Sidhu Moose Wala - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Age, Wife, Family, Height
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu was an Indian singer, rapper, actor, and politician associated with Punjabi music and Punjabi cinema. He was professionally known by his stage name Sidhu Moose Wala. He began his career as a songwriter for the song "License" by Ninja, and started his singing career on a duet song titled "G Wagon". He earned wide attention with his track "So High". He gained wide attention with his track "So High" and released his debut album "PBX 1", which peaked at 66th on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart in 2018. Also, he was known for his controversial lyrical style, often promoting gun cultures, while also challenging religious sentiments. Additionally, Sidhu released his debut Ep No Name" in April 2022 and announced his new film "Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya" which was set for release on 18th March 2022. Sadly, we lost such a versatile icon on 29th May 2022.
Sidhu Moose Wala Death: Murder of popular Indian singer
Sidhu Moose Wala was shot by unidentified people while he was traveling in the state's Mansa district on Sunday evening on 29th May 2022 in Jawaharke village of Mansa district. He was 28. Two others were injured in the attack. Police said they were investigating the incident, and that they suspected the involvement of gangs in the crime. State police chief VK Bhawra had said on Sunday that a Canada-based gangster had claimed responsibility for the attack as a Canadian gangster of Punjabi origin, identified as Satinder Singh alias Goldy Brar, claimed responsibility for the murder. Brar, a close associate of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi claimed that his "Punjab Module" (gang) carried out the shooting. Both Brar and Bishnoi have criminal cases against them in India. The Punjab police later confirmed Bishnoi's involvement. But Moose Wala's family has demanded an apology from the police chief for linking the death to gang rivalry without a proper investigation.
What was Sidhu Moose Wala Famous For?
- Being an Indian singer, rapper, actor, and politician.
- For his controversial lyrical style.
Where was Sidhu Moose Wala from?
Sidhu Moosewala stepped into the world for the very first time on 11th June 1993 in Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India. He was born with the real name of Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu in the Sikh religious family. He was Indian by nationality and Asian by ethnicity. Sidhu lastly celebrated his 28th birthday in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign was Gemini. Thus, his race was white. He was the son of his father Balkaur Singh and his mother Charan Kaur. He also had one brother named Gurpreet Sidhu.
Regarding Sidhu's education, he studied at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, and graduated in electrical engineering in 2016.
How was the Career of Sidhu Moose Wala?
- Sidhu Moosewala kicked off his career by releasing his first song "G Wagon" after which he had his breakthrough with the song "So High" in 2017.
- He then continued his success with singles like "Issa Jatt", "Tochan", "Selfmade", "Famous" and "Warning Shots" whereas he launched his first film soundtrack song titled "Dollar" in August 2018, for the film "Dakuaan Da Munda".
- He released his debut album "PBX 1" in the pop music genre with a touch of hip-hop in October 2018 and founded a record label of his name and released numerous tracks on the record label in 2019.
- He featured in "Old Skool" in 2020 and announced his second studio album, "Snitches Get Stitches" on his Instagram handle in May 2020, which was released on the same day.
- He also released "Game" with Shooter Kahlon, which became his first song to chart on the Canadian Hot 100 by "Billboard" in September 2020.
- Subsequently, he released his third studio album, "Moosetape" in May 2021 as well as launched his debut Ep "No Name" which debuted at No. 73 on Billboard Top Canadian Albums in April 2022.
- Besides, Moose Wala released the single "Panjab: My Motherland" in December 2020, in which he glorified Khalistani separatist Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
- Furthermore, Sidhu made his debut in Punjabi cinema in the film "Yes I Am Student" and appeared in "Teri Meri Jodi" in 2019.
- In June 2020, he announced another film titled "Gunah" and on 22nd August, he released the teaser of his upcoming movie, "Moosa Jatt".
- He announced his new film "Jattan Da Munda Gaun Lagya" on 24th August, which was set for release on 18th March 2022.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was facing four criminal cases as of 2022. Two of the cases were related to obscene scenes. In May 2020, two videos featuring him went viral on social media: one showcased him training to use an AK-47 with assistance from police officers, and the other saw him use a personal pistol.
- The six officers who had assisted him were suspended following the incident and on 19th May, he was booked under two sections of the Arms Act.
- Then the police started conducting raids to find Moose Wala, but he absconded to evade arrest. On 2nd June, the Barnala District Court rejected a plea for anticipatory bail for Moose Wala and five accused officers.
- He released a single titled "Sanju" in July, comparing himself to actor Sanjay Dutt, who was also arrested under the Arms Act after which Indian sports shooter Avneet Sidhu criticized the song and called out Moosewala for promoting gun culture. The next day, a case was registered against him for releasing the song.
- Sidhu Moose Wala joined Congress for contesting the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election on 3rd December 2021 and lost to Aam Aadmi Party's Vijay Singla by a margin of 63,323 votes, obtaining only 20.52% votes from the Mansa constituency.
- During the 2022 election, a case under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, was filed against Moosewala for his violation of the election code of conduct.
- Moose Wala released a song titled "Scapegoat" on 11th April 2022, in which he laments his failure in the 2022 Punjab state assembly elections. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) claimed that Moose Wala through his song insinuated that the voters of Punjab were "gaddar" for electing AAP.
Was Sidhu Moose Wala Dating Anyone?
Sidhu Moose Wala was an unmarried singer. There was not much about his personal relation and girlfriend as he always maintained a distance in his personal life and media. But we know he wasn't married and had no wife. Since he was unmarried and single there wasn't any chance of him being through a divorce. Concerning Sidhu's sexual orientation, he was straight.
What was the Net Worth of Sidhu Moose Wala?
Sidhu Moose Wala was a versatile man who had a net worth of $4 million at the time of his death (2022). His per song salary was 6 to 8 Lakh rupees which he charged from the film producers. He was also superbly ambitious and continued to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income was from his singer, rapper, actor, and politician, career.
What was the Height of Sidhu Moose Wala?
Sidhu Moose Wala stood at a tall height of 6 ft 1 in with a perfectly balanced bodyweight of 85 kg. He had black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type was average. He had also inked some attractive tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Sidhu Moose Wala You Need To Know.
- He dropped a new single called "Dark Love" in July of 2018.
- He began publishing music online in 2017.
- He became a social media sensation, surpassing 8.2 million followers on his sidhu_moosewala Instagram account.
- He was from India and later resided in Canada.
- Sunny Malton collaborated with him on tracks such as "Issa Jatt" and "Just Listen."