Last updated on August 25th, 2022 at 05:34 pm
Facts About Snoop Dogg
|Celebrated Name||Snoop Dogg|
|Age||51 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||California|
|High School||Long Beach Polytechnic High School|
|College / University||El Camino College Campton Center|
|Net Worth||$150 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Marital Status||Married & Divorced|
|Wife||Shante Taylor (ex-wife)|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Debut Movie||Half Baked|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. professionally named Snoop Dogg is a famous American rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, media personality, entrepreneur, and actor. He began his singing career in 1992 when he was discovered by Dr. Dre and featured on Dre's solo debut, "Deep Cover", and then on Dre's solo debut album, The Chronic. He has since sold over 23 million albums in the United States and 35 million albums worldwide. Dogg recorded the albums, Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told (1998), No Limit Top Dogg (1999), and Tha Last Meal (2000) with No Limit Records.
In 2012, after a trip to Jamaica, Snoop announced a conversion to Rastafarianism and a new alias, Snoop Lion. As Snoop Lion he released a reggae album, Reincarnated, and a documentary film of the same name, about his Jamaican experience, in early 2013. On 19th November 2018, he was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He released his seventeenth solo album, I Wanna Thank Me in 2019.
Snoop Dogg’s Attacks on Oprah and Gayle King and Defense of Kobe, MJ, and Cosby Are Classic Misogynoir
The rapper has not only attacked Gayle King (and Oprah) for asking about the rape allegation against Kobe Bryant but defended several high-profile accused sexual predators. There are many fair criticisms to make about Oprah and her media empire (and I and many others have made them), but Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent have rooted their critiques in misogynistic conspiracy theories directed specifically against black women who refuse to make it their life’s work to defend black men at any cost.
According to these rappers, Oprah smiled in photos with Harvey Weinstein (like countless other high-powered people who benefited from his corporate bullying) and later said the #MeToo movement was “bigger than” him, yet went after black men like Cosby without hesitation. In response to Snoop’s dog whistle, Bill Cosby responded via Instagram: “When they brought me to my gated community and placed me inside of my penthouse, they didn’t win nor did they silence me. It’s so sad and disappointing that successful Black Women are being used to tarnish the image and legacy of successful Black Men even in death.”
What is Snoop Dogg Famous For?
- Being a famous Rapper.
- For rapping in the West Coast hip-hop scene and for being one of Dr. Dre‘s most notable proteges.
What is the Religion of Snoop Dogg?
Snoop Dogg was born with the real name of Cordozar Calvin Brofus Jr. as the second of three sons on the 20th of October 1971 in Long Beach, California, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is Afro-American. He was born to his mother Beverly Broadus and his father Vernell Varnado (singer and mail carrier).
Dogg was named after his stepfather, Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr. His mother and his stepfather divorced in the year 1975. When he was three months old, his father left the family. As of 2019, he celebrated his 48th birthday. His parents nicknamed him ''Snoopy'' when he was a kid. From an early age, he began singing and playing piano at Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church. When he was in the 6th grade, he started rapping. He then attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School and later graduated from El Camino College Campton Center. In 2012, he converted from a Muslim to a Rastafari movement after a trip to Jamaica. His mother, Beverly Broadus passed away on October 24, 2021.
How was Snoop Dogg's Singing Career?
- Firstly, Snoop Dogg along with his cousins made homemade Mixtapes by naming their group 213.
- One of the tracks of the mixtape came to the attention of Dr. Dre who invited Dogg for the audition.
- He then started rapping under the name ''Snoop Doggy Dogg.''
- Later, Dr. Dre and Dogg collaborated on a song, ''Deep Cover'' and in the year 1992, Dogg starred in several songs on Dre's album named The Chronic.
- His debut album, Doggystyle was released in 1993 and was released under the label Death Row Records and debuted in the first position on the Billboard 200 as well as the Billboard Top R&B/ Hip-Hop Album Charts.
- The album sold over a million copies in the very first week and was certified 4x platinum.
- What’s My Name and Gin and Juice became extremely popular and next on the film Murder Was The Case, where he gave music which went double platinum.
- Then he released his second album named Tha Doggfather which too debuted in the first position on the previous two charts.
- He has since signed in with No Limit Records from where he released the albums Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to be Told, and No Limit Top Dogg which scored the top position on the hip-hop chart.
- His other albums, No Limit, and Tha Last Meal sold millions of copies.
- In 2002, he released the album ‘Paid the Cost to Be da Bo$$’ which featured the hit singles “From tha Chuuuch to da Palace” and “Beautiful”.
- In the year 2004, his album‘R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece’ was released which featured the single “Drop It Like It's Hot”.
- The same year, another album "The Hard Way", which included the single “Groupie Luv” was also released.
- His 2006 album titled "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" and its second single “That's That Shit” was well received by critics.
- He then released several albums in the following years such as ‘Ego Trippin' (2008), ‘Malice n Wonderland’ (2009), and ‘Doggumentary’ (2011).
- By 2012, he dropped ''Dogg'' from his name and changed it to Lion.
- His documentary titled ‘Reincarnated’ was released in March 2013 and the following month, his new studio album of the same name was released.
- In May 2015, he released his 12th studio album, Bush produced by Pharrell Wiliams. His songs from the album, ''Peaches N Cream'' and ''So Many Pros'' hit #1 on the hip-hop/R&B charts and also hit #14 on the Billboard 200.
- He released his 14th studio album, Coolaid in 2016.
- Dogg dropped his 15th album in May 2017 titled, Neva Left.
- He released his 16th studio album, Bible of Love which became Dogg's first album to hit #1 on the US Gospel Albums as of 2018.
- On 25th June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Snoop Dogg among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
- On 3rd July 2019, he released the title track from his upcoming 17th studio album, I Wanna Thank Me. The album was released on 16th August 2019.
- He also collaborated with Vietnamese singer Son Tung M-TP in Hay Trao Cho Anh (Give it to Me), which was officially released on 1st July 2019.
- As of October 3, 2019, the music video has amassed 158,886,366 views on YouTube.
- Snoop and Banda Sinaloense de Sergio Lizarraga collaborated on the song "Que Maldicion", which was released in May 2020 and peaked at number one on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot chart.
- His 18th studio album, "From tha Streets 2 tha Suites", was released on April 20, 2021.
- On February 11, 2022, Dogg released his nineteenth studio album, "BODR".
- He collaborated with Eminem on the track, "From the D 2 LBC", with a live-action/animated music video released the same day.
How was Snoop Dogg's Acting Career?
- Snoop Dogg made his film debut in 1994 in a short film, Murder Was the Case.
- After two years, he made a cameo in Martin Lawrence's dark-comedy film, A Thin Line Between Love and Hate.
- He then played the lead role, Dra-Man in The Wrecking Crew starring Ice-T, Emie Hudson Jr., and Vincent Klyn in 1999.
- Dogg has worked in several movies like Bones (2001), Soul Plane (2004), The Tenants (2006), The Big Bang (2011), Scary Movie 5 (2013), and Grow House (2017) among others.
- In 2019, he appeared in a stoner comedy movie, The Beach Bum starring Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey, and Isla Fisher.
- He starred in a comedy horror film, The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 in 2021.
- The same year, he also voiced the character, The Gamble, in the computer-animated adventure comedy film, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
- Dogg played the character of, The Joint, in a romantic stoner comedy film, Good Mourning in 2022.
- He also appeared in several TV series and TV shows. He also hosted several programs like Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party and The Joker's Wild.
What is the Net Worth of Snoop Dogg?
The net worth of this famous rapper, Snoop Dogg will be surely in the millions as he has established a name in the rapping arena. He has accumulated a net worth of $150 million as of now. With such a net worth, he became one of the richest rappers in the world. His major source of earning is from his songs and album.
Moreover, he is also earning an impressive salary from his acting career as well. His exact salary is under review. He is also making money from investments where he made his first investment for the venture Eaze in 2015 which is a weed delivery startup that provides medical marijuana to the person's doorstep in less than 10 minutes.
Dogg also formed his new brand of cannabis product called, Leafs By Snoop. He also owns a house in Claremont, California worth $2 million.
Additionally, he has a collection of luxury cars such as Rolls Royce Phanton, Polaris Slingshot, and more. Some of his latest collection cars include Ferrari ($188425 to $400k), and Maybach ($167k to $192k) among others.
Who is Snoop Dogg's wife?
Snoop Dogg is a married person. He tied the knot with his college sweetheart, Shante Taylor on 12th June 1997 at The Ritz Carlton Hotel in California. Before marriage, the pair started their affair in 1988. On 21st May 2004, his wife filed a divorce citing irreconcilable differences.
He said, ''I was trying to get a divorce, but I went back home and I fell back in love with my wife and kids. A lot of times you get cloudy. This music industry is a mother, man, and it’ll take your vision and blur it. But God is good, so I understand that I need my wife and my kids in my life so I threw the papers away. I don’t want to get a divorce. So if you hear about a divorce, it’ll be my wife divorcing me; it won’t be me divorcing her. … And I made a mistake, so I’m trying to get back right.''
Dogg remarried his spouse on the 12th of January, 2008 on Charlie Wilson's 20-acre ranch. The couple shares, three children, two sons Corde Broadus (1994), & Cordell Broadus (1997), and a daughter Cori Broadus (1999). Their daughter, Cori was diagnosed with Lupus at the age of 6. He also has a son, Julian Corrie Broadus (1998) from his previous relationship with Laurie Helmond.
How tall is Snoop Dogg?
Snoop Dogg is a very handsome rapper with an athletic body build. As he maintains his body a lot. He has a tall height of six feet four inches with a balanced bodyweight of 75 Kg. His other body measurements will be added soon. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Snoop Dogg You Need To Know.
- He began his singing career in 1992 when he was discovered by Dr. Dre.
- In 2012, after a trip to Jamaica, Snoop announced a conversion to Rastafarianism and a new alias, Snoop Lion.
- On 19th November 2018, he was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He released his seventeenth solo album, I Wanna Thank Me in 2019.
- His parents nicknamed him "Snoopy" when he was a kid due to his love and likeness of the cartoon character from Peanuts.