Shirlie Holliman - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Children, Family, Age, Facts, Nationality, Height, Career, Albums, Salary, Parents, Siblings, Birthday
Shirlie Holliman is a British singer. She came to fame in the 1980s with "Wham!" and as part of the duo "Pepsi & Shirlie". She is also the wife of Spandau Ballet bassist and singer, Martin Kemp as well as a mother of two kids; Roman Kemp and Harley. At present, she works managing Aegean, a business associated with music and entertainment production. In November 2019, she alongside her husband, Martin released their first album together as Martin & Shirlie, titled "In the Swing of It" via Sony Music.
What is Shirlie Holliman Known For?
- Being a Pop singer.
- For her hit songs such as "Heartache", "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)", and "Goodbye Stranger".
Where is Shirlie Holliman From?
Shirlie Holliman took birth on 18th April 1962. She is from Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire, England. She holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. She celebrated her 59th birthday as of 2021. She was born as the fourth child among five to her father, Arthur, and her mother, Margaret Holliman. Thus, she has four siblings. She spent her early life and childhood on a council estate in Bushey, near Watford, Hertfordshire. Aries is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. Initially, she intended to train as a horse-riding instructor due to hay fever at the age of 18, her then-boyfriend Andrew Ridgeley suggested her to come and dance while he and his friend George Michael's band played a local gig. Details about her education have not been disclosed yet.
Shirlie Holliman Career Timeline
- Shirlie Holliman started performing with "Pepsi" DeMacque on all the Wham! songs and concerts after her friend Dee C. Lee left to join the Style Council and later marry its lead singer Paul Weller.
- Later, the announcement of Wham!'s breakup was made in the spring of 1986, with a grand finale concert at Wembley Stadium on 28 June 1986, called 'The Final'.
- During their Wham! career, the duo (Holliman and DeMacque) decided to form their own act, named "Pepsi & Shirlie".
- They had two UK top 10 hits: "Heartache", which was produced by Phil Fearon and Tambi Fernando, reaching #2 on the UK Singles Chart behind the #1 hit of George Michael and Aretha Franklin's "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)", and "Goodbye Stranger", produced by Tambi Fernando and Pete Hammond, which reached #9.
- The duo with DeMacque went on hiatus in the year 1989, but briefly returned in 2000 to record backing vocals on the UK number one Geri Halliwell hit "Bag It Up". The duo then reunited to perform for the 'Here and Now 10th Anniversary tour' which began on 24th June 2011.
- On 29th November 2002, she was a backup vocalist in the Concert for George, a concert celebrating the music of the late George Harrison.
- In November 2019, she alongside her husband, Martin Kemp released their first album together as Martin & Shirlie, titled "In the Swing of It" via Sony Music which album contains duet covers of classic jazz standards plus two original songs written by their daughter Harleymoon Kemp.
Who is Shirlie Holliman Husband?
Shirlie Holliman is a married woman. She tied a knot to Spandau Ballet bassist and singer, Martin Kemp. Her spouse, Martin retired from steady performance after the birth of her daughter. The duo met each other through mutual friend George Michael. Their wedding was held in St. Lucia in 1988. The duo is blessed with two children: daughter Harley Moon Kemp (born August 1989), and son Roman Kemp (born January 1993). Back in October 2020, she and her husband published "Shirlie and Martin Kemp: It's a Love Story", an autobiography-come-relationship advice book. The Kemps said the book was published in response to "growing media interest" in the couple's long-lasting relationship. She alongside her daughter, Harley had brief roles together in the music video for the Spice Girls' "Mama". Their daughter, Harley works as a photographer, director, and singer-songwriter whereas their son, Roman Kemp is a radio host and television personality. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time and they are living a happy life at present without any disturbances. In 2021, she appeared with her son in the documentary "Roman Kemp: Our Silent Emergency" in which Kemp revealed that he came close to attempting suicide after battling depression for 13 years. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Everything To Know About Martin Kemp
What is Shirlie Holliman Net Worth in 2022?
Shirlie Holliman is a talented singer whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million-$5 Million. Her main source of wealth is from the music industry and she is living a modest lifestyle from her earnings. Her annual salary, career earnings, and monthly income are still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her profession. After she took time out from work to care for her husband, Martin Kemp through his illness with brain tumors, she was declared bankrupt in September 1996, and the family moved from Hampstead Heath to Muswell Hill to allow Kemp to recover. She then went to work managing Aegean, a business associated with music and entertainment production.
How tall is Shirlie Kemp?
Shirlie Kemp is a beautiful singer whose body type is slim. She has blonde hair and her eye color is light brown. She stands at a perfect height matching with his body weight whereas the exact detail about her body measurement is unavailable at a moment. She has got a healthy body as of today and she frequently does exercise to maintain her body. She is also very conscious about her food intake.
Trivias About Shirlie Holliman You Need To Know.
- Shirlie came to fame in the 1980s with "Wham!" and as part of the duo "Pepsi & Shirlie".
- She is the wife of Spandau Ballet bassist and singer, Martin Kemp.
- In November 2019, she alongside her husband, Martin released their first album together as Martin & Shirlie, titled "In the Swing of It" via Sony Music.
- She was born as the fourth child among five.
- Aries is her Zodiac sign.