Facts About Shontel Brown
|48 Years Old
|Shontel M. Brown
|Place Of Birth
|Democratic candidate for the 2021 Ohio's 11th congressional district special election
|Cuyahoga Community College
|Associate of Science degree in business management
|1.67 m (5 ft 6 in)
|123 lbs (56 kg)
|Source of Wealth
|Business and salary
|Around $6 million
Shontel M. Brown, popularly known as Shontel Brown is an American politician, businesswoman, and social activist. Brown is a member of the Cuyahoga County Council and represents the 9th District. She is also the chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party and is the first African-American to serve as Cuyahoga County Democratic party chair. She is the Democratic nominee for the 2021 Ohio's 11th congressional district special election.
What is Shontel Brown Famous For?
- A member of the Cuyahoga County Council and represents the 9th District.
- The Democratic nominee for the 2021 Ohio's 11th congressional district special election.
Where is Shontel Brown From?
Shontel Brown was born on 24 June 1975. Her birth name is Shontel M Brown. She was born in Cleveland, Ohio in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She belongs to the African-American ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She was born to her father Tony Brown and her mother, Rikki Brown. She occasionally shares about her parents on her social media handles. She has two siblings, Ravyon, and Taylor.
Regarding her educational background, she attended a local high school. she attended Cuyahoga Community College. She graduated with an Associate of Science degree in business management.
Shontel Brown Career
- Shontel Brown worked as Regional Marketing Representative for MCS Distribution from 1996 to 1997.
- She then worked as Marketing Support Representative for Telco Communications Group from 1997 to 1999.
- From 1999 to 2004, she served as Senior Account Manager for Radio One.
- She worked as Director of Sales for Hotcards.com from 2004 to 2009.
- Brown founded a marketing support company, Diversified Digital Solutions.
- She held the office of the Warrensville Heights City Council from 2011 to 2014.
- She was then elected to the Cuyahoga County District 9. She succeeded Cuyahoga County Councilwoman C. Ellen Connally.
- She was elected to the chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party in 2017.
- She defeated State Senator Sandra Williams and Newburgh Heights Mayor Trevor Elkins in the election.
- Brown announced her intention to run for Ohio's 11th congressional district special election.
- Her announcement came after President Joe Biden nominated Congresswoman Marcia Fudge to serve as the secretary of housing and urban development.
- Fudge vacated the seat and Brown announced her candidacy for Fudge's seat.
- Hilary Clinton, Joyce Beatty, Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan, and former Ohio treasurer and attorney general Richard Cordray endorsed Brown's candidacy.
- Brown won the primary election in August 2021 with 50.18% of the total votes against Nina Turner who accumulated 44.52% of the total votes.
- The general election is scheduled to take place in November 2021.
- Brown will face Republican candidate Laverne Gore in the general election and she is speculated to become the eventual winner.
Who is Shontel Brown Husband?
Shontel Brown is reportedly a married woman. However, she maintains a low profile regarding her personal life. She has not revealed the identity of her husband. It is also not known how many children she has. Any updates about her married life will be updated here.
How Tall is Shontel Brown?
Shontel Brown stands around the height of 1.67 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 123 lbs i.e. 56 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. She keeps her hair short. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Shontel Brown Net Worth?
Shontel Brown is not only a politician, she is also a businesswoman. She is the founder of a marketing support company, Diversified Digital Solutions. She makes a good income from her business ventures. As a government servant, she receives a handsome salary as well. She is speculated to be favorite winner in the upcoming general election for the Ohio's 11th District. Some of the online news portals have reported her net worth to be around $6 million.
Trivias About Shontel Brown You Need To Know.
- She became the first African-American to serve as Cuyahoga County Democratic party chair.
- In February 2021, The Plain Dealer editorial board called on Brown to resign as Cuyahoga County Democratic Party chair during her run, claiming Brown's position gave her an unfair advantage.
- She is a member of the Democratic Party.
- She advocates affordable healthcare and stopping gun violence.