Shea Weber - Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, NHL, Current Team, Salary, Trade, Contract, Injury, Married, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Numbers
Shea Weber is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who serves as captain of the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL). He is an NHL All-Star and a two-time Olympic gold medallist. He has represented Canada at a number of International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF)-sanctioned events, winning a World Junior Ice Hockey Championship gold medal in 2005, an Ice Hockey World Championships gold medal in 2007, and two Olympic gold medals at the 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics. Further, was traded to the Canadiens in exchange for P. K. Subban on June 29, 2016. To know more about the player, keep reading below.
What makes Shea Weber famous?
A Canadian professional ice hockey player. He was among 42 players named to the 2011 NHL All-Star Game in Raleigh, North Carolina. For the first time in its history, the NHL used a fantasy draft format to select teams for the All-Star Game, and Weber was selected eighth overall by Team Lidstrom.
Where is Shea Weber born?
Recalling his early life, Weber was born as a Shea Michael Weber in Sicamous, British Columbia. His mother, Tracy was a hairdresser, and his father, James Weber was a sawmill worker. He is Canadian by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. His birth sign is Leo. In formation regarding his siblings and his academic qualifications are yet to disclose.
When did Shea Weber begin to play hockey?
- Weber first played organized ice hockey at age six. Growing up, he played in the Sicamous and District Minor Hockey Association, a division of the British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association (BCAHA), often switching between forward and defenceman positions.
- In Weber's second year of bantam, he permanently switched to defense. He credits his father for convincing him to make the switch because he thought Weber would "have a better shot at a pro career as a defenceman".
- Throughout his career, Weber has represented Canada at several international ice hockey tournaments. His first experience with Hockey Canada came for the national junior team, when, on December 22, 2004, he was named to the roster for the 2005 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- On September 10, 2004, Weber signed a three-year, $1.425 million entry-level contract with the Nashville Predators. A year-and-a-half later, Weber made his NHL debut on January 6, 2006, against the Detroit Red Wings, recording three shots on goal in 11:08 minutes of ice-time.
- On June 23, 2008, Weber signed a three-year, $13.5 million contract extension with the Predators, avoiding restricted free agency. During his first year of the new contract, Weber established himself as one of the top defencemen in the NHL. At the mid-way point of the season, he was among the defencemen statistical leaders, was considered a favorite to win the Norris Trophy and was named to the Western Conference roster for the 2009 National Hockey League All-Star Game in Montreal.
- On July 8, 2010, Weber was named the fifth captain in Nashville Predators history, replacing Jason Arnott, who was traded to the New Jersey Devils. He became the youngest captain in franchise history and the only Predators captain to have been drafted by the team.
- During the 2015–16 season, Weber recorded his first career hat-trick on December 5 against the Detroit Red Wings, which was also the first-ever by a Predators defenceman. Weber would continue his goal-scoring ways, tying Paul Kariya's franchise record for power-play goals in a season with 14 and finishing with his third 20+ goal season.
- On October 1, 2018, Weber was named the 30th captain of the Canadiens, replacing Max Pacioretty after he was traded to the Vegas Golden Knights on September 10, 2018. However, Weber did not join the Canadiens lineup until November 27 due to an injury during the offseason that required surgery. In his second game back, he scored two goals in a 5-2 win against the New York Rangers.
Is Shea Weber married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Shea Weber is currently married to high school sweetheart, Bailey Munro. The couple married in 2013 and have been together for around 6 years. The couple has two children together. As of now, the couple seems to be happy and live a blissful life.
What is the net worth of Shea Weber?
As a professional ice hockey player, Weber earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $24 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Shea Weber?
Observing his body statistics, Weber stands a height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs around 106 Kg. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Shea Weber You Need To Know.
- He is an NHL All-Star and a two-time Olympic gold medalist in 2010 and 2014.
- He was traded to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for P.K. Subban on 29 June 2016.
- Won one gold medal from the 2005 World Junior Championships.