Facts About Sherri Shepherd
|Celebrated Name||Sherri Shepherd|
|Age||56 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Sherri Shepherd|
|Birth Name||Sherri Evonne Shepherd|
Sherri Shepherd is an American actress, comedian, author, and television personality who is well-recognized for her role as Ramona Patt on the ABC sitcom, "Less Than Perfect" and also for her role as Angie, on the NBC sitcom, "30 Rock". Shepherd also voiced the character Florrie the Lioness in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" and played the role of Cori in the 2016 film, "Ride Along 2".
She also served as a co-host of talk show, "The View" for 7 years, and even earned a Daytime Emmy Award. She also had her own series, "Sherri", which ran for 13 episodes on Lifetime in 2009.
Shepherd also appears in the Netflix series, "Mr. Iglesias" and has appeared as a celebrity contestant on the 14th season of "Dancing with the Stars" in 2012. In June 2020, Shepherd claimed that highlighting a lack of racial diversity in the popular 1990s sitcom, "Friends" cast lost her future work. Besides, she is quite active in social media sites with over 855k followers on her Instagram: @sherrieshepherd.
What is Sherri Shepherd Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Ramona Patt in a sitcom, "Less Than Perfect" and as Tracy Jordan in a sitcom, "30 Rock".
Where was Sherri Shepherd Born?
Sherri Shepherd was born on April 22, 1967, in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is Sherri Shepherd. Her nationality is American. Shepherd belongs to African-American ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
She was born as the eldest child of her parents, LaVerne(mother) and Lawrence A. Shepherd(father). Her father, Lawrence is a church deacon who also worked as a food service manager at Sambos Restaurant. Her mother, LaVerne died in 1991 when Sherri was 24 years old.
Sherri was raised in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, along with her 2 younger sisters, after her family shifted when she was 11. She attended Winston Churchill Elementary School and then Eisenhower Junior High School of Community Consolidated School District 54 and got graduated from Hoffman Estates High School of District 211. She always had an interest in acting and comedy since her childhood as a result she ended up with an acting career.
What Does Sherri Shepherd Do Now?
- Sherri Shepherd made her debut with her first television acting as Victoria Carlson in the short-lived sitcom, "Cleghorne!" in 1995.
- She then began to appear in several sitcoms including "Suddenly Susan", "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "The Jamie Foxx Show".
- Shepherd got her first breakthrough with her portrayal as the lead role of Ramona Patt on the ABC sitcom, "Less Than Perfect". She remained in the show for over 4 years from 2002 till 2006.
- In 2007, she got another hit performance after she began appearing as Angie on the NBC sitcom, "30 Rock". She remained in the show for 6 years till 2013.
- On June 20, 2008, she co-hosted the 35th Daytime Emmy Awards.
- In 2009, she starred as herself for one season in Lifetime Television sitcom, "Sherri", a sitcom about her own life.
- She played Daphne in several episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" in 2013. The same year, she appeared on Broadway in Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical production of Cinderella.
- She also played the role of Anne Flatch in NBC's mockumentary legal-comedy series, "Trial & Error".
- Shepherd has also appeared on several television shows such as "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", "Rachael Ray", and "To Tell The Truth".
- She also has hosted a game show, "Best Ever Trivia Show" on Game Show Network for 65 episodes, beginning on June 10, 2019.
- Shepherd also became known as the co-host of ABC's talk show, "The View", since her presence from 2007 till 2014. In 2008, she created controversy on The View due to "flippant" remarks regarding abortion.
- On November 6, 2019, Shepherd appeared unmasked as the Penguin on the second season of "The Masked Singer".
- Also, in March 2012, she participated as a celebrity contestant on the 14th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars".
- Her first stand-up comedy CD/DVD, "No Refund, No Exchange" was released in 2006. Her second comedy special "It's My Time To Talk" was taped in Arizona and aired on the EPIX channel in 2013.
- Her debut book, "Permission Slips: Every Women's Guide to Give Herself a Break" was released in 2009. Her second book, "Plan D: How to Lose Weight and Beat Diabetes" was released in 2013 and made The New York Times Bestsellers list.
Who is Sherri Shepherd Married to?
Sherri Shepherd has been married twice. She first got married to Jeff Tarpley on March 10, 2001. Their marriage lasted for over 9 years till they divorced on October 7, 2010. They even share a son named Jeffrey Tarpley who was born on April 22, 2005. Initially, she was expecting twins, but the girl died in utero, and she ended up in giving birth only a boy, Jeffrey, 3 months prematurely.
Shortly after her divorce, on December 26, 2010, Lamar Sally, a TV writer proposed her, and eventually, the couple got married on August 13, 2011, at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago. The couple welcomed their child via surrogacy on August 5, 2014, named Lamar Sally, Jr.
However, on May 12, 2014, Sherri filed for divorce from her second husband of three years after discovering multiple infidelities and him living a double life. In social media posts, she has also referred to him as a "con artist". Besides, Shepherd is a diabetic patient and has type 2 diabetes after having had pre-diabetes for years.
Sherri Shepherd Net Worth
Sherri Shepherd has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and comedian. Having bee in this field for over 25 years, Shepherd has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several appearances in TV sitcoms, TV shows, and movies. Her net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
Sherri Shepherd Weight Loss
Sherri Shepherd is a gorgeous lady in her 50s. With her charismatic comedy and smile, Shepherd has managed to win several hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 1.55m while her body weighs around 72kg.
She has a dark complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.