Shogo Taniguchi - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Career, Age, Facts, Awards
Shogo Taniguchi is a Japanese Professional football player. He currently plays for the J1 league Kawasaki Frontale. In his international career, he has represented Japan's National team since 2015. He ranks 1st among all players of Kawasaki Frontale. He was included in the J.League Best XI from 2018 to 2021.
The former youth star of Tsukuba University, Taniguchi was selected to play in the 2022 Qatar world cup for Japan's national team by head coach Hajime Moriyasu. The 31-year-old Taniguchi, who made his World Cup debut in Japan's 2-1 comeback win over Spain on 2nd December 2022 in Doha's Khalifa International Stadium, has captained Frontale since 2020 and helped them win the J-League championship in 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021.
Where is Shogo Taniguchi from?
Shogo Taniguchi was born on 15th July 1991 in Kumamoto, the capital city of Kumamoto Prefecture on the island of Kyushu, Japan. His birth name is Shogo Taniguchi. He holds a Japanese nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. His star sign is Cancer. He is a follower of Christianity.
Taniguchi was born into a middle-class family. His father's and mother's identity is not revealed yet. However, they are both natives of Japan. With his siblings, little Taniguchi grew up getting great love and care from his parents. Shogo was interested in football since his childhood.
Shogo Taniguchi club career
Taniguchi began his footballing career during high school. From 2010 to 2013, He played football semi-professionally while attending The University of Tsukuba, a public research university located in Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan.
- In February 2014, Taniguchi joined the senior team of Kawasaki Frontale, a Japanese professional football club based in Kawasaki, Kanagawa Prefecture, south of Tokyo. The club plays in the J1 League, which is the top tier of football in the country.
- Representing Frontale, Taniguchi has participated in various games, including in Emperor's Cup and League Cup. He has also helped his team to win some titles, including J1 League (4): (2017, 2018, 2020, 2021), Emperor's Cup (2020), J.League Cup (2019), and Japanese Super Cup (2): (2019, 2021).
- From 2014 to the present, he has made 289 appearances scoring 20 goals. In the 2022 season of the J1 League, Taniguchi played a key role in helping Kawasaki Frontale to finish the 2nd league spot and qualification for the 2023-24 AFC Champions League.
- Shogo was first called to join Japan's national team on 7th May 2015 by then-head coach Vahid Halilhodžić.
- On 23rd July 2015, he was called again for the 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup. The 2015 EAFF East Asian Cup was the 6th edition of the EAFF East Asian Cup, the football championship of East Asia. It was held in China in 2015 and the host itself was the eventual winner.
- Taniguchi was selected to play in the 2022 Qatar world cup for Japan's national team by head coach Hajime Moriyasu. The 31-year-old Taniguchi, who made his World Cup debut in Japan's 2-1 comeback win over Spain a day earlier in Doha
Awards and Achievement
- J.League Best XI: 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
- J1 League: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021
- Japanese Super Cup: 2019, 2021
Shogo Taniguchi Transfer news
- Taniguchi is set to move to Qatari first-division club Al Rayyan from Kawasaki Frontale after World Cup 2022
Is Shogo Taniguchi married?
If we take a glimpse at Angus's social media accounts like Instagram, and Facebook we cannot trace or find any proof regarding his girlfriend or any link with the girl. In every photo and video posted by him, we can only find him clicking photos of himself or with his teammates and family.
From here we can know that he is a guy highly dedicated to his career and work. Possibly, his focus on his profession might have made this handsome dude stay away from the relationship bond. But we are not 100 percent sure about his relationship background because who knows that he might have secretly dated his loved one.
Shogo Taniguchi's Net Worth
As of December 2022, the net worth of Shogo Taniguchi is estimated to be US $2 million. His annual salary as a Kawasaki Frontale player is £150,000. His weekly wage is £3,100. His current market value is €1.80 million. The football star hasn't lack behind in living a moderate lifestyle through his decent earnings. He owns a beautiful apartment in Tokyo, Japan. The player drives a Hyundai and Toyota.
How tall is Shogo Taniguchi?
Shogo Taniguchi is 6 ft 0 inch tall and his body weight is around 75 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep himself fit and active. He has a short Korean haircut that is light grey in color. His eyes color is dark grey.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Kawasaki Frontale FC football training center for warm-ups and training.
Trivias About Shogo Taniguchi You Need To Know.
- He is a fan of Batman.
- He is also interested in military.
- His overall rating in FIFA 22 is 73.
- He wears Puma Ultra Ultimate soccer cleats in 2022-2023.