Shaun Marsh - Bio, Net Worth, Shawn Marsh, Australia, Cricket, ICC World Cup, IPL, ODI, T20, Jersey, Stats, Injury, Wife, Father, Brother, Age, Wiki
Born as Shaun Edward Marsh, he is one of the Australian cricketers best known for playing for the Western Warriors. He has represented his national team in various cricket categories games like Test, One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 levels. The Australian player plays as an opening left-handed batsman and is also champ as the spin bowler. He has been nicknamed as Son of Swampy, in short SOS. According to Shaun Marsh wiki, he was born on 9 July 1983, which makes his age be 36 years old. Let’s explore in detail about Shaun Marsh biography below.
Glamorgan wait on broken arm prognosis for Australia batsman Shaun Marsh
Marsh has been ruled out of the rest of the World Cup after sustaining a fractured forearm facing Pat Cummins in the Old Trafford nets. The 36-year-old needs surgery with no time frame yet set for his return. Marsh is due to link up with Glamorgan for the rest of the season if he is not involved in the Ashes series. The Australian was due to start his second year as Glamorgan's all-format overseas player at the end of the World Cup. Marsh and his brother Mitchell were signed for Glamorgan's T20 campaign which starts on Thursday, 18 July, while Glamorgan is pushing for County Championship promotion as they currently top Division Two.
"It's terrible news for Shaun to miss out on the latter stages of the World Cup and we wish him a swift recovery," said Glamorgan director of cricket Mark Wallace. "We will continue to monitor Shaun's situation closely over the coming days but we are still hopeful he will be able to play a part in our Vitality Blast campaign and our promotion push in the County Championship."
There was an outside chance Marsh could have been involved in the Ashes squad, with first England and Australia Test starting on 1 August. Marsh and younger brother Mitchell were dropped for Australia's most recent Test series against Sri Lanka. Glamorgan is waiting to see if their Australia players are available for the start of their T20 campaign against Somerset in Cardiff on 18 July, before facing Gloucestershire the following day.
Mitchell Marsh will miss the first four games of the T20 tournament with Glamorgan because he is currently involved in an Australia A tour of England. The tour overlaps with the Welsh county's opening quartet of fixtures in the T20 Blast, with an Australia versus Australia A fixture in Southampton between 23 and 26 July acting as an Ashes warm-up.
This game clashes with Glamorgan ties at Surrey on 25 July and a home game against Middlesex a day later. Glamorgan's current in-form overseas player Marnus Labuschagne is also likely to be involved in the Ashes trial match and the county are waiting to see if he could cover the start of the T20 tournament and even beyond.
What makes Shaun Marsh famous?
Shaun Edward Marsh also is known as Shaun Marsh is an Australian cricketer. He was one of the profound batsmen in the Australian team. Marsh was an unfathomable player and his batting is difficult to understand.
Who are the parents of Shaun Marsh?
Back to his early life, Shaun Marsh was born in Narrogin, Western Australia. He was born to Michelle Marsh and Geoff Marsh, a former cricketer, Coach and worked as a selector in Australian Cricket Board. He has two siblings; a brother Mitchell Marsh, a cricket player and a sister Melissa Marsh, a former basketball player.
There is no information available regarding his education details. Further, He follows Christianity and his birth sign is Cancer.
When did Shaun Marsh pursue his cricket career?
- Shaun Marsh was introduced to cricket at an early age. He grew up with traveling with his father Geoffrey Robert Marsh, the former opening batsman. Marsh was exposed to cricket while traveling with his father. Visiting different international cricket grounds and watching net practice sessions were his daily routine in his childhood. These things are made Shaun Marsh into an enigmatic cricketer.
- Shaun Marsh represented Western Australia in Under-17 level. He played two Under-19 World Cup leagues in 1999 and 2001. Marsh represented Western Australia team in domestic cricket. In 2008, Shaun Marsh made his debut century in Ford Ranger Cup and became a top run scorer for Western Warriors.
- In 2008 Shaun Marsh signed a deal in the IPL (Indian Premier League) for Kings XI Punjab team. He played as an opening batsman and recorded as the highest run scorer in the league. He received Orange Cap for scoring most runs in the season.
- Marsh made his international debut in 2008 in a T20 match against West Indies, where he scored 29 runs from 22 balls. A few days later Marsh made his international debut against West Indies team, where he scored 81 runs from 97 balls and he received Man Of the Match award for his performance.
- With the retirement of Australia’s famous opening batsmen’s Adam Gilchrist and Mathew Hayden, Marsh was promoted to top order as an opening batsman. Marsh was unstoppable at the opening position, In his first 10 matches, Marsh scored five half-centuries and a century.
- Marsh made his Test debut in 2011 against Sri Lanka. He played with a baggy green cap which was presented by his father. Marsh made a century in his debut test match, He scored 141 runs and established 258 runs partnership with Michael Hussy.
- In 2012-13 Big Bash League, He scored five half-centuries in 9 innings and he became the top scorer in the series. Also, Marsh was one of the most demanding players in the IP.
- In April 2018, he was awarded a national contract by Cricket Australia for the 2018–19 season.
- In April 2019, he was named in Australia's squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. However, ahead of Australia's final group-stage match, Marsh was ruled out of the rest of the tournament with a fractured forearm. Peter Handscomb was named as his replacement. In the same year, he signed with Glamorgan ahead of the 2019 County Championship in England.
What are the achievements of Shaun Marsh?
- Shaun Marsh, with 616 runs at 68.44 was awarded the first ever Orange Cup in the 2008 Indian Premier League.
- Marsh (317 runs) was the fourth highest run-scorer in Australia’s 2002 U-19 World Cup winning campaign.
- He scored a scintillating hundred against Sri Lanka on his Test debut in 2011.
Does Shaun Marsh was married?
Reflecting his personal life, Shaun was a married man. He married his longtime girlfriend Rebecca O’Donovan. She is the professional Journalist of Australia. She was a participated in Miss Universe contest as well. They were in a relationship from 2013 and got married in 2015. The couple blessed two babies. At present, the couple lives a blissful life without any rumors with their two children.
How much net worth is Shaun Marsh owns?
Shaun Marsh's net worth has grown significantly in 2019. According to many Online resources, Shaun Marsh's estimated net worth said to be 4 million USD which is not confirmed.
As per the Cricket Australia Central Contracts (2016-2017), Shaun Marsh is paid the salary as retention fee which amounts Australian dollar 900,000. Further, he is paid AU$14,000 per test matches that he plays. He is offered with $7,000 and $5,000 per ODI and T20 match respectively. Apart from the above-mentioned salary, Shaun Marsh also generates income as the bonuses for his performances. His per match fee can get double when Marsh scored a century.
How tall is Shaun Marsh?
Observing his body statistics, Shaun stands a heigh of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 80 kg. He has an athletic body build with 42-34-14 inches body measurements. He has green eyes and brown hair color.
Trivias About Shaun Marsh You Need To Know.
- He made his international test debut in 2011 against sri Lanka.
- Shaun and his brother Mitchell are the first brothers to feature for Australia after the Waugh brothers.
- Mitchell Marsh and his brother, Shaun were dropped from the Perth Scorchers side during the 2012 Champions League after they had gone for to celebrate Mitchell’s birthday.