Song Hye-Kyo - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Divorce, Age, Height, Wiki
If you’re familiar with the South Korean entertainment scene then the name Song Hye-Kyo should ring a loud bell. She is one of the leading women in the South Korean film industry. She has acted in a plethora of films and TV shows, gaining recognition not only in Asia but internationally. Forbes recognized her as one of the most powerful celebrities in South Korea. Follow us as we take you through her journey to fame and wealth.
What makes Song Hye-Kyo famous?
Song Hye-Kyo is a South Korean actress. Song gained a huge recognition for her role in the 2000 television dramas Autumn in My Heart. In addition, success reached a new height from her extremely prominent work in dramas such as All In (2003), Full House (2004), Descendants of the Sun(2016), and much more. Song has also featured in several movies, Hwang Jin Yi (2007), The Grandmaster (2013), and The Queens (2015). Her popularity doesn’t exist not only in Asia but all over the world.
Who are the parents of Song Hye-Kyo?
Back to his early life, Song Hye-Kyo was born in Dalseo District, Daegu, South Korea. Her ethnicity is Asian and her nationality is South Korean. After her birth, she was so ill that her parents and doctor thought she would not survive. Her early life wasn’t so good. Song’s parents separated when she was too young and later she grew up with his mother.
From the beginning of her childhood, Song has had a keen interest in acting. So, she began to participate in various contests and also won several. She shifted to Gangnam District in Seoul with his mother.
Talking about her education, Song completed her education at Sejong University with a major in Film Arts. She studied at Girls High School.
When did Song Hye-Kyo pursue his acting career?
- Initially, Song appeared in the drama Autumn in My Heart in 2000 alongside Won Bin which became a huge hit in Korea. After that, her fame climbed to new heights and helped her to become a Hallyu star. Later in 2003, she gave another blockbuster All In which rose her name to another level. In the same year, she starred in a romantic comedy series Full house with singer and actor Rain.
- In 2006, she made her film debut with "My Girl and I", which was also a Korean remake. Song amazed all with her role in Hwang Jin Yi which was released in 2007. In 2008 she returned to his TV series with The World That They Live In.
- Apart from her acting career, she has also published a photo book named Song Hye-Kyo's Moment. Moreover, she has signed a contract with the French global agency Effigies and released a photo-essay book in 2012 titled It’s Time for Hye-Kyo. Her latest venture is Descendants of the Sun which was released in 2016.
- After a two-year hiatus, she returned to the small screen with the romantic melodrama Encounter alongside Park Bo-gum.
- In 2021, She plays the character of a team leader of the design department of a fashion company in the SBS romantic drama, "Now, We Are Breaking Up".
- Further, She has managed to bag some popular awards which include, SBS Drama Awards and KBS Drama Awards, and much more.
Who is Song Hye-Kyo's husband?
Talking about her personal life, Song Hye Kyo is a divorced woman.
Previously, She married her co-star Song Joong-Ki on n October 31, 2017, at Youngbingwan, Hotel Shilla in Seoul, following their engagement on July 5, 2017. The couple reportedly started dating after meeting on the set of Descendants of the Sun in 2016. The wedding was also attended by Lee Kwang-soo, Yoo Ah-in, and Park Bo-gum.
On 26th June 2019, Song revealed that he had filed for divorce from Song Hye-Kyo and their divorce was finalized in July 2019. At present, she seems to be single.
Regarding her past affairs, Son Hye-Kyo, in 2003, Song was seen having romantic love affairs with another South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun. They began dating when both co-stars were starring in All In. However, she broke up with her boyfriend within a year of their relationship.
In June 2009, Song confirmed that she was dating actor Hyun Bin. They also expressed their desire to get married, but they eventually broke up at the start of 2011.
As per some online sources,
How much net worth Song Hye-Kyo owns?
Song has been earning a good amount of money from all of her drama series and movies. Currently, she has a net worth of $25 million. She hasn’t revealed information regarding her salary.
Talking about her assets, Song Hye-Kyo lives in a luxurious home in Samseongdong. She bought the lavish house in 2016 for a whopping $9 billion won ($7.5 million) under her mother's name in Seol.
How tall is Song Hye-Kyo?
Observing her body physics, Song has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs 50 kg. She has attractive brown eyes and black hair. Her body measurements are 34-25-34 and she wears a 34B-sized bra.
Trivias About Song Hye-Kyo You Need To Know.
- She is a former figure skater.
- In 2013, at the 6th Korea Drama Awards, she was awarded the Grand Prize for her role in That Winter, the wind blows.
- Christian name is Lorraine.