his feminine first name: Shannon.
After graduating from high school, he decided to pursue his career in acting. He lived at his manager's house struggling for two years before debuting in 1995.
Shane West's Career: Highlights
- Shane West started his professional acting career in 1995 by making his debut with the role of Dave Lattimore in an episode of the 4th season of the CBS drama "Picket Fences".
- He continued his acting career by making his guest appearances in several TV series including "California Dreams", "The Crew", "Boy Meets World", "Mr. Rhodes", "Meego", "Sliders", and "To Have & to Hold".
- He played the role of Chris Theodorakis in the American mystery film "The Westing Game" in 1997.
- Shane rose to fame in 1999 after he started portraying the main role of Eli Sammler in the American television series "Once and Again". His role in the series was appreciated a lot and earned him good recognition.
- He continued appearing in the series for three seasons till 2002. His role in the series also earned him a Teen Choice Award nomination for Choice TV Actor: Drama in 2002.
- In the year 2002, he appeared in the role of Landon Carter opposite singer and actress, Mandy Moore in the adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel "A Walk to Remember". The chemistry between him and Moore earned them a Teen Choice Award for Choice Chemistry.
- The chemistry between them continued in Moore's three of the music videos: "Cry", "Only Hope", and "Someday We'll Know" where he appeared as the boyfriend of the artist, Moore.
- He also won the Young Hollywood Award Male Superstar of Tomorrow in 2002.
- He then appeared as Tom Sawyer in the 2003 superhero film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". He got nominated for the Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Awards for Best Male Performance for his role in the film.
- In 2004, he started portraying the main role of Ray Barnett in the NBC medical drama "ER". After 3 seasons, he left the series getting a role in Supreme Courtships. However, in October 2008, he returned to his role in the series for 3 episodes during its final season.
- Shane received good reviews for his role of Darby Crash in the 2007 independent film "What We Do Is Secret" which got premiered at the 2007 Los Angeles Film Festival. In the film, he portrayed Crash, a member of the 1970s punk band "The Germs". After the film, the band members were so impressed with him so they re-formed the band with West as late Crash.
- He has acted in many movies including "A Time for Dancing", "Get Over It", "Ocean's Eleven", "The Elder Son", "The Lodger", "Red Sands", "Echelon Conspiracy" and "The Presence".
- He also played the role of Michael in the American action thriller drama television series "Nikita" from 2010-2013. He got nominated for two Teen Choice Awards for his role in the series.
- In 2014, he appeared as Tom Craig in the action/ thriller film "Red Sky".
- He appeared as John Alden in the American supernatural horror television series "Salem" from 2014-2017.
- He played the role of Eduardo Dorrance/ Bane in the American crime drama television series "Gotham" for 4 episodes in 2019.
- A year later, he appeared as Billy Millikin in the American drama film "Gossamer Folds".
- As of now, he is busy with his upcoming roles in the films like "Escape the Field", and "The Chariot".
- Besides being an actor, he is an established singer.
- He was the lead singer of the punk rock band "Jonny Was" for almost 8 years.
- He has also performed with the punk band "The Germs".
- Shane got reunited with his former bandmates in 2015 to form a new band "Twilight Creeps".
- The band has released three albums to date.
Shane West's Awards and Achievement
- 1 Choice Award for his role in "Nikita"
- 1 Choice Award for his role in "A Walk to Remember"
- 1 Young Hollywood Award for Male Superstar of Tomorrow
- 1 Rising Star Award at Philadelphia Film Festival for his role in "What We Do Is Secret"
Shane West Wife
Shane West is not married till now. He seems to be focused more on his career than his personal life. However, he has been linked to several beautiful women like Rachel Lee Cook, Jeena Dewan- Tatum, and Maggie Q. He is a sports lover and avid supporter of the News Orleans Saints and LSU Tigers Football Team. He is currently living in Los Angeles, California. Also, he lived in Toronto, Canada for 6 years while working in the series "Nikita".
During an interview, he admitted that while shooting for the film "A Walk to Remember", he and actress, Mandy Moore had a Little bit of a Crush on each other. Their chemistry in the film was appreciated a lot. The actress, Moore is currently married to Dawes frontman, Taylor Goldsmith.
Shane West Net Worth
Shane West has quite healthy earnings from his stable and successful career as an actor and singer. Having his professional acting career started in 1995, Shane has come a long way becoming one of the well-recognized actors in his 25 years of career.
His source of income is surely his films, series, and songs. With his hard work for years, Shane undoubtedly has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $3 million as of 2021.
Shane West Height
Shane West is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his early 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 11 inches(1.82m) while his body weighs around 77kg(170 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of green eyes. His shoe size is 11(US).
Trivias About Shane West You Need To Know.
- Shane said: "I always thought I would be doing music rather than acting."
- When he was 4, his parents got divorced.
- He is a sports lover.
- He has green eyes.